What have you done to your rig today?

That's a pretty sexy XJ...as sexy as an XJ can be, anyway.

I'll likely get a set of 265 agressive all terrains for it soon. That's really about it aside from skids and armor.
I want a mild wheeler so my wife and I can both go with both rigs.
Also I'm dropping my Ranger off with @stinkbomb and NTK Fab next month for some sexiness, so I need a backup until it's done.

Drove it home!
Took off the stock coils and spacer and replaced them with 3.5" Metalcloak springs. Some new Rubicon Express control arms, MC disconnects and @thebrotherinlaw's old RE track bar (new bushings).
Installed one of Ironman4x4 Fab's shackle relocation brackets along with a 2" AAL out back.
Cleaned up a bent and twisted front bumper, painted it and added a used TSC 8k winch.
Not a bad little DD/wheeler
IMG_20190108_172225970.jpg

Drove it home!
Took off the stock coils and spacer and replaced them with 3.5" Metalcloak springs. Some new Rubicon Express control arms, MC disconnects and @thebrotherinlaw's old RE track bar (new bushings).
Installed one of Ironman4x4 Fab's shackle relocation brackets along with a 2" AAL out back.
Cleaned up a bent and twisted front bumper, painted it and added a used TSC 8k winch.
Not a bad little DD/wheeler
View attachment 283784

Ya full suspension, bumpers, skids, wheels and tires, armor, gears and lockers

That will pass as stock at the mall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered a bunch parts for an sye, along with fuel pump, cat back exhaust (nothing fancy, just to replace my nearly rusted through muffler) and a few other odds and ends. And now I wait....

Since I am new at all of the working on vehicle things
(I’m a medical guy who never learned this stuff)

This weekend I did/doing brake booster and master cyl
Rear drum brakes
New front brakes with new calipers
Pulled the sway bar
And pulled the track bar
Steering dampener/stabilizer thing
Front shocks

Chiltons book
And you tube
Nice job.
I’ll say this
I am truly sad that I missed out on learning this type of stuff when I was younger....

I am havn fun...

SDIVER2006
If you ever get into something and can't figure it out, post up on here. We'll get you through it.

Would love to hear how my old XJ is doing (one on the trailer). Sure do miss that old girl...

It's doing OK. But it's about to go under the knife at my shop.
Stickies, Racelines, full hydro, high steer, lowered a bit, revised link angles and mounts along with a custom track bar.
Time to make it perform a little better.

20190112_142512.jpg

Nice job.

If you ever get into something and can't figure it out, post up on here. We'll get you through it.
Well I’m pretty proud of my self..I finished the brakes front/rear..booster master cyl/shocks front rear/pulled the track bars front and rear, sway bar..
Started the Jeep ran it (on jack stands)and I’ll be dammed that the brakes worked and the tires stopped..

Last edited:
Finally spooled up the new cable, old one had quite a few bad spots.
20190120_143612.jpg

Also me and @adamk got @k5-1402 Jeep wrapped up Friday night. Old track bar bracket was trashed and the frame had a pretty large crack in it. Just waiting for the bumpstops to come in tomorrow to finish it up the rest of the way.
20190119_035026.jpg

20190118_222955.jpg

20190120_143632.jpg

Also me and @adamk got @k5-1402 Jeep wrapped up Friday night. Old track bar bracket was trashed and the frame had a pretty large crack in it. Just waiting for the bumpstops to come in tomorrow to finish it up the rest of the way.

Pics of aformentioned crack(s)

Attachments

• D7B23033-4DF3-4A18-B3DA-BE8BBDB332C5.jpeg
    D7B23033-4DF3-4A18-B3DA-BE8BBDB332C5.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 165
Picked up this new (to me) Warn 9.5cti this morning. Fo hundo sounded like a deal I couldn't pass up so left Charlotte at 445a and headed towards Raleigh. 5 hours round trip and back home by 1030a.
c44518359a237a4d800222be6dee89c0.jpg

f44ab27336336f17119aa87642d59ac3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back