What have you done for your health today?

2 rides today.
Got a big one planned tomorrow too.
95592.jpeg
95587.jpeg

Two words.
Bour bon

Still deadlifting every weekday for the month. Last Friday was 5@70%,4@75%, 3@80, 2@85, and then as many as you can at 90%.

325 for 10. Think I blacked out somewhere around rep 7 and just kept pulling :lol:. Training max went up 20lbs because of that so my new training number is at 380(overall max is 410).

Back is feeling great and I have a feeling my squat total will go up as well.

We have also started incorporating a lot of strict pullups into our workouts. They are paying off huge. Last night's workout was 3 rounds: 5 thrusters @ 115, 10 burpees over the bar, 15 pullups, 200m run. Went unbroken on everything including pullups which would have been a huge stretch 2 months ago. They were the easiest part.

Went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday morning. Finally found out why my back was hurting constantly. Apparently I have spinal facet arthritis.. yay for me. I got three cortisone shots and a steroid pack...which has my stomach hurting pretty bad for some reason. Out of the frying pan and in to the fire. I think the plan is physical therapy and chiropractor. I feel like this is a rough way to start my 30s.

Had a good one today. Front squats at 5@65%, 3@75%, 1@85%, 1@90%(205, 235, 265, 285) Felt really good, didn't need to use a belt.

Try this workout if you have a rower at home...

4 Rounds: 250m row, 10 overhead walking lunge with 45lb plate, 10 floor press(135), 10 kbs. Sell out on the row(guys around 1:35 pace, ladies around 1:45-50 pace. 30 mins later I'm still feeling it.

I’ve challenged my F3 brothers to complete this in the month of January, I call it the Fives Challenge:
5555 pushups
5555 crunches
55 miles of running or rucking

feel free to join in!

Not sure if it’s good or bad for my health yet, but me, my son, and my brother built a 18” mini kicker ramp today. Got a good little work out trying it out. View attachment 334623
To quote myself from like 15 years ago, referring to the first Uwharrie race...
"Were all gonna die! (But at least it'll be fun!)"

To quote myself from like 15 years ago, referring to the first Uwharrie race...
"Were all gonna die! (But at least it'll be fun!)"
Im considering doing my first mtb race at uwharrie in February. I have no plan to be competitive but want to see if I can finish it. We rode super-tree and keyauwee counter clockwise wise today. Was little muddy and I had a nasty crash coming off a jump but I survived and had a great time doing it. That mini kicker may have gave me little to much confidence little to soon.

I’ve challenged my F3 brothers to complete this in the month of January, I call it the Fives Challenge:
5555 pushups
5555 crunches
55 miles of running or rucking

feel free to join in!
I am pleased with my progress on this challenge as of Jan 8:
1850 pushups
1850 crunches
15 miles

Tomorrow should be a good day for miles as I’m running in a 2 hour charity event.

I'm trying to get rid of what I'm guessing is tendinitis in my shoulder. After a workout a couple weeks ago I started getting sharp pain at the front of the shoulder (can't move arm kind of pain) that shows up intermittently. Tried resting for a week and jumped on the rower and the pain was back immediately after. Ugh.

Back