Whats the best non sticky tire?

Biggest thing is my tires measure barely 34 aired up. My wheels are no longer round and my tires are on their last leg with cuts developing in the side walls and the tread is getting thin. Right now im trying to figure out what I want so I can save up and price shop. I am not planning on going over a 36.
Just snag some bias ply interco tires like everyone has mentioned. I used to wheel TSL LTB bias ply and drove them to Uhwarrie in high school. Zero issues on the road. Compound was definitely softer than a radial. And tough ass sidewalls as well!

Biggest thing is my tires measure barely 34 aired up. My wheels are no longer round and my tires are on their last leg with cuts developing in the side walls and the tread is getting thin. Right now im trying to figure out what I want so I can save up and price shop. I am not planning on going over a 36.
I am pretty sure they make eliminators for a 30 now also... those and RCVs will have the R&P sweating.

Keith is a pretty mild/careful wheeler. I think he would be fine with any tire that measures close to 35, no more than a 36. Just keep an eye on those ball joints and be prepared to change them every year or so, along with the unit bearings if wheeling a 35+ often.

Has anyone had experience with tsl LTBs. I had no idea there were this many different types of TSLs

Most of the LTB's are Chinese made now and the compound is not nearly as good as the TN made TSL's.
That explains why they are 280 a tire

Has anyone had experience with tsl LTBs. I had no idea there were this many different types of TSLs

I ran 34x10.50-15 LTB's on my Samurai, and loved them. They are true to size (probably the same size as most 35" tires). I grooved them a fair amount to open them up. I sold them to @jeepin' jen and @Mulishajoe

Before cutting.jpg

Cut tire.jpg

Last edited:
How about when all four are in the air?
Nitrogen filled tires is a thing of the past. I'm filling my tires with helium and floating over all obstacles now.

I have always thought that the LTB is one of their best non sticky tire.
Most of the LTB's are Chinese made now and the compound is not nearly as good as the TN made TSL's.
I know they import some fo their tires but I thought they had their in country stuff made in Louisiana. Isn't that were thye are headquartered?

Many of the TSL's are made in the old Denman Tire plant in Tennessee now. The LTB's were at one time all made in India and were excellent. But most of them are made in China and the rubber compound is much harder per my conversation with Scott Goforth a couple years ago.

I've wheeled for many years. Ran a bunch of different tires.
Currently running 42" sticky Treps.
The BEST tires i have ever run, hands down are Creepies.
Sidewalls are an inch thick and they flat ass work in all conditions.
If they came in 43", they would be on my rig now.

My opinion only.
Let the shit storm begin!

I've wheeled for many years. Ran a bunch of different tires.
Currently running 42" sticky Treps.
The BEST tires i have ever run, hands down are Creepies.
Sidewalls are an inch thick and they flat ass work in all conditions.
If they came in 43", they would be on my rig now.

My opinion only.
Let the shit storm begin!

I can NOT believe what I just read. Or who I just read it from. Based on the Creepies I’ve been around I would dang near choose Thornbirds over them. Hands down worst tire I’ve been around, I’ve watched bald iroks do better.

But I 100% respect you and your wheeling expertise so I’m gonna leave some room for maybe the people I wheeled with running them flat out couldn’t drive, only wheeled with each (3 different folks/rigs all with Creepies) one time each to be fair.

Last edited:
I can NOT believe what I just read. Or who I just read it from. Based on the Creepies I’ve been around I would dang near choose a Thornbirds over them. Hands down worst tire I’ve been around, I’ve watched bald iroks do better.

But I 100% respect you and your wheeling expertise so I’m gonna leave some room for maybe the people I wheeled with running them flat out couldn’t drive, only wheeled with each (3 different folks/rigs all with Creepies) one time each to be fair.

I agree with you, but this makes me wonder if we could get enough people in to have interco make a set of 42" sticky turds. I'd be in.

Another vote for good ole TSLs

All the rest is just imitation > hard to beat a proven 50 year old tread pattern

Back