What have you done for your health today?

No pills for me. I hope the same for everyone else when a simple lifestyle change will accomplish more.
I was referring to your comment regarding no time like the present, make time for your health, etc.

My humor was lost on you I see.

I've done it all natural to this point. Ive stated since my first post in this thread..I would succeed be it natural or chemical aided, and I will. But natural as long as it works. When/If it stops...thats a new bridge.

My humor was lost on you I see.

I've done it all natural to this point. Ive stated since my first post in this thread..I would succeed be it natural or chemical aided, and I will. But natural as long as it works. When/If it stops...thats a new bridge.

That's the problem with typed out replies, can't judge what your buddy is trying to convey!
Proud of ya man. You're kicking some serious tail

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the elliptical, followed by 5 sets of upright rows using the EZ curl bar super set with 5 sets of leg press.

Today's workout was 6 sets of chin-ups, 5 sets of rows in the machine, 4 sets of straight arm pull downs, 4 sets of hammer curls, 4 sets of tricep pull downs, and 4 sets of bicep curls in the machine.

Screenshot_2019-04-06-15-40-50.png

30 min on the elliptical Sunday and 3 sets of some shoulder exercises. I don't know the names of stuff.o_O

The best note was having friends over Sat night, watching them drink my beer, and not drinking myself. It wasn't really that hard. I did, however, kill about 15 hot wings and a slice of pizza.

Pulled a muscle in my lower back on friday doing deadlifts. So the weekend was pretty much a wash but was able to move around and its getting better. I think I am going to start incorporating yoga into my weekly routine at least twice a week.

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week - 271.4
This week -270.4
Total loss: 47.8 lbs

I mentioned last week that I was skeptical of my weekly weight, so given that I still dropped a pound this week I take as a major positive.
Saw a good friend Saturday that I hadnt seen since December and he asked 'how much you lost?"...with no knowledge that Id been trying to lose. So that was a welcome boost. Especially because I cant see any difference in the mirror. A few pair of pants are fitting a tad different, but I dont see any weight loss. Even comparing current pics to pre diet pics I still see the same fat ass.

On the flip side...the diet is getting hard. Not because of boredom or lack of food variety or even self control, necessarily. Ive been having major cravings...Im hesitant to use the word hunger because well Im eating 2x a day...that doesnt constitute hunger. But Its definitely physical stomach stimulation to want to eat. Really struggling to understand this, as I lose excess fat logic dictates that my basal caloric requirement should be dropping, I.E. I should feel less "hunger" on the same intake. But that hasnt been the case.

Work is very stressful right now and the urge to self medicate with alcohol is also super high. Been avoiding that.This thread and the accountability it delivers is helping me...so thanks for everyone humoring me and reading along.

Work is very stressful right now and the urge to self medicate with alcohol is also super high. Been avoiding that.This thread and the accountability it delivers is helping me...so thanks for everyone humoring me and reading along.

I had to travel last week. Being out of town with limited transportation always equals drinking in the hotel room. Not this week! Also had to cut the landlord's grass for the first time this year and last summer my reward for finishing the 6 hour job was a few cold ones. That association was real, but with the personal progress I've been making I resisted the urges to run over to the 7/11 for a case.

I don't personally know you, but the updates you provide each week encourage me to stay the path for improving my health and be able to be around for my family for a long time to come. You aren't alone in this. Keep striving forward!

Today's workout was 6 sets of incline dumbbells, 5 sets of decline dumbbells, 5 sets of barbell OHP, and 4 sets of skull crushers with the EZ curl bar.

Less than 11 months ago I had my 3rd back surgery. Yesterday I completed my first Spartan race with 14 other men from F3. It was an incredible challenge, but was so much fun! I cannot wait to do it again. We had a great time, finished every obstacle together, helping those that needed it.

Then today I followed that up with a 4.5 mile run.

F3 Spartan.jpg

I did the GoRuck Tough on Saturday night/Sunday morning in Charlotte. Started at 10pm. Ends at 10am.

There was supposed to be 47 people there. 35 showed up. 2 of those dropped out by 3 am or so.

The cadre brought weight for 47 people to carry around.

So 35 (30-ish actual able bodied weight carriers) people carried about 2,500lbs or so about 15 miles through the night around Charlotte.

But don’t worry. There were two break times. One to bear crawl drag yourself and a partner through the puddled wet sand of the volley ball course from end to end. Twice. On your back. You can imagine where the sand ends up.
The next break was to do a deck of cards PT session as the sun came up. You can google that. I wish I would have...

It was fun.

Looking forward to the next one.

As soon as I can walk without a limp and raise my arms over my head...

Lost a few ounces by the help of a dog while pedaling around today. Had to get that sewn back up :(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 125
Hope the dog didn't suffer too long before it died

i walk almost daily now, because of the dogs but im going to have to do more to get my weight down any more. we eat fairly healthy and would eat better if me and my GF we not always so busy but that should settle down in the next few months. and we should be in a better set routine. at my absolute healthiest i was around 185-190, but to get there again i don't think i can physically have the time and still work full time and have a life. i went from that weight to around 260 once i moved into the office. im around 230 now and have been holding steady there. ideally if i could get to 200ish i would be happy.
Don't worry your buddies will find a new acronym for the reduction version of "#BTL"....... But seriously get it done! Runs in my family too!

Today's workout was 22 minutes on the incline treadmill followed by 5 sets of Bulgarian split squats with dumbbells.

Congrats! I looked for months for a used one but never found one cheaper than $100 or so cheaper than new. My wife got tired of my searching and recently bought me one for my birthday.

I'm in the same boat! Been scouring the marketplace on Facebook for months trying to find a deal on one.

Back