Twitter

twit.png

I don’t think it is an exaggeration to say the loons lost a significant tool in helping elections go their way.

I personally hope Trump tweets again just for the lulz.

Who the hell knows. Twitter has never been profitable, it has struggled to even have a consistent revenue stream. It will take a major change in the way it operates in order to actually make any money.
I think its more of a statment than investment. Musk is in the unique position of being able to take on this cost solely as a FU to the world.
He can get the $$ from banks bc he has enough cash on hand and value in all the other things he owns.

What defines profitable for you?

Q4 it made 181M, not too bad, but Q3 it lost a lot more than that.

Maybe I'm a little crazy though, since the company I'm at now, has never turned a profit haha.

I just really like Musk. I think what he has done/is doing is much more impressive than Jeff Bezos. Musk to me, just has a passion for everything he puts his hands in and while I don't necessarily believe we were meant to colonize Mars, what he attempting to do with all of his companies is admirable.
As far as Twitter goes, I hope he allows it to become a platform for everyone without the fear of being canceled, but Musk being the "new face' of it won't change the fact that I don't have one.

Freedom of speech is one thing and I’m cool with it and hope it actually happens. The problem I have with twatter is the hypocrisy they exercise for who gets banned and who gets left alone in the name of preventing hate speech or whatever the cause of the week is. I hope Elon gets that figured out and doesn’t recreate the same problem just from a different belief standpoint.

You say that, then

Where I said

Are you begining to morph into ANOTHER one that likes to use big words and hear himself pontificate?:flipoff2:
My point is that's a case of not just buying an existing company and iterating on it.

Y'all posted 22 times since I added one comment this morning.

Who got played?
They don't know what you do around here.

I wouldn’t say Musk is Conservative, but he does want limited govt. and values freedom from what I have seen of him. His several Rogan interviews were eye opening.

I wouldn’t say Musk is Conservative, but he does want limited govt. and values freedom from what I have seen of him. His several Rogan interviews were eye opening.
I was going to say the same thing. I didn't think Musk was a conservative, but I know he doesn't like Biden. Biden held an EV summit and didn't invite Tesla. I think that really rubbed Musk the wrong way.

But like someone else has said, I hope he lets Trump back on twitter.

I was going to say the same thing. I didn't think Musk was a conservative, but I know he doesn't like Biden. Biden held an EV summit and didn't invite Tesla. I think that really rubbed Musk the wrong way.

But like someone else has said, I hope he lets Trump back on twitter.
I hope that if the sum of this whole situation is leading Trump back on Twitter we have failed as an overall concept to provide a fair vocal platform for humanity. There are so many other platforms on Twitter that should have been banned/deleted years ago over the knee-jerk reaction of a hurt feelings report that allowing Trump back on at this point should be the least of the priorities. But once again see my above post to the total hypocrisy of who has or has not been banned due to what they did or did not say.

Lets say he did get the TWAT......with his portfolio maybe he needs to file some losses. So what if it went belly up?

Back