What have you done for your health today?

Completed 75hard yesterday! Now, I have to decide if I'm going to proceed with phase 1 of the program 🥴

I ended up loving the program & structure it provided. Plus, I dropped a total of 12.8lbs & created lots of healthy habits along the way. The progress pics are a little embarrassing (thanks quarantine-15 🙄) but I'm posting anyway.
That's awesome!

Wait until you see my Big Chungus progress pictures (Once I make more progress that is.) But awesome job!

So, my first week of 'Spending Lots On A Famous Trainer' is over.

I dropped 6.3lbs. First four days, I was exhausted more than sore. Although I was pretty freaking sore too. Mainly the sudden cut from 2-3 Monsters, 1-3 cups of coffee, and 2-4 diet drinks a day down to a gallon of water kicked me in the butt.

Now, mentally, physically, I feel pretty good. But I'm also on my second 'non training day', so I've had a chance to recover before starting a new week. But I feel mentally much clearer and more energized then I did on all that garbage caffeine and sugar.

That's awesome!

Wait until you see my Big Chungus progress pictures (Once I make more progress that is.) But awesome job!

So, my first week of 'Spending Lots On A Famous Trainer' is over.

I dropped 6.3lbs. First four days, I was exhausted more than sore. Although I was pretty freaking sore too. Mainly the sudden cut from 2-3 Monsters, 1-3 cups of coffee, and 2-4 diet drinks a day down to a gallon of water kicked me in the butt.

Now, mentally, physically, I feel pretty good. But I'm also on my second 'non training day', so I've had a chance to recover before starting a new week. But I feel mentally much clearer and more energized then I did on all that garbage caffeine and sugar.
It's really amazing how much better you feel without all the crap in your diet! I decided to take a couple days off to recover & plan to jump back in on 9/1. We'll see if I can get @Mulishajoe to get his grumpy ass out of bed to join me.
Here's to progress! :beer:

I'm still doing the same routine that I have been doing since COVID sent me home from work 1.5 yrs ago, which is pretty much the same thing that I have been doing for the past 8 years. I'm alternating biking, walking and lifting weights every day. Some days I will do a bit of both. Currently 204 lbs.

I've always had good/low cholesterol, but this year at my annual health check it was 100. Typically it is around 115-120. I've been exercising more over the past 1.5 yrs that I have been working from home, since I have more time, so I am wondering if that is the reason. My diet hasn't really changed in many years.

Resting heart rate has been running about 54 on average.

I did a back workout this morning. 4 sets of pull-ups, 4 sets of chin-ups, and 5 sets of dumbbell bent over rows.

Made pre-baby weight, only two weeks past her 40-week b-day. :lol:

Eliminated as much 'added sugar' as I could after returning from our trip to New England and feel great. Had a fun dinner and a few beers on Saturday and felt the bloat on Sunday, but recovered and learned another thing or two. :rolleyes:

Listening to Mark Sisson on JRE talking about metabolic flexibility...

Ordered Benfotiamine and Nattokinase to add to my regimen.

Back to only water and an occasional sugar free Sprite.

Stopped my Mobic for arthritis, been on that NSAID too long.

Still working out daily. Started running at least a mile + with a weight vest after the workout. I've continually improved my lifts over the last few months and should be hitting some notable PR's soon. Still need to clean up the diet just a bit. Also beer/alcohol. I can go weeks without having one but if I have one, it usually leads to two, three etc etc.

Any help on "controlling" the amount?

Still at it here. Just a slacker about posting.
Rode 117 miles of singletrack last month, even with 2 weekends away and recovering from my shoulder injury.
All in all, not too bad.
Already had 3 great rides this month. Yesterday I had 2. First was 2400' of elevation in 4.9 miles. Definitely a tough one.
Still leading multiple group rides a week too. That helps.
Hope y'all are staying committed!
Screenshot_20210907-202748.png
FB_IMG_1631046437010.jpg
IMG_20210906_212629.jpg
IMG_20210906_212634.jpg

Still working out daily. Started running at least a mile + with a weight vest after the workout. I've continually improved my lifts over the last few months and should be hitting some notable PR's soon. Still need to clean up the diet just a bit. Also beer/alcohol. I can go weeks without having one but if I have one, it usually leads to two, three etc etc.

Any help on "controlling" the amount?
When I got into my early 30's I got tired of wasting the next day feeling sick. I would frequently over do it, and not be able to function the next day. I decided to make a rule of 3 drinks max. That was the number I found that I could have, but still wake up early and feel good. I successfully followed that rule for probably 5-8 yrs. Then about 5-8 yrs ago my wife decided to quit drinking for her health (Type 1 diabetic), so I quit with her for support. The first three months sucked, but now I have zero cravings.

My morning protein shake every day. 2 eggs, 8 ounces of egg whites, and 8-10 ounces of milk. Shaken, not stirred.
PXL_20210910_113152786.jpg

Went and picked up a new pair of running shoes....

Been running at least a mile after the WOD for the last two weeks, either with a 20lb vest or not. Friday, I went and ran 2.15 miles(no vest). About a mile and half in, my toes went to sleep. Hopefully, the new shoes take care of this.

So... just finished week 4 of my program.

Let's compare starting to now.

wp-16301418724965105621914231070517.jpg
wp-16320970002304239533489768680682.jpg

Down 14.9lbs. Down 2.8% body fat. Dropped a lb in muscle mass, which is disappointing. (NOOO! Not my gains!) Subcontaneous and Visceral Fat are both down as well, while Body Water, Skeletal Muscle, and Protein have improved. I don't know how exact a magical bluetooth scale is at giving me this info, so I take most of it with a grain of salt. I really just watch the Weight.

Probably could have done better. This 4th week has been a real doozy and I missed a couple workouts, some meals, and didn't finish my water several days. By far this week has been the suck for keeping on track. But I'm looking forward to week 5, I've got my meals prepped, my water jug topped off, and my alarm set for 4:30am. Let's goooooooo!

Went to a charity event for special Olympics on Saturday up at Crossfit Catwaba Valley. Team of 10, row a marathon(42,000 meters). We did splits of 500. Roughly 9EA 500m rows. I kept an average pace of 1:42 for all my rows. Average pace of the group was 2:03. Finished in 2 hours 54 minutes.

I think they raised around 15k and there was a few hundred people in the gym. Had a band all day and cold beer afterwards.

Would definitely do it again next year.

Finished Phase 1 of 75Hard yesterday and man did that suck ass! (Thank goodness it was only 30 days). Lost 3.6lbs during the past 30 days - not earth shattering results but manageable & maintainable (total lost since 6/14 is 16.4lbs).

I'm excited to take a break & eat some pizza! I'll continue with my workouts, water, & focusing on whole foods until I'm ready for Phase 2.

RNFetchBlobTmp_3vryqu80a9lpf1p7r5qyz7.png
20211001_133802.jpg

Back