Whats the best non sticky tire?

Keith1138

If they made a 35 sticky I would probably get it but no one does anymore. I want either a 35 or 36, 12.50 or 13.50 on a 17 wheel.

My jeep only gets driven on the road 3 to 4 times and month. When i do drive it, it is to work which is a 10 minute round trip with traffic on a 45mph road.

Right now I am tied between a tsl super swamper or a non sticky maxxis trep. Both come in a radial or bias ply tire.

My PBRs friggin WORKED!! I'd wheel them again in a heartbeat!

Sold them to a buddy and he couldn't believe the difference from his previous tires (Swampers if I recall)

Sold them to a buddy and he couldn't believe the difference from his previous tires (Swampers if I recall)
I had those as well for a while - I agree they worked great.

If you had 15's you could try 35" UTV stickies, Maxxis makes one for sure, among a few others hitting the market now. Jeep might be too heavy for them though.

Pbr?

Are the 35" short course tires not available any more?

Pitbull Rocker (radials in my case)

Also the skinny 35" SXIIs are on the blem list for 185 a piece.
Ah those are out my price range.

I saw those. Checking that list has became a part of my morning routine lol. I feel like ten wides would embrace the suck of not finding traction.

Ah those are out my price range.

I saw those. Checking that list has became a part of my morning routine lol. I feel like ten wides would embrace the suck of not finding traction.
You would be surprised. I've seen an xj on Q78's flat our work. Especially in the SE. They spin over easier and bite well.

TSL Bias ply and cut the chevrons in half across the width of the tire. They dig.
What makes the bias ply so much better than radial?

Well after rechecking intercos website they do not make a tsl super swamper bias ply in a 35 or 36 with a 17 inch wheel. They do make a 36 on a 15 inch wheel. I guess I need to see if a 15 inch wheel will clear my steering or not.

They do make a super swamper tsl/sx in a 36-12.50-17 but I don't not know the difference between a normal tsl and it. To me the sidewall is the only thing.

Well after rechecking intercos website they do not make a tsl super swamper bias ply in a 35 or 36 with a 17 inch wheel. They do make a 36 on a 15 inch wheel. I guess I need to see if a 15 inch wheel will clear my steering or not.

They do make a super swamper tsl/sx in a 36-12.50-17 but I don't not know the difference between a normal tsl and it. To me the sidewall is the only thing.

With wheel spacers they will.

With wheel spacers they will.

Looks like i will most likely stick with the jk lug pattern when I start looking at dirty life beadlocks in a month.

Maxxis used to make a sticky trep in 35". Did they stop offering them ?

Also, if you're going Maxxis Treps, you need the bias, not the radial.

Bias left and radial right

beadlock-4.jpg

I've always been super happy with my TSL SSR and they make them in 35x12.5R15. I'd give these a shot as a second place, if you don't want to go the Maxxis route.

My BFG KM2’s have impressed me to the point that my next set will probably also be BFG.
60EA7E86-7EDD-478A-819F-A92E1D3FED8C.jpeg

Keith, it you want new tires i think you need to decide how much or little comfort you want on the road. If you don't care then go bias, better sidewalls and more voids between the tread.

In all honesty the SX2s weren’t horrible I just really didn’t like them being so skinny.

I see quite a few people running STT Pros, and since I have them in my tow rig I can tell you their on road manners are fine

If your goal is 17” wheels then get the tires to match; if you are open to any size wheels then get the tires you want.

My 36x12.5 bias TSLs are heavy and I would not run them on either of my axles without chromos

Keith, it you want new tires i think you need to decide how much or little comfort you want on the road. If you don't care then go bias, better sidewalls and more voids between the tread.

In all honesty the SX2s weren’t horrible I just really didn’t like them being so skinny.

I see quite a few people running STT Pros, and since I have them in my tow rig I can tell you their on road manners are fine

If your goal is 17” wheels then get the tires to match; if you are open to any size wheels then get the tires you want.

My 36x12.5 bias TSLs are heavy and I would not run them on either of my axles without chromos
At this point I don't care about road comfort with the jeep. So I am going to go with a bias ply. My front axle is built enough to handle a 36 because it is trussed with c gussets and chromos. My rear is not nearly as built but it is a 29 spline 8.25 with factory shafts. I think I am going pick my tires then pick my wheels.

I pike dup a set of Mullet specials today for the race jeep....

I can say that I do really like the Patagonias. I haven't gotten to play with them too hard on rock yet but for mild trail and mud, they're great. They'll clean out but you gotta light em up a little.

TSL's are where it's at for east coast wheeling imo for non-sticky
This.
TSL's is the best east coast non sticky option for a dedicated trail tire.
Creepy Crawlers are nice, Treps are nice, I haven't ran PBR's but not impressed with what I've personally seen in east coast wheeling. Plus they are wide.
Several modern radials are very capable (Maxxis Razers, STT Pros, BFG KM3's, etc.) but are not as durable as a Bias.
I looked hard at the TSL/SX Radial in a 36" for the 17" rim but the tread compound is harder to make it more street friendly which is the case with nearly all the radial street/trail tire offerings.

Get the TSL SX for the 17s you want. You won’t be disappointed

Back