What have you done for your health today?

My 2022 for riding was sad, only like 350 miles or so.

currently working on the zwift ftp builder though, on the middle of week 2. Really enjoying (but hating) some structured workouts indoor and not having the boring traditional trainer.
The key to happiness is only using the trainer as a last resort, but also being happy knowing it's there and available when needed.

The key to happiness is only using the trainer as a last resort, but also being happy knowing it's there and available when needed.

For sure, its great for right now when mtb trails are cold and wet for weeks on end and when there isn't enough time. Once it gets warm out again, back to the trails! It is nice also for busy days when I only have an hour and can do that quickly and get back to other things.

Took a couple of Maillot Verts on the Richmond course.
Screenshot_20230103-215552.jpg

Screenshot_20230103-215008.jpg

Unfortunately, I fat assed hard while vacationing…even after pushing weigh ins back 2 days…I’m still up 10lbs. But was pretty easy to get back in to the groove once we got back home. I feel like absolute shit and mental clarity isn’t as sharp…so back at it.

I've got to get back on track. I didn't realize how much of a toll, not coaching soccer this fall would take on me. Not being on the field 3 days a week running with the kids really changed my fitness level. Then being sick most of November hurt too. Have to start back this week. I will start in the garage today with a small kettle bell workout and jump rope.

Pulled a double today. Walked 40 minutes this morning before work with a 30 lb pack, then hit chest and tris at the gym during lunch. My energy level will crash hard about 8pm tonight.

Last edited:
Talked the wife into working out with me. We both have just been down and out with the cold weather, getting dark early, our whole household being sick for what feels like the last 2 months. Everyone is now taking daily vitamins, honey in the morning, waking up earlier, and now working out for 30 min after the little one goes to bed. I think we both knew that we needed this and I want us to not go crazy about working out, but I want it to become a part of our life and just something we do. it's only day 3 working out, but I feel good about it.

Started on 1/2/23....dry January is in full effect, I am on a keto diet (low carb being the main rule I follow), and 3 trips to the gym in the bag for the new year.
2022 was a rough year for a lot of reasons....I don't normally get into the "new year, new me"....but it seemed like a good line in the sand to push a reboot.

Hit up day two of my 8 week commitment to a workout program yesterday. Mon-Fri.

I'm doing this The Easy-Strength Workout

It was recommended by a really good friend of mine that is a strength trainer. I actually like the simplicity of this and know it will get me stronger. I'm not looking to win any awards.

Yesterday I led the F3 workout. It went like this:

Run a lap (0.2 miles), then some warmup exercises.

Everybody grab a concrete block.

5 rounds of the following:
20 Atomic Crunches with concrete block
20 pushups
20 Squats with concrete block
Run a lap (0.2 mile)

After those 5 rounds, we changed the exercises and the size of the lap.

Do 4 rounds of this:
20 curls with concrete block
20 tricep extensions with concrete block
20 chest presss with concrete block
Run a lap (smaller loop, 0.1 mile)

After those 4 rounds, Now with the block, lunge walk 150 ft. on the way to return the blocks.

Core:

Crunches, Reverse crunches, Pretzel crunches, 30-second abs.

Hit up day two of my 8 week commitment to a workout program yesterday. Mon-Fri.

I'm doing this The Easy-Strength Workout

It was recommended by a really good friend of mine that is a strength trainer. I actually like the simplicity of this and know it will get me stronger. I'm not looking to win any awards.
Just did this and now I'm sore. Thanks alot. Probably have to take a week off of work to recover. :laughing:

Got one in every day this week.

Monday - 5 sets of pullups, 5 sets of dumbbell rows, 4 sets of EZ curls, 3 sets of hammer curls
Tuesday - 40 minutes on the treadmill at a 15 deg incline
Wednesday - 6 sets of flat dumbbell bench, 4 sets in the fly machine, 5 sets of tricep pulldowns with the rope
Thursday - 40 minute bike ride on the greenway
Friday - 4 sets of barbell OHP, 4 sets of chinups, 4 sets of rear delts in the machine, 4 sets of lateral raises, 3 sets of flat barbell bench, 3 sets of walking lunges with dumbbells

Back