What have you done for your health today?

Not much exercise but more active than usual. It’s ball season.

Eating right and still counting calories. Unless it’s a fluke, I’ve lost 3 lbs. those carhartts that I swear have shrunk still feel shrunk. I ain’t buying anymore so I’ll keep this up.

Beer: well I like it. After a couple weeks without it I decided to shelf the high test for an extremely light watery beer. I’ll live.

Carry on...

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the incline treadmill followed by 4 sets of bulgarian split squats.

As of a few days ago, I'm down 30 lbs since 2 Jan. Not too bad for just not eating stuff.
I'm right there with you man, I started eating out of my lunch box instead of something fast food or sit down lunch. It's either a pink lady apple and peanutbutter which fills me slap up or bag tuna and crackers. From My heaviest at 265 around the first of the year, I clocked in at 237 monday. Also not traveling with work has helped me a ton. Being home and cooking every night, and not sitting my fat butt on a backhoe all day every day and being lazy in the hotel lol now I get home work in the shop for a bit, then cook. Lifes good

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No apples or crackers for me. I quit eating carbs and sugar.

This thread needs to go away. I've done nothing more than trying to heal from knee surgery, and have had my worst ever cold/bronchitis/flu I have ever had over the last month. I'm on my 4th set of steroids and antibiotics in 30 days. Y'all suck! ;~)

Screenshot_2019-04-02-22-22-35.png

I've been slacking a bit. Excuses, healing, etc. All BS admittedly.

But I can honestly say I am proud of all of you who have been and continue to make your lives better. You are all an inspiration to someone whether you know it or not.

Fluffed back up a bit from the weekend and not really caring what I ate/drank. Sitting at 209 this morning. Today's workout was fun.

0:00-5:00 minutes - 50 cals on the assault bike. Finished in 3:05
5:00-9:00 minutes - 800m run(half mile). Finished in 3:48
9:00-15:00 minutes - AMRAP of 7 power cleans and 21 doubleunders. Got 3 rounds plus 7
15:00-20:00 minutes-75' broad jump and 75' bear crawl.

Breathing hard and heavy after that one. The run was pretty bad as my best mile time is 7:25 but overall happy with the effort put in. Back to clean eating today.

Today's workout was 8 sets of flat barbell bench, 5 sets of incline dumbbells, 5 sets of flys on the machine, and 4 sets of push ups as a finisher.

This week life has hit me and my family hard my uncle had a heart attack Sunday night, had emergency surgery. They brought him back twice during surgery, he had a 100% blockage of a main artery. This is his second heart attack in 3 years. This makes a total of 5 heart attacks in two generations. Both my parents dads and my moms other brother died of heart attacks before they were 55.

I’ve gotta make a doctors appointment to get checked out and get to eating healthier and loose a little more weight. Other wise I’m over half way to dead now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This week life has hit me and my family hard my uncle had a heart attack Sunday night, had emergency surgery. They brought him back twice during surgery, he had a 100% blockage of a main artery. This is his second heart attack in 3 years. This makes a total of 5 heart attacks in two generations. Both my parents dads and my moms other brother died of heart attacks before they were 55.

I’ve gotta make a doctors appointment to get checked out and get to eating healthier and loose a little more weight. Other wise I’m over half way to dead now.

Good on you for recognizing it.

Start today. Go for a walk tonight and eat a healthy dinner. Make regular exercise and healthy eating new life long habits. Change your fate.

Start today. Go for a walk tonight and eat a healthy dinner. Make regular exercise and healthy eating new life long habits. Change your fate.
i walk almost daily now, because of the dogs but im going to have to do more to get my weight down any more. we eat fairly healthy and would eat better if me and my GF we not always so busy but that should settle down in the next few months. and we should be in a better set routine. at my absolute healthiest i was around 185-190, but to get there again i don't think i can physically have the time and still work full time and have a life. i went from that weight to around 260 once i moved into the office. im around 230 now and have been holding steady there. ideally if i could get to 200ish i would be happy.

I've been slacking a bit. Excuses, healing, etc. All BS admittedly.

But I can honestly say I am proud of all of you who have been and continue to make your lives better. You are all an inspiration to someone whether you know it or not.

You're not the only one. In and out of town almost every other week, no routine, all excuses. Only so much time in the day though and workouts have dropped on the priority list.

i walk almost daily now, because of the dogs but im going to have to do more to get my weight down any more. we eat fairly healthy and would eat better if me and my GF we not always so busy but that should settle down in the next few months. and we should be in a better set routine. at my absolute healthiest i was around 185-190, but to get there again i don't think i can physically have the time and still work full time and have a life. i went from that weight to around 260 once i moved into the office. im around 230 now and have been holding steady there. ideally if i could get to 200ish i would be happy.
Tough love here... how will you find time to live right when you are dead?

Nothing is more important than your health including job, friends...nothing . (Lone exception health of kids)

Make time.

Walk your dogs up and down my road a few times a day like we do. Holy crap does that kick our butts

Tough love here... how will you find time to live right when you are dead?

Nothing is more important than your health including job, friends...nothing . (Lone exception health of kids)

Make time.

I’m making time to get in better shape. To get back down to 185 would take 5-6 hrs a day in the gym and at least 20 miles a day on a road bike.

That’s what I was doing daily to get to 185 and stay at it.

I can manage a couple hrs a day but not that right now

<shrug> @Ron lost almost 50# in 3 months. Where's that put you, July 4th week?

I’m making time to get in better shape. To get back down to 185 would take 5-6 hrs a day in the gym and at least 20 miles a day on a road bike.

That’s what I was doing daily to get to 185 and stay at it.

I can manage a couple hrs a day but not that right now

Just keep after it. The prize is worth the pain.
Or DNP....if you find a legit source let me know Im in also

You got a DNP source?
Asking for a friend

You got a DNP source?
Asking for a friend

No pills for me. I hope the same for everyone else when a simple lifestyle change will accomplish more.
I was referring to your comment regarding no time like the present, make time for your health, etc.

Last edited:
Same ole, same ole...

Still eating better and counting cals. Driving too much to exercise (excuse). Still managed to drop a couple more lbs. might be a fluke. We’ll see. Looks like a lot of progress being made here.

You can definitely do it. Started the year at 225 and weighed in at 195.4 this morning. I can only squeeze in working out 3X a week at an hour or less each but everything helps. Good luck!

Back