What have you done for your health today?

Arm blaster:
- 5 sets of chin-ups
- 5 sets of close grip bench
- 5 sets of pronated curls
- 5 sets of french press
- 5 sets of curls palms forward
- 5 sets of tricep kick backs

My F3 location recently added a Monday morning kettlebell workout to our lineup. I led it today. Most of us don’t have a kettlebell, and apparently now that toilet paper is available again, all the kettlebells are out of stock. So most of us just use a concrete block. The workout went like this:

12 reps of each:

Upright row

Sit-up with block press

Kettlebell swings

Bent over row

LBCs with block

Kettlebell swings

Incline row

RBCs with block

Kettlebell swings

Triceps extensions

Curls

Kettlebell swings

Thrusters

Farmers carry

Repeato for a total of 3 rounds.

then we did several minutes of core exercises without the weights.

Went to the battle of the goats hard enduro this weekend at Brushy mountain.
7.7 miles of hiking on saturday basically straight up the mountain and down (3x)
3.9 miles of hiking on Sunday also pretty straight up and down

Add to that pulling some bikes to get them out from being unstuck.

Pics do not do it justice of how steep it is walk this stuff, let alone hike up it.

upload_2020-8-3_16-38-56.png

upload_2020-8-3_16-38-34.png

upload_2020-8-3_16-38-11.png

Screenshot_20200803-200103_Strava.jpg

Went to the battle of the goats hard enduro this weekend at Brushy mountain.
7.7 miles of hiking on saturday basically straight up the mountain and down (3x)
3.9 miles of hiking on Sunday also pretty straight up and down

Add to that pulling some bikes to get them out from being unstuck.

Pics do not do it justice of how steep it is walk this stuff, let alone hike up it.

View attachment 323149

View attachment 323148

View attachment 323147
I wish I knew this was going on. I rode that area for years, almost as much before the park ever existed. We crossed that area to the water fall on hwy 18 numerous times in trucks and on 2 wheels. Always started from Russel Gap and crossing Onion knob. Russel Gap is over by what most locals call the Sawmill and above that Hang Gliding Rock. Got stuck on that stupid face trying to free climb it in high school. Finally nutted up after a good bit to get climbing back to safety.

Big fun. The old Wilksboro motocross track could be reached from their if you knew the route.

For the thread....I ate some fruit.
1596515638463-1502687548.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I knew this was going on. I rode that area for years, almost as much before the park ever existed. We crossed that area to the water fall on hwy 18 numerous times in trucks and on 2 wheels. Always started from Russel Gap and crossing Onion knob. Russel Gap is over by what most locals call the Sawmill and above that Hang Gliding Rock. Got stuck on that stupid face trying to free climb it in high school. Finally nutted up after a good bit to get climbing back to safety.

Big fun. The old Wilksboro motocross track could be reached from their if you knew the route.

For the thread....I ate some fruit.
View attachment 323171

That’s awesome. The race brings a good amount of big names. It’s early august every year now.

Damn, I feel like a lazy ass....I haven't done squat. But I did step on the scale yesterday. This god damned china plague keeps me out of crap food from restaurants, and I don't buy junk from the store. I was starting to gain some there for a little while over the winter (don't we all?), but I'm officially down 18 pounds since mid-March. My scrawny ass tipped the scale at 149 last night after the shower. Any lower and I might have to call the doc. Or eat a stick of butter. haha….
Went back to see when I posted this.... a month(ish) later and I'm 144 (after dinner and shower). Wife just called me scrawny yesterday. I mean damn. lol. That kinda hurt lol. I used to weigh 180 when Uncle Sam owned my ass. Time to join the @drkelly boot camp!

Went for a 40 minute bike ride this morning.

I managed to hit 30 mph past the speed radar in its new location. The long run up to it helped more than I expected even though it is a very shallow grade. My old man 'Comfort Bike' feels like it starts to get a little unstable at that speed though, LOL.

Today was cardio day for me.

Cardiologist review, echocardiogram, EKG. Get to go back next week for a stress test, which they say will take 3 to 4 hours.

So far, nothing wrong that I didn't already know about. I got a dead short in the electrics, but they say something else will kill me first. That's always reassuring to hear.

Today was shoulders day. Push Press of 3x3 at 65%, 75%, 85%. Then followed by a 12m AMRAP of 24 doubleunders, 8 dumbbell thrusters(50lb), 4 pullups and 4 dips. I made it through 6 full rounds plus 26 reps. Fun one.

Tomorrow is deadlift and I'm really looking forward to pulling some heavy weight.

I woke up feeling both tired and weak this morning. I didn't feel like doing anything, but I've been down that road before and I know what happens.

- 7 sets of incline dumbbell press
- 7 sets of flat dumbbell press
- 5 sets of leg lifts

Pulled 345 for a triple today without a belt. Felt really good. Workout was 3 rounds for time. 15 hang power cleans @ 95lbs, 10 toes to bar, 5 100lb Dball squats, 200m run. Finished around 8mins or so.

Went for an hour walk this morning. I had company for the first time. My 9 yr old son got up early and went with me.

I havent worked out all week.
Ive been battling dizziness all week. Everytime I stand or exert much energy I have major vertigo.
No working out and diets been crap. This will be good for me Im sure

Signed up for the Swank 65 mountain bike race in November. 35 miles of Pisgah trails.
Went for a ride after a crappy day (week) at work. It's a simple loop with good climbing. But I do it no drop, no stop. Just simply ride it all without putting feet down.
I used to ride the segment in the second pic in like 32 minutes. Feels good to see substantial improvement.
84336.jpeg
Screenshot_20200806-190858.png

Signed up for the Swank 65 mountain bike race in November. 35 miles of Pisgah trails.
Went for a ride after a crappy day (week) at work. It's a simple loop with good climbing. But I do it no drop, no stop. Just simply ride it all without putting feet down.
I used to ride the segment in the second pic in like 32 minutes. Feels good to see substantial improvement.View attachment 323337 View attachment 323338
Wow, looks like you were faster than a girl! Good job!

Been looking at my phone which thinks it tracks my steps....ok it says it does. On most days I get 9k steps in. One memorable bad day for broke stuff a week or so ago I got 21k.

Today I got just over 5.25 miles and carried my phone a fraction of my 13 hr. Shift. It got treated to the toolbox, work table, and dropped under some conveyors and equipment for a while.

Do y'all think these trackers are credible?

Back