What have you done for your health today?

40 minute walk through the hood followed by 5 sets of squats.

New equipment for the home gym arrived today :rockon:
Workouts have been sporadic the past 1-2 weeks & I can definitely feel my pissiness bubbling up. I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine & lifting heavy shit.

View attachment 320644

I bet the UPS guy hates you!

Was at the coast with family-in-law....managed to drink and eat an unhealthy amount while still fasting past lunch and running 4 miles everyday. Even managed to get the wife to do one of those sidewalk based workout parks they have.....pull-up bars and the like!

@jeepin' jen LUCKY! where did you find them? I'm in need of a new bar...

Rae Crowther Co. in Rock Hill - they were great to work with! Not sure how much they have in stock after @Mulishajoe went yesterday :lol:. Plates shipped from their PA warehouse on 6/19 & were ready for pickup on 6/23 so we saved quite a bit on shipping.

I got his bar from Vulcan - they're currently updating inventory but site should be available this afternoon.

jogged a mile. I haven't done a damn thing through all this quarantine crap except for riding bikes and running around with the kiddos and even that is making me feel old. I'm kinda surprised I could jog a mile, lol. Might throw around some little dumbells later so i hurt tomorrrow.

I haven't been on this thread in a while. I see y'all are still killin' it!

Last edited:
Chest day!
- 8 sets of dumbbell flat bench in a pyramid with strict 90 second breaks between sets
- 5 sets of dumbbell high incline bench with strict 90 second breaks between sets
- 4 sets of leg lifts

Went for a 40 minute ride through the hood this morning

Back day!
- 6 sets of pull-ups
- 6 sets of rows
- 4 sets of leg lifts

Still doing my thang
81101.jpeg

I might have survived the little loop to the left. That’s a good bit of elevation gain!
That loop on the left is Cedar and Big Rock that I mentioned to you when you were visiting.
Was a fun loop. One of my wife's friends brought her BMX racing nephew and asked me to give him the tour. That we did!

That loop on the left is Cedar and Big Rock that I mentioned to you when you were visiting.
Was a fun loop. One of my wife's friends brought her BMX racing nephew and asked me to give him the tour. That we did!

The view at the top is pretty great
IMG_20200628_113946780_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200628_114245659_HDR.jpg

Strength- 2 reps of overhead squat, build to a heavyweight. I hit 205 for a double which I was happy with. My all time max was 225 for 1 but that was before I tore my bicep a few months ago, so I was happy with the result. Our workout was a 12m EMOM of: double unders, hang power snatch, pullups, calorie row, lunges with a plate, and burpees. It was a good one.

Pooped.

My squating in my VERY limited garage gym currently consists of five 10 lb plates in my hiking backpack, and holding two 25 lb plates against my chest and doing sets of 20+ reps, LOL. Gotta work with whatcha got.

My squating in my VERY limited garage gym currently consists of five 10 lb plates in my hiking backpack, and holding two 25 lb plates against my chest and doing sets of 20+ reps, LOL. Gotta work with whatcha got.

Apparently, as long as it's below parallel. :lol:

And Rip entertains the heck out of me. His podcast is great.

Shoulder day!
- 6 sets of side raises
- 6 sets of rear delt raises
- 6 sets of dumbbell OHP
- 4 sets of leg lifts

Our garage gym picked up a rower from a good friend that works out with us. Monday was his last day working out with us as he is being deployed. So yesterday's workout was 3x3 at 75%,85%,95% of strict press and then followed by max effort 125m row x 4. There were 3 of us, so we took turns resting in the plank position. My split times were 21.4, 20.7, 21.2, 21.6. Slightly pissed at the last time as I came off the seat with about 30m left in the row and that messed me up.

Today's workout will be deadlift 3x3 at 75%,85%,95%. Followed up by. For Time: 400m run, 30 double unders, 20 air squats, 10 pushups, 300m run, 30 double unders, 20 air squats, 10 pushups, 200m run, 30 double unders, 20 air squats, 10 pushups, 100m run, 30 double unders, 20 air squats, 10 pushups. Should be fun.

Went for a 40 minute bike ride through the hood this morning.

Back