What have you done for your health today?

Those doing F3, what's the deal. I need some motivation and a group setting would help. I turn 42 in about a month & a half, and am not happy with my fitness since I left the army 12 years ago.
Always free, always outside no matter the weather, we aren’t professional but we take turns leading the workout, and you modify the workout as necessary.
I’m 44 and never been stronger or in better shape in my life. But just as important as the physical condition is my mental condition. I look forward to suffering thru the workout every morning at 0530 with such a great group of guys. I count on them and they count on me and my mental health is so much better for it.
And then we do other stuff too, like driveway beers once a month, randomly go to a brewery, physical challenges like Spartan races, GoRuck events, running events, charity events, adopt-a-street, adopt-a-stream, etc.

Take gloves to the workout. Pushups on a parking lot can be rough on bare hands.

F3nation.com has a lot of info and a map to find locations. When we go on vacation I usually find a location there and hit it too.

One last thing; you said you aren’t happy with your fitness. It will be hard the first time you go. But remember, they will say it at the workout and it’s true, modify as necessary. If you can’t do all the reps, do what you can. If you can’t run, walk. And just as important, don’t quit after the first workout. I promise, it won’t get easier, but you will get stronger.

https://strava.app.link/q8chuZoHgub
1666232904418.png

Back on the bike for the first time in two weeks. This is the hardest loop for the 12 hr race on Saturday and it’s worth the most points. PRed pretty much every segment so I’ll take it as a win. One of my other teammates can do it sub 1hr so I’m gonna let him ride this loop on repeat while I knock out the other ones

F3 beat down this am, ruck yesterday. 1 full week and 1 day. Perfect attendance and a few days it was only 2 of us because I was stubborn and posted an "HC" hard commit. Glad I can get to these and glad I kept at least one more fella from snuggling the sheet monster.

Cumulative today following using a wire brush for 4 hours yesterday it was my worst performance. Still in awe how this fella nearer to 60 continues to hand me my ass.....

@Chris_M did you give it a go?

Did the 12HR Vicious Cycle MTB race on Saturday. Race started at 7am. I rode 30.66 miles(Apple Watch died at the end) in 4 loops. Our team ended up taking 8th out of 21 teams. It was a great time and perfect weather. My bike needs some much needed maintenance and possibly some few upgrades. Out of 100+ riders I think I had one of the few hard tails out there.

5028D335-51B5-47D3-BE1D-42D1964BB5D3.jpeg

Feeling pretty good today. Upper body is a lot more sore than my legs. Had some quad cramps during the race but managed to push through and get them worked out.

Will definitely be doing it again next year.

F3 beat down this am, ruck yesterday. 1 full week and 1 day. Perfect attendance and a few days it was only 2 of us because I was stubborn and posted an "HC" hard commit. Glad I can get to these and glad I kept at least one more fella from snuggling the sheet monster.

Cumulative today following using a wire brush for 4 hours yesterday it was my worst performance. Still in awe how this fella nearer to 60 continues to hand me my ass.....

@Chris_M did you give it a go?
Took my first step towards getting back in shape, and went to my First F3 workout. Haven't been in a gym in almost 5 years.
Shoulders and hamstrings are tight now, but it felt good to be out and doing something.

Took my first step towards getting back in shape, and went to my First F3 workout. Haven't been in a gym in almost 5 years.
Shoulders and hamstrings are tight now, but it felt good to be out and doing something.
Today the crawling was more of an exercise then a experiment with non functional joints.
We did peterpan crawls and my back and hip popped like a pretzel over due for the trash can.
I cannot remember the last time my back has released itself and realigned on it's on without therapy.

I've been doing rest pause sets lately after doing 4-5 normal sets. I'm really loving the pump and pain it brings.

Well it didn't take long for me to fall into a nice routine after the return to the office mandate. I'm doing weights Mon, Wed, and Fri at my work gym during my lunch hour, and riding my bicycle or walking on Tue and Thursday during lunch. I also pick one or two exercises and will knock out 3-4 sets of those a couple of days a week in the morning. All is good.

So how'd everyone do over Thanksgiving??? I'm still at it, overall down 44lbs, been pretty flat the last couple of weeks, but am losing inches. I'm at that timeframe when I've lost a solid amount of weight and have historically decided I could cheat a day, which then turns into a week and before you know you've put everything back on. Plus Thanksgiving-Christmas is typically a non-stop snackfest. So I'm happy with flat, reverting back to the original militant diet, and trading boxing/weight training for more legit cardio and body weight to change things up.

Not to good, Ate Ate and Ate some more. Up about 8 to 10 since my FIL passed. Haven't worked out since then either. The more running I did the more my knees hurt. The knees compensating went to my back.

Still not at 100 percent. I think I going to have to adjust. I was also sneaking naps during the day after work out. I don't think that helped in the productivity but I did feel better.

ANDDD ......broke down for an eye exam today. I need glasses.

^^^Well...tomorrow is another day. And if it makes you feel any better, I've had a coke bottle prescription since about 3rd grade...you're old as balls, you had a good run.
He aint old....cause I aint old.

Weighed 200 lbs Thursday morning, and somehow weighed 199 lbs this morning. I did exercise during those days and spent 1.5 days putting up Christmas lights.

Back