What have you done to your rig today?

Took the kiddo crawling around the house and then washed it.

IMG_20190921_124118.jpg
IMG_20190921_192952.jpg

Hard to believe it's nearly 20 years old.

Well, long story here, the sage continues

I got all the new bearings in, everything back together. Except the tires(was waiting on my muscle before I got them on. Still had the diff cover to put back on. Got the housing all cleaned up as well as the diff cover. Put the Grey RTV on the cover, set up 4 bolts to hang it on...…………………………………………………..And then I saw it. 2 teeth were broke off my ring gear! So, out comes my spare I had bought from @Jody Treadway. Had to pull the knuckles off both sides to get the axles out. Now waiting @josh$$ to go get some brake parts cleaner and some red lock tight to put on the ring gear bolts.

MAYBE, it will be back together this evening!

Not going to lie to anyone but with the RIED knuckles cromoly shafts, and the super joints(I think that's the brand) it was a pain in the ass. But we got it back together well to the point that @upnover didn't need me for the heavy lifting. But I learned one thing I like ball joint knuckles and tires less than 38in. HAha

All this time I thought your Jeep had been on jackstands.
That profile pic is from my old shop, so that was around 2013-2014. But I like teeing up the easy shots for you guys.

Actually was yesterday, but I decided to give John some exercise. He generally just runs around on the grass. Had a run off sport, at the end of my yard. Big gully with a culvert in it. I've thrown a fair amount of tree trunk & brush, in the gully, & been wanting to Smooth things up, fill in some low spots, & just make it look better. Had about 12 ton of Used ABC, that I dumped. My little Deere, may be slow, but it get's it done!

Attachments

• IMG_20190924_131749387_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190924_131749387_HDR.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20190924_131805547_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190924_131805547_HDR.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20190924_141435410_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190924_141435410_HDR.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 193
Actually was yesterday, but I decided to give John some exercise. He generally just runs around on the grass. Had a run off sport, at the end of my yard. Big gully with a culvert in it. I've thrown a fair amount of tree trunk & brush, in the gully, & been wanting to Smooth things up, fill in some low spots, & just make it look better. Had about 12 ton of Used ABC, that I dumped. My little Deere, may be slow, but it get's it done!

Damn. Little tractor putting in some work

Been attempting to paint, so far I’m living up to the YouTube videos [emoji12]
80e6b64d2b1f9739ba3d3e8001eab054.jpg

The bedliner was to bad either
59d8bd6c307457cb8af9b153294a3c5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What products are you spraying?

Put new struts on the wife's Subaru (I'm going to start driving it, and am apparently more picky than she is about a total lack of wheel damping), and had to destructively remove 3 out of 8 bolts, and looked a little sideways at a few more. $70 later, 8 bolts and locking nuts are in the mail from my favorite cheap Subaru parts dealer. Yes, $70 was the good price. But, I don't play around with suspension fasteners.

It's on jackstands in the driveway.

Put new struts on the wife's Subaru (I'm going to start driving it, and am apparently more picky than she is about a total lack of wheel damping), and had to destructively remove 3 out of 8 bolts, and looked a little sideways at a few more. $70 later, 8 bolts and locking nuts are in the mail from my favorite cheap Subaru parts dealer. Yes, $70 was the good price. But, I don't play around with suspension fasteners.

It's on jackstands in the driveway.

I’ve gotta do the rear wheel bearing on my forester soon :(

I’ve gotta do the rear wheel bearing on my forester soon :(

New enough to have a unit bearing (2009+), or old enough to worry about cutting lateral link bolts that are seized before taking the upright to the press? If it's got lateral links, you'll likely make one parts order for what you think you need, and then a second parts order for what you actually need. I'm specifically talking about that reaaally loooong lateral link bolt, with the center of the bolt exposed so all the nice corrosives can get along the bolt. Unless it's pristine and has never seen road salt. Or mud. Any way you slice it, it's a coin toss about whether it's coming out, and the bolt is about $16 (or $30, depending on where you buy it).

If you need OEM parts, SubaruSource is my go-to. They're out of Norfolk (coincidentally, so fast shipping) and have the best prices by far.

Last edited:
New enough to have a unit bearing (2009+), or old enough to worry about cutting lateral link bolts that are seized before taking the upright to the press? If it's got lateral links, you'll likely make one parts order for what you think you need, and then a second parts order for what you actually need. I'm specifically talking about that reaaally loooong lateral link bolt, with the center of the bolt exposed so all the nice corrosives can get along the bolt. Unless it's pristine and has never seen road salt. Or mud. Any way you slice it, it's a coin toss about whether it's coming out, and the bolt is about $16 (or $30, depending on where you buy it).

If you need OEM parts, SubaruSource is my go-to. They're out of Norfolk (coincidentally, so fast shipping) and have the best prices by far.

:( it’s an 05. I’ve been on blasting that lower bolt for the last few months lol

Back