Twitter

ponykilr

Old Crow
Musk has made another huge offer. If they don’t take it, there will be legal repercussions from the shareholders. The only reason the board would refuse is they don’t want to give up control of the narrative, their first responsibility is to make the shareholders money. Dude is god-troll level!

Actually making Twitter a free speech platform will help humanity and according to Musk in interviews, it‘s the only thing important to him.

When I was switching jobs about 2 months ago, one of the options I had on the table was working for twitter, I'm really glad I didn't take that now.

You might see a mass exodus from there now, but not for the reasons you might think, unless they come up with a big change to the comp package. Many people at twitter are paid heavily in RSU's, taking them private now removes that. There are a lot of people that are uneasy right now there due to what this could mean for their comp packages.

I don't know how the guy has time for any of his business: Tesla, SpaceX, Boring Company, Neuralink, OpenAI, and now twitter. How does he have any time to really focus on them.

How does he have any time to really focus on them.
Delegation

He didn't create ANY of them. He did exactly what he just did with Twitter...rolled in and bought each one.

Why re-invent something when it's working just fine. May just need a tweak. That's all musk has EVER done: Tweak a little and stay out of the every day...just be the nerdy front man

Delegation

He didn't create ANY of them. He did exactly what he just did with Twitter...rolled in and bought each one.

Why re-invent something when it's working just fine. May just need a tweak. That's all musk has EVER done: Tweak a little and stay out of the every day...just be the nerdy front man

Good point. He is good at taking companies and getting them back on the right track with tweaks of what they are doing, and putting them to ambitious goals.

That is incorrect

His most successful one he didn't create though, but he was founder/cofounder of quite a few of them

X.com he founded, but its popularity really came from when he wasn't running it.
Tesla - Didn't create
SpaceX - he founded
Solar City - He has the idea and provided the money for
Neuralink / Boring - He founded (cofounded neuralink)

His most successful one he didn't create though, but he was founder/cofounder of quite a few of them

X.com he founded, but its popularity really came from when he wasn't running it.
Tesla - Didn't create
SpaceX - he founded
Solar City - He has the idea and provided the money for
Neuralink / Boring - He founded (cofounded neuralink)
Dude.. STOP

This is solely about getting under Shawn's skin and making him spend an hour trying to prove me wrong. Don't help him

I was listening to Rock 92 this morning and a good question came up. He buys twitter for 46 billion. How much will it be worth in 20 years? 15 years?

Is this more of a statement rather than an investment?

I was listening to Rock 92 this morning and a good question came up. He buys twitter for 46 billion. How much will it be worth in 20 years? 15 years?

He isn't dumb, he didn't buy twitter to not make money. Banks wouldn't have loaned him 20B if they didn't think he was capable of giving them ROI.

The snowflake meltdowns over this are glorious. The employees talking about ruining “free speech” by allowing people to say what they want without fear is hysterical.

When you let people decide what is “truth” and who gets shut down it always ends badly.

Delegation

Not relallly accurate. Neuralink for sure is a new company that did not exist prior. Now, Musk is one of several that are "founders", and everything I have seen is that he is basically a face for good PR and has no real impact at a scientific or technical level.

Neuralink is also kind of a joke among the real neuroscientists, who see it as a PR game capitolizing on flashy demos and doing things that are not at all new ideas, its just a technical advance that we knew would be coming eventually anyway.

Neuralink is also kind of a joke among the real neuroscientists, who see it as a PR game capitolizing on flashy demos and doing things that are not at all new ideas, its just a technical advance that we knew would be coming eventually anyway.
Remember when Tesla was a joke to real car engineers / companies? Not completely the same though.

He isn't dumb, he didn't buy twitter to not make money. Banks wouldn't have loaned him 20B if they didn't think he was capable of giving them ROI.
Who the hell knows. Twitter has never been profitable, it has struggled to even have a consistent revenue stream. It will take a major change in the way it operates in order to actually make any money.
I think its more of a statment than investment. Musk is in the unique position of being able to take on this cost solely as a FU to the world.
He can get the $$ from banks bc he has enough cash on hand and value in all the other things he owns.

Back