What have you done for your health today?

I finally got off the couch & picked up my bar after a long hiatus. Holy hell it kicked my ass & I didn't even make it to the metcon. But, it's a start & my new shoes are super cute šŸ˜
20210118_180644.jpg

I dunno man...being fat aint so bad...

I dunno man...being fat aint so bad...
I almost posted something similar when I first read it, but didn't want to rock the boat. Go team!

Still doing the same program with weights and cardio. I've been watching some of Ryan Humistan's youtube videos and incorporating some of his tips into my workouts.

After seven years of asking by my wife. Iā€™m doing a dry January.

I need to weigh myself to see if I lose any weight with no other changes.
I had a physical on the 22nd and I weighed 159.8. I'm usually between 165 and 170. So I guess it did something? We've also started working out together in the mornings so that's been added in as well. I can actually tell a difference in my bean pole physic, which is nice.

I can say that during that dry month I felt absolutely no different than when I was drinking. Still didn't want to wake up when my alarm went off, I still feel bad the mornings after I stayed up too late. Motivations didn't change. I'm sure I saved some money though.

F3 Harrisburg put on an Extinction Race today to raise money for Dream On 3.
1 mile loop, each mile has a time limit. The time limit decreases by 15 seconds each mile. If you donā€™t make it back before the time limit, you are extinct. I made it thru 13 miles. I was pretty sure I wouldnā€™t make it back in time on mile 14, so I extincted myself. Got a cool tshirt.

929F5059-866E-4021-AAFD-CA11F2A7C383.jpeg
26584C60-604F-4F57-98F0-17833E82D7B3.jpeg

F3 Harrisburg put on an Extinction Race today to raise money for Dream On 3.
1 mile loop, each mile has a time limit. The time limit decreases by 15 seconds each mile. If you donā€™t make it back before the time limit, you are extinct. I made it thru 13 miles. I was pretty sure I wouldnā€™t make it back in time on mile 14, so I extincted myself. Got a cool tshirt.

View attachment 341134View attachment 341135
Yeah, I'm out just thinking about it. Nice job running a half marathon today though! šŸ‘

I put a bunch of weight on after my brain injury. I blame it on eating my depressed feelings, and some bad medications that made me ravenously hungry. Also the gyms closed from COVID last year and I had been a dedicated 5-6x a week weight lifter and Spartan Race runner up until that point.

Anywho, I shot up from 230 to 295 within about a year and a half. (Hey! I'm 6'4! It ain't SOOO bad....Just kinda bad...)

Being pretty disgusted with myself when the gyms finally opened back up last month, I decided the best way to get back in shape was to have a nice goal. So, I booked an 8 hour session with my tattoo guy in August with the goal of losing 10lbs a month until then. That'd put me within spitting range of my original weight.

For March, I dropped 12lbs.

For April, I'm only down 2lbs so far. So I've got to tighten up my diet some more.

I'm totally getting a face tattoo.

Last edited:
Spartan race runner up! Holy hell man! The wife and manage 1 or 2 of those a year.....we are in the meaty part of the curve for finishers.....not too fast and not doing the race in blue jeans and a t-shirt.

The wife is out of town this weekend, so the dog and I managed a 4+ mile woods run/hike. The dog is more out of shape than I am.

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_104220903_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210411_104220903_HDR.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
So early in this thread I chronicled how I lost 90+ lbs. from 327-233

Then life, then started drining again, then covid then 200 more excuses.

So back in March I as back up to 285. Buckled down for a hard month and no alcohol. Finished March at 264. 21lbs down in 30 days.
Last week we went to the beach while daughter was on spring break and I said fawk it and ate and drank what I wanted.
Back to 272 today...still 13 down and back on the buckle down.

Want to get back under 250 and figure out how to maintain there...

At the suggestion of @Jody Treadway I ordered some butt cream....guess you could say things are getting pretty serious :laughing:

(I should probably clarify that it's to help with discomfort from riding a bike)
I'm glad you're keeping your crotch properly lubed. It'll keep your taint from getting chaffed.
Wait, what?
Just lubed mine tonight before a ride. A lot of climbing was needed for a photoshoot I was in for a local MTB clothing company. Then I ate shit right in front of the camera. At least my crotch is comfy though.

Rode my favorite trail in PIsgah this afternoon, Butter Gap. Butter runs into Cat Cap, which closes to bike traffic after today until Oct 15. It's a great trail too.
All was going well until I went over the bars into a boulder filled creek. Got some nasty bruises and a good cut on my arm. Oh well, part of the sport
107076.jpeg

Back