Uwharrie Spring Run April 30 - May 2, 2010

Might say the hell with the farm and go to. Just depend on the jeep. Right now im tryin to find the cause of and stop a very bad death wobble. I cant really go over 45 so that would make for a long trip to URE. But we will see :popcorn:

It will when I hook a chain to you & drag you up.:lol:

Does this apply to my 86 Suburban as well?

anyone know how, or knows someone that knows how to sand blast or powder coat around Fayettenam?

http://www.finaltouchpowdercoating.com
I have seen some of their work and is top notch. I used to get a 10% discount when I was a member of Hope Mills cruisers. I do not have a classic vehicle anymore so I didnt renew. You could see if they will give SEC4X4 members the same discount. I am not even sure they do it fo the cruisers anymore.

I was hoping to have my winch by then but had to drop almost 3K in my towburb so that is out of the question. I plan on being there and will most likely take he easy trails in the am. I will hve the wife and kids with so I don't want o push it too much with them and no cage. I will hit the harder trails later that afternoon and evening/night.

http://www.finaltouchpowdercoating.com
I have seen some of their work and is top notch. I used to get a 10% discount when I was a member of Hope Mills cruisers. I do not have a classic vehicle anymore so I didnt renew. You could see if they will give SEC4X4 members the same discount. I am not even sure they do it fo the cruisers anymore.

I called those guys and they were OUTRAGEOUS in price...I found a buddy of mine that has a sandblaster so I'll let him do that part of it and have it powdercoated...hmmm I wonder if I should rhino line my brush guard instead of power coating it...I've also seen some of there stuff recently and they do extremely great work though....

Ole Nellie Belle is legal in 49 states to travel the roads but I prefer to camp on the trails.Those that are needing to do so,do we want to camp in the same area?

We'll be on Kodak for a while taking pics and I MIGHT brave up and try Daniel's BUT will my truck make that trail on 32's with just a 2" lift?

I did daniel on 235/75/15's open/open Zero lift in a stock 86 Trooper, good spotter / good line no problem :)

I did daniel on 235/75/15's open/open Zero lift in a stock 86 Trooper, good spotter / good line no problem :)
Pics or it never happened...lol...I do have to say though thats pretty impressive...:driver: you'd really have to know what you're doing and I'm still a rookie...BUT I would like to ride with someone if they are doing daniel so I can check it out!!

I'll post pic's when I get off work, I'll be doing daniel, I do it every trip or at least try to, if its wet then he's a totally different animal but the beginning of the year it'll be fine, as stated the FS fills in the ruts.

Oh I guess you can add me to the attendance list :huggy:

Ole Nellie Belle is legal in 49 states to travel the roads but I prefer to camp on the trails.Those that are needing to do so,do we want to camp in the same area?

Sup Jimmy, I'll camp on the trail with ya, I've never camped on the trail @ URE so I'm no help with where to do it, I say we pitch a tent with Jeff B. so his puppies can guard our stuff while we wheel :driver: that is he doesn't mind the company
:popcorn:

Sup Jimmy, I'll camp on the trail with ya, I've never camped on the trail @ URE so I'm no help with where to do it, I say we pitch a tent with Jeff B. so his puppies can guard our stuff while we wheel :driver: that is he doesn't mind the company
:popcorn:

ok

Pics or it never happened...lol...I do have to say though thats pretty impressive...:driver: you'd really have to know what you're doing and I'm still a rookie...BUT I would like to ride with someone if they are doing daniel so I can check it out!!

stocktrooperatthebottomnu0.jpg

stocktroopermakingituptzp8.jpg

stocktroopermakingituptml3.jpg

stocktroopermakingituptyx6.jpg

stocktroopermadeitupthecq9.jpg

ai550.photobucket.com_albums_ii405_ditchdoc_Hallowharrie_2008_Uwharrie1.jpg

ai550.photobucket.com_albums_ii405_ditchdoc_Hallowharrie_2008_Uwharrie.jpg

ai550.photobucket.com_albums_ii405_ditchdoc_Hallowharrie_2008_194.jpg

Man thats crazy my bro had a 1990 trooper back in the day and we rolled it like 5 times down a hill I couldnt imagine trying to go up daniel in a stocker!You must be friends with sgt. darlington with all those troopers lol!Cant wait to go camping guys!I might be bobbing the yota soon!

yeah man im going to try to plan on it!

1. Daniel & Family
2. Lrgrnr-depending on work
3. Ray Powell
4. Fireturk41 (maybe)
5. Jeff B. & Jules, Erin & Frida
6. Walter Hammond & GF
7. Jeff Higgins
8. John Crouse
9. Krookz & GF
10. 91toyotabogger (If i'm not working)
11. Walter Hammond & GF
12. Tim (tkob1060)
13. Wade178
14. Ben Curry
15. 95GranZJ + friends
16. Sinbad-Sidney from HCJ
17. Jimmy (ord.sgt.26NC) and ole Nellie Belle.
18.Aaron trusty..trc&p25, Jonathan snider...snider10
19. Jason Durant and Family (contigent on me finishing my ride by then)
20. Chris Irving (cltdba)
21. Harold Pressley (hlpressley)
22. Randall Shaffer...NCYota4x4 (as long as mine is done by then)
23. Wil Barringer (barringer1) gonna try and be out there in the xj
24. Brian Hawkins bh1075

and I guess im all for camping in the trails
makes more sense/easier

1. Daniel & Family
2. Lrgrnr-depending on work
3. Ray Powell
4. Fireturk41 (maybe)
5. Jeff B. & Jules, Erin & Frida
6. Walter Hammond & GF
7. Jeff Higgins
8. John Crouse
9. Krookz & GF
10. 91toyotabogger (If i'm not working)
11. Walter Hammond & GF
12. Tim (tkob1060)
13. Wade178
14. Ben Curry
15. 95GranZJ + friends
16. Sinbad-Sidney from HCJ
17. Jimmy (ord.sgt.26NC) and ole Nellie Belle.
18.Aaron trusty..trc&p25, Jonathan snider...snider10
19. Jason Durant and Family (contigent on me finishing my ride by then)
20. Chris Irving (cltdba)
21. Harold Pressley (hlpressley)
22. Randall Shaffer...NCYota4x4 (as long as mine is done by then)
23. Wil Barringer (barringer1) gonna try and be out there in the xj
24. Brian Hawkins bh1075
25. Peter & Family (streetdoc)

Im def interested in doing this ride but need to know some stuff first....
and if someone would PM me with answers that would be great...

1. What all is required to run at uhwarrie?
I have Super30/8.8 10"LAs 38s locked front/rear just curious what im up against
never been there

2. Is there camping spots available? or camp ground?

Thanks again and hope to meet some of you all soon

Im def interested in doing this ride but need to know some stuff first....
and if someone would PM me with answers that would be great...
1. What all is required to run at uhwarrie?
I have Super30/8.8 10"LAs 38s locked front/rear just curious what im up against
never been there
2. Is there camping spots available? or camp ground?
Thanks again and hope to meet some of you all soon

1. You will be fine...Mostly simple trail riding w/ some decent rock sections, most all w/ bypasses.

2. You can camp on the trail anywhere there is a "campsite" They are everywhere. Camping at campsites http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/index.htm.
Most use Arrowhead.
Apparently earlier in the thread one of the guys has a local place lined up as well.

Got my lift and tires done this weekend so I'm ready to get up there!! Cutting it close for me though, We're closing on our house April 29th and then leaving for Uwharrie that night!!

Ill try to get out there, last time I was at uwharrie was 3-4 years ago, never did daniel, would like to give it a try, will be driving my xj on 35s, welded rear, 4.56 gears pretty basic rig...

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n268_Fadunkasaurus_1997_20XJ_1997jeep008.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n268_Fadunkasaurus_1997_20XJ_1997jeep001.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n268_Fadunkasaurus_1997_20XJ_1997jeep002.jpg

last pic was while changing the dif fluid in the rear, but you can get an idea how the rear sits unlevel. Only had it a week, got a good deal so fixing the odds and ends.

Back