The Sandwich Game

Anybody tried Kiolbassa smoked meats? I got a pack of their kielbasa and made some sandwiches w the deli hoagie roles. Sauteed onions and yellow peppers till soft w some Janes mixed up salt,oregano and then added the sliced sausage for 5 mins.Put provolone on top till melted and on the mayo slathered bread. It was so good I only had time to take a pic of the sandwich I made w the leftovers last night. It is the best (brand) kielbasa I've ever had and I can't wait to try their smoked sausage that's in the fridge.

Kiolbassa Smoked Meats | Sausage Recipes | Sausage Flavors

1212182050.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody tried Kiolbassa smoked meats? I got a pack of their kielbasa and made some sandwiches w the deli hoagie roles. Sauteed onions and yellow peppers till soft w some Janes mixed up salt,oregano and then added the sliced sausage.Put provolone on top till melted and on the bread w mayo. It was so good I only had time to take a pic of the sandwich I made w the leftovers last night. It is the best (brand) kielbasa I've ever had and I can't wait to try their smoked sausage that's in the fridge.

Kiolbassa Smoked Meats | Sausage Recipes | Sausage Flavors

View attachment 282075

That looks REALLY good!

That looks REALLY good!

You could not see the bread on the sandwich I made the night before yesterday. I had to hold it w both hands to eat it w my mouth over the plate cause stuff was falling off w every bite. The only thing I can say bad(not that bad) about the Kiolbassa is the casing can be a bit chewy. I just chewed it into a small ball and put it on the plate. The sausage is outstanding, great flavor and not too salty like most smoked sausage. They guarantee their sausage is the best you've ever had or they'll give you your money back, and I agree.

Last edited:
My signature sandwich I start with every morning for the last 15 years when I’m in Nags Head...the ‘Ben’. Dave and Bobbi are great people, craft beer selection that rivals Asheville and most importantly...outdoor seating is dog friendly.

Waverider’s Coffee, Deli and Pub - Outer Banks NC

85A35041-BB7C-41FA-A65D-B8E7E34B8245.jpeg
9F37C343-9982-4521-9005-6B04BB783755.jpeg

I may have to schedule a vacation just to try this breakfast sandwich.
We're not going this year, but we usually do an OBX trip every year. Gotta try that next year.

I highly recommend it...not just because it carries my namesake, but the place is pretty cool. They let me have my rehearsal dinner and my reception there, those folks know how to have a good time. I've said in other threads, my wife and I used to tent camp at Oregon Inlet 4-6 weeks a year. Get up in the mornings, go to Waveriders, then sit on the beach and drink all day...that's it for a week straight. I absolutely love it out there.

Never before have I made this simple sammich until yesterday.White bread,Hormel deli ham slices and slathered w Star's pimento cheese,it was awesome.

Up your game and get some Palmetto Cheese. Damn that stuff is good. Their Jalapeño pimento cheese is off the hook

I'll see your wager and raise you some HT deli jalapeno pimento cheese, it's even better. We like the regular better, also.

Wish I woulda taken a picture, ended up being really good. The office decided to do BLT’s for lunch yesterday, by the time I was available to eat, I ended up making a BLPPSCBBQC...bacon lettuce pickles potato salad cheddar bbq chip, hodge podge out of the scraps.

How are things down there? We were supposed to be there last week for family vacation, but canceled the house rental a while back because of so many loose ends. I'm still curious what OBX summer looks like in the COVID context.

I usually come down in May and/or September to avoid super busy season...so not really sure what June-August typically look like, but it’s busier than it usually is during May/Sept. Some places are wide open, others are still take out, there’s about a 50/50 mask ratio in the general public. Some state run stuff is open, like Jeannettes Pier, but the aquarium is still closed.

Back