What have you done for your health today?

PRed my deadlift twice yesterday! My old best was 365. Yesterday I hit 370 and then 380 within a minute of each other. And there was definitely more in the tank. 400 is coming soon.Thats a 20lb PR jump in about a months time.

Yesterdays workout was 3 x 5m AMRAP with 3m rest in between. 1. 5 Toes to bar, 5 box jumps, 5 kettlebell swings. 2. 250m row, 10 burpees over the rower. 3. 200m run, 5 100lb Dball over the shoulder.

It was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed it a lot.

Todays strength will be benchpress 1x5 at 75%, 1x3 at 85%, 1x1 at 95%. Still don't know what the actual workout is but it should be fun.

Today was chest and tris.
My partner called out on me and I dont like flat benching without a spotter so...
3x 12 on bench "machine"
3x 12 on fly machine
3x15 on cable flys
4x15 on incline bench (10 quarter reps off chest followed by 15 full ROM reps)

Then

3x12 on skull crushers
1x AMRAP skull crushers
3x10 overhead tri extension
3x15 overhead rope cable extension
3x10 per side cable rope axe sims
3x20 "v bar" tri pushdowns
2xAMRAP (not many at this point) straight bar pushdowns

Today was chest and tris.
My partner called out on me and I dont like flat benching without a spotter so...

You haven't lived until you've rolled 225 down your body and lowered it off, LOL.

You haven't lived until you've rolled 225 down your body and lowered it off, LOL.
I truly laughed out loud at this, except it was 135 for me :(

I truly laughed out loud at this, except it was 135 for me :(

Several years ago, the first time I benched that weight, I was in our company gym, and got it for 1 rep. Several days later I got it for 2 reps. Several days after that I'm in the gym before work with hardly anybody around, and I think I am good, I don't need a spotter, I've got this. I figure I am going to get at least 2 reps, maybe 3 this time. Nope, didn't even get one, LOL!

Its why IF I bench alone, I never collar the plates.
Ive done it sideways as well. The second side is violent

Bad ass ride today. From the Lowe's in Brevard up to the Pink Beds/ Cradle of Forestry. All on trail.
View attachment 321412
Back in my early 20’s I tore up the trails on my mountain bike anywhere I could and got into racing in the early to mid 90’s. Good military buddy got me into it while stationed in Virginia Beach. We would ride 6 days a week up and down the coast during the week and a trip towards the mountains on days off. We were in very good condition and would ride for hours without stopping on the coast. So we decided to take a trip to my home place in Cruso NC and headed up hwy 276 to the Blue ridge parkway then over to hwy 215 and down thru sunburst and lake Logan and back to the house. I can’t remember the exact mileage of the trip but the elevation gain and the altitude almost killed us since we were conditioned for sea level. I hope to get to the point to where I can get back out there in the woods on a bike again.

I figure I am going to get at least 2 reps, maybe 3 this time. Nope, didn't even get one, LOL!

That was something that always blew me away when I was in to heavy/Olympic lifting. How much impact being sound physiologically and psychologically, as well as taking care of your body with food/sleep. My preferred lift was ALWAYS squats (and dead lifts)...you could tell when guys partied a little too hard. 3 reps of 675 one week, following Monday they struggle with one rep of 495.

Back day!
- 5 sets of wide grip pull-ups
- 5 sets of chin-ups
- 6 sets of bent over dumbbell rows

I started the year at 188 lbs. I weighed 209.4 lbs this morning. I'm going to continue with the slow bulk a little longer. I have two bulking rules for knowing when to stop and to begun cutting. 1) Pecs no longer stick out farther than the belly 2) Abs begin to get blurry

Proof that you don't need a big gym to stay in shape, and I am an old man with low T, LOL.

Mirror 1 crop.jpg
Mirror 3 crop.jpg

I took a 40 minute bike ride through the hood this morning.

Hit a heavy 330 for 2 on back squats yesterday. My max is 345 so I’m definitely getting stronger. Deload week is next week and then max out week. Excited to see some higher numbers

Hung 2 2x10s 15ft in some trees so we can do rope climbs and ring muscleups. Only had 1 ladder and a climbing stand. Took about 5 hours and was exhausted at the end of it. Already hit 2 muscleups(after not doing them for 6 months) and a rope climb to christen the new addition. Super stable and solid even with two people hanging on the rope.

MC-JrzTm6Rq_ZtqiHZ6Qu6ntGiK_zr11nKe_5qSJumRswm3hTK5Fv4RPYNN9orhFWMwovHVb7WH4VzxrMx0bhinuIMn6_Nk9eDQp-mnPLcoQQpn0BnCQh3iw2k-79eHhKnIHQi2nqg4BnTZflIsLbKGCoaEEz69yD1D4Qx1o_SKPJQw7Z9_AYpNz7uJGdBLGU4amWbsveExbPLLQK--pMKhh9XHEEw1uJMjDUK6S820shwqHsYexnsKvilTjWs9GRH2xaMQk2WgLgJ9rfbYDXGFws1hBgejxMVeHcY3cRGkedRS3YH33UySDkvnG2pBq74FdvdFWrbE9KwTOYXK0G4BRyYCLYcr9HN45CieEmpiBIaIW28R9ghig_KAK9g1-WvPJww5amuf6OmPeNi4iDQU7wJ_0u48FUgg75a4g0trSzn2ujwffYco-XG_8p_jWxJ4joVuOU_ZYyCj_zqsdt71Xp5Gf0SEhVjTj4e_XSyYxtOE_kbh-qzdBABih3QMM8PlffBZjNVuvAfssU5-YZAveDccwMzmb55aGm9NavKU_AeuJ5PTNwY_aY0tviAcYTA98zIBmWdNzrIhTkOKmoiciu-q-b81FbC8-BT7P9_cD6JGArjxGgn9Cx4AVy6Q2s8P8dc9kQ6o-HF19_01zmrlbwt1WAkyVPWU6BzMnM__L98iabXMcdN6VTDACe0k=w1250-h937-no

Shoulders Day!
- 5 sets of seated dumbbell OHP
- 5 sets of rear delts
- 5 sets of side raises
- 5 sets of front raises across the torso

- 40 minute walk through the hood
- 4 sets of walking lunges

What do you do here for rear delts.
I cant find anything to hit that area

A picture might be better, but here is what I do. This is going to sound odd and funny. I take one of my saw horses in my garage, and lay a folded up towel along the top of it. I then lay my torso on that lengthwise, while moving the dumbbells from a full hanging position until my arms are parallel with the floor. I pause at the top for a second with no swinging at all. I try to do it so I feel the muscle working the whole time. I move the dumbbells slowly and use light weight. From my experience in the gym, this is the kind of exercise where many people pick up a dumbbell that is way too heavy for this particular exercise, and therefore end up swinging the weight instead of 'lifting' it using the muscles on the back of the shoulder. Laying on the saw horse eliminates any possible 'help' of lifting/raising the weight from movement of the upper body. I feel like it completely isolates the muscles around the back side of the shoulder.

overdoing the dumbells it seems, but have backed off on weight some to get my lazy arse used to it again. Going good. I'm not 30 anymo!

I used to hit rear delts with a cable like this when I worked out in my company gym. I don't have a cable machine in my garage though, LOL. Maybe some day. I think this exercise is better than using the dumbbells like I am doing.

Arms this morning
- 5 sets of close grip bench (simulated by pushing two dumbbells together)
- 5 sets of chin-ups
- 5 sets of french press
- 5 sets of hammer curls

This week is deload week so its a nice change of pace. Yesterday we did a 800m partner carry of a 100lb dball. That was fun and really lit up the lower back and glutes. Our little garage gym community is growing, we have added two more people to the group that come 2-3 days a week. The only bad thing about it is figuring out what to program for the workout with limited equipment.

Back