The story behind the name...

When I first got on the boards I was doin some mud racing,almost no trail ridin,in a short bed on tons.Having it to do over I would have come up w something a lil more clever.
Ha! Compared to my original sn "mudder" yours is genius. Then I changed it to my real name once I realized everyone that I would meet on here would call me mudder instead of Joe. My next choice was going to be "joesjeep" or "jeepinjones," that shows you my creativity in a nutshell hahaha.

I milk cows for a living
You need my avatar then. I was just taking random pictures of the mountains traveling out in BFE with the wife at the wheel and there she was within touching distance with titties hangin. Been meaning to take a pic of one of my trucks to replace it.

I used to run a lot so that was my first inspiration but the name actually came from Bob Seger's Against the Wind, specifically the line "I was living to run and running to live".

Back when I joined, I wheeled an 89 Wrangler. Being so creative, I went with 89wrangler. Still have the same ole rig.

Not in 7/05 when you signed up it wasnt.
It was saf-t-scissors then...
ai.imgur.com_MFVrk7m.gif

I have a Suzuki. It sat for 6 years years in the weeds behind the house with a blown motor and my daughters never remembered riding in it.
Accidentally found a motor through a friend and me and the wife put it in and got it running about 10 years ago.
It was still stock and for the next fathers day the daughters (10 and 14) decided daddy's bumpy old truck needed seat covers and a steering wheel cover with lizards on it. The door panels were re-done by my wife a few weeks later with lizards ....
Lizard + Suzuki = Lizooki. My screenname and the name of the zook.

Matt

Geek thing. Back in the 90's worked on Unix systems and was trying to find a way to combine that with my Jeep being a YJ. At risk of boring some to tears... the /dev directory on a Unix box is where the device drivers are stored for things like the video card, hard disk, etc. So, /dev/yj translates as "the YJ device" or "Jeep". Sometimes folks get the /dev part, other the YJ part, but takes Jeep geek and computer geek to put them together.
Many, many years ago, on a not-to-be-named, not-exactly-legal trail, I slipped off a rock going up hill and backed hard into a tree (thankfully, otherwise could have gotten nasty) putting a pretty good dent in the lip of the tub and ripping the license plate off. One of the folks watching said "Oh no, he's destroyed the device directory. He'll have to rebuild the machine."

Was driving on Wade Ave. when a car came up next to me, a hot chick hanging out the passenger window screaming "Does that mean what I think it means?" I said "Yeah, it's a Jeep". She grinned and laughed. Should have married that girl...

The M416 trailer tag is ../M416 so can haul it behind the Dodge too which is /dev/ram. The BBQ pit is /dev/bbq. Yes, I think I got carried away. My son is thinking of getting /dev/gti. Yes, he's a geek too. :)

When I was younger everyone called me Bill. I got into the workforce and took a job where there were a couple dozen guys named Bill. It got rediculous - Bill said I could - got us all in trouble. I changed job and again bunches of Bills. I said screw it call me William. After a while you get to where you are older than most of your coworkers. So a guy started calling me Uncle Willie. It stuck. Now you know.

Mommicked is an old saying around the coastal communities around Harkers Island, Beaufort, Morehead City. It means I'm wore out, exhausted, beaten, punished, worked too hard today. It can also be used to infer you had a good day fishing/hunting etc. "We mommicked some fish/ducks today". My mothers maiden name is Willis and her descendants lived on Core banks/Cape Lookout before moving to the new Morehead City after several bad hurricanes in the 1830s. Mommucked is also a spelling that may or may not be past tense for mommicked, mud is called muck and most of my wheeling has involved mud so I used Mommucked............ I also feel mommicked from time to time so it is a great moniker for me.

I have been working in construction for 20 years. I can pretty much look at a building and imagine what is behind the finished surface. I got sent to a house once that the guys were trying to retro fit wires from floor to floor. It was Plaster and Lathe, so holes couldn't be patched easily and they had been trying to find a path for a couple hours.The Lead installer said a path without repair was " Impossible ". I walked it and had a clean path within about 30 minutes, we drilled it and sure enough it worked. The Lead installer's helper said " Damn son, who's your RetroDaddy ? " and it stuck. It's been with me through a few company's as kind of a niche. I once installed 32 camera's on the exterior of a brick 3 story house without a single work hole. For some reason people can't understand that patching Drywall really isn't a big deal, so I was called on a lot to find a creative path that didn't involve drywall repair/paint.

You need my avatar then. I was just taking random pictures of the mountains traveling out in BFE with the wife at the wheel and there she was within touching distance with titties hangin. Been meaning to take a pic of one of my trucks to replace it.
Your avatar has always been a little unsettling to me, I couldn't figure out what it was for the longest time.

^^^^ oh damn...I see it too now.Hehe,I allways thought it was somethin that 16th century guinea faggot painted on the church cieling over in Itly.

I've been a reenactor with the 26th North Carolina since october 1993. Started my move up through the ranks to achieve 2cd sergeant sometime around 2001. In 2003,I was offered the "field and staff" position of Ordnance Sergeant.I took it and have held this position since. I work on weapons and leather gear while in camp,on the march, while fighting and even bring projects home to work on for the guys. Normally I float along the rear of the battalion until battle has commenced and then go where needed to do whatever is needed.Soooooooooo
ord= ordnance (weapons and ammunition)
sgt=sergeant
26=26th Regiment
NC = North Carolina

Not a bunch of imagination here, one might think I was a basketball standout in college....nope! Last name is Hooper, Dad's nickname was Hoop, Grandpa's nickname was Hoop, big brothers.....you get the idea ! As an interesting aside, my Avatar is from the original Sesame Street in the 70's...that's Mr.Hooper from Hoopers store.... for all you youngin's !!

Not a bunch of imagination here, one might think I was a basketball standout in college....nope! Last name is Hooper, Dad's nickname was Hoop, Grandpa's nickname was Hoop, big brothers.....you get the idea ! As an interesting aside, my Avatar is from the original Sesame Street in the 70's...that's Mr.Hooper from Hoopers store.... for all you youngin's !!

I kinda figured that was the last name, but I also wondered how many of the younger crowd did actually know who Mr Hooper was. Brought a smile to my face first time I saw the pic.

I like in a small community nestled in the middle of the Croatan National Forest and I'm usually the youngest on forums or where I work, so a lot of people always called me "kid" or "the kid".

72Rockcruiser is obvious I guess, But I sold it before I joined here(Was my pirate handle). Ironic thing is I purchased another 72 FJ40 I am working on now so should it now be 72Rockcruiser v2.0?

72 40 pic.jpg
rockcruiser7.jpg

Its a last name first, first name last combo and the old AOL instant messenger handle from the college days. Plus it is almost Rambo, and who doesn't like Rambo, right?

Last name is Fish and in my military contracting days the guys that worked with me and for me used to say I was tuff as an old bull. Also carried the nick name of hellboy in my partying days for some reason.

Back