What have you done for your health today?

Friday I lead a group ride for Cognative MTB clothing company. I took 18 first timers on a pretty solid trail route they had never done before. It was all at DuPont.
Today I continued training for the Swank 65 Pisgah race in November. My only real weakness is steep gravel climbs, so I spend most of the ride working on them.
In other news, I've been going low carb/almost Keto for about a week. Curious to see what changes I experience.
Cliff's: still kicking ass over here.
This is the group ride.
85201.jpeg

Today's climbing training ride.
85198.jpeg

Broke in the new rower with a 5000m row. It sucked.
Still plugging away with regular workouts but my nutrition has been absolute crap so I caught the quarantine-15. Hoping I can reign it back in before I have to start wearing my dress pants to work :shaking:

@Jody Treadway keep us posted on the results of the low carb, it's something I've been considering but potatoes are life.
PicsArt_08-16-08.16.28.jpg

Broke in the new rower with a 5000m row. It sucked.
Still plugging away with regular workouts but my nutrition has been absolute crap so I caught the quarantine-15. Hoping I can reign it back in before I have to start wearing my dress pants to work :shaking:

@Jody Treadway keep us posted on the results of the low carb, it's something I've been considering but potatoes are life.
View attachment 324034

Roasted beets are the JAM!
I'm married to a real deal Italian. Carbs are her weakness but some properly prepared beets and zucchini boats made her a believer!

They didn't slow her down at all today
Screenshot_20200816-212147.png

Also, cauliflower.

The blog Peace, Love, and Low Carb has some great recipes and lots of carb substitutes.

My wife likes the caulifower rice stuff. She eats a fairly low carb diet. I've eaten it too. It tastes good.

I haven't been posting for a short while. I was rear-ended in my van about 1.5 weeks ago. My neck was stiff for about 2-3 days, but I never missed a workout. I was worried it might get worse and posting about working out in the gen-chit-chat wouldn't be good if I needed help. My neck seems fine though.

This morning's workout:
- 8 sets of pull-ups
- 8 sets of rows

My wife likes the caulifower rice stuff. She eats a fairly low carb diet. I've eaten it too. It tastes good.

Spaghetti squash is also pretty yummy, especially tossed with butter, steamed veggies (or fresh chopped tomatoes), and parmesan cheese.

We just bought another set of 45s and 35s from Epimoni Weightlifting.

Pound Plates — Epimoni Weightlifting

Located in Harrisburg and they offer instore pickup. I'm picking up ours today.

Any thoughts on where to get standard metal Olympic plates? I'm going to build a power rack with high and low cables. I can find barbells, but plates are either stupid expensive or out of stock.

All I have to say is @Jody Treadway everytime I see your rides (strava and here) I get so jealous of all the awesome trails you have close by.
Raleigh is great, but western NC living is calling.... eventually

I'm dead serious... anytime you wanna come up and ride, I'll be happy to show you around. I live 5 minutes from Dupont and 10 from Pisgah. There's some great trails right here!

@drkelly no clue on metal olympic plates. I do have a mix of metal and bumper and will be wanting to sell the metal ones to switch over to bumpers. I have 1 set of 45s, 1 set of 35s, 1 set of 25s, 2 sets of 10s

@drkelly no clue on metal olympic plates. I do have a mix of metal and bumper and will be wanting to sell the metal ones to switch over to bumpers. I have 1 set of 45s, 1 set of 35s, 1 set of 25s, 2 sets of 10s

IM me when you get ready to sell them.

Thank,
Danny

I forgot to log yesterday's workout. My son couldn't decide between biking or walking, so we did both. We biked for 25 minutes, then walked for 25 minutes.

Edit: I forgot that I also did 6 sets of low incline dumbbell press at lunch time

Last edited:
Today's workout was shoulders:

- 5 sets of side raises
- 5 sets of rear delts (laying on my side on a bench)
- 5 sets of front raises
- 5 sets of seated dumbbell OHP
- 5 sets of rear flys
- 5 sets of leg lifts

My little buddy wanted to sleep in today, so I was on my own. I went for a 40 minute bike ride.

Arm day:
- 5 sets of close grip dumbbell incline bench
- 5 sets of pull-ups
- 5 sets of dumbbell french press
- 5 sets of hammer curls
- 5 sets of dumbbell skull crushers
- 5 sets of supinated dumbbell curls

I guess it was the humidity, but I was soaked and felt completely spent after that workout.

Back