Truck Night in America

You might think differently there. Unless they are actually spotting you, the hosts have next to nothing to do with what you do there. The balance beam is about the only obstacle they had like that.

Sounds like they’re doing a ‘truck weekend in America’ in the next couple weeks. Buddy of mine says he’ll be in some hour long episode

4A53EFC8-249B-4590-9F54-9CE022A9F6B3.jpeg

E75B8C0B-FB44-419D-9D62-9ABDCDBABA44.jpeg

I don't know any exact details but everything thing ive heard is this season was way harder than the first

Not sure what his NDA looks like, so I don’t wanna say too much, but I saw damage to my buddy’s rig as a result of things he’s not used to. He’s a mud/big air/hill n hole guy...and last seasons stuff should have been a cake walk for his rig...so I’d tend to agree without knowing all the details.

Not sure what his NDA looks like, so I don’t wanna say too much, but I saw damage to my buddy’s rig as a result of things he’s not used to. He’s a mud/big air/hill n hole guy...and last seasons stuff should have been a cake walk for his rig...so I’d tend to agree without knowing all the details.
I wouldn't say much more than that. But I have seen pictures of a lot of damaged rigs from this season!

I made the cut and twice they asked me to come down to the shoot location. However, each time they gave me less than 2 days notice. I can't up and leave my work behind for up to 5 days with that short of notice. I reminded them that I need to know the filming dates at least 2 weeks ahead of time due to work scheduling (like 99% of people would need).
After the second time, I decided it best that I remove myself from contention.

Last edited:
I made the cut and twice they asked me to come down to the shoot location. However, each time they gave me less than 2 day's notice. I can't up and leave my work behind for up to 5 days with that short of notice. I reminded them that I need to know the filming dates at least 2 weeks ahead of time due to work scheduling (like 99% of people would need).
After the second time, I decided it best that I remove myself from contention.
I can't imagine having that short of a notice. I had two months and still barely was able to make it. I think a different casting company is running that part this year though.

I can't imagine having that short of a notice. I had two months and still barely was able to make it. I think a different casting company is running that part this year though.

I think so too. I spoke with a lady numerous times about scheduling. She was very nice and polite, but each time gave me 1-2 days, that's it. The last convo I was asked to be you know where the very next morning. That sealed the deal for me.
I was all on board to do it but knowing they're making $$$ off me, they need to be reasonable with my schedule.

I think so too. I spoke with a lady numerous times about scheduling. She was very nice and polite, but each time gave me 1-2 days, that's it. The last convo I was asked to be you know where the very next morning. That sealed the deal for me.
I was all on board to do it but knowing they're making $$$ off me, they need to be reasonable with my schedule.
It makes you wonder what kind of yahoos they are using this season... clearly excluding anybody w/ a consistent job...

It makes you wonder what kind of yahoos they are using this season... clearly excluding anybody w/ a consistent job...

It seemed like it was not very well planned. So since it is my choice whether or not to compete, I decided not to and not get into a world of crap with work

I wonder if they had someone back out? Just wondering if they had you listed to be an alternate, and last minute cancellations is what caused the short fuse? Either way, they should give you a heads up earlier.

I wonder if they had someone back out? Just wondering if they had you listed to be an alternate, and last minute cancellations is what caused the short fuse? Either way, they should give you a heads up earlier.

I was curious about that as well, or an alternate??? One of my customers/buddies was in last season and knew pretty far in advance. And my buddy this season (who has an off-road shop as well) said he knew weeks ago too. The secondary shooting he was called back for he said he only had 5 days notice though.

I assume that was the case. One instance they told me they NEEDED me there the next day due to a back out. I simply cannot leave my work position open unannounced for that long.

I assume that was the case. One instance they told me they NEEDED me there the next day due to a back out. I simply cannot leave my work position open unannounced for that long.

I just started watching it on Discovery Plus. I wondered why all of the contestants seem to be either older dudes or younger guys that did it for a living. I can't see how they expect anyone to drop everything on a couple days notice and get their rig to an undisclosed location. Did they tell you where it is?

I just started watching it on Discovery Plus. I wondered why all of the contestants seem to be either older dudes or younger guys that did it for a living. I can't see how they expect anyone to drop everything on a couple days notice and get their rig to an undisclosed location. Did they tell you where it is?
Most people had more than a couple days notice. I had four months. No, they did not tell you where it was ahead of time. They just gave you a hotel to be at in Augusta ga.

Back