Whats the best non sticky tire?

So are the TSL SX the best radial for dual purpose street driven rigs or the best on the trail?

Any love for Toyo MTs? They have worn extremely well on some pickups for me but I have never really wheeled them.

I realize these are very different tires.

Get the TSL SX for the 17s you want. You won’t be disappointed
Thats what I'm leaning towards.

Any idea what the true difference between tsl and the tsl sx. Intercos website doesn't say if the tsl sx is bias ply or a radial.

So are the TSL SX the best radial for dual purpose street driven rigs or the best on the trail?

Any love for Toyo MTs? They have worn extremely well on some pickups for me but I have never really wheeled them.

I realize these are very different tires.
As I mentioned earlier the Radial SX is a harder compound to make them more street friendly, that coupled with a significant price difference verses the major brands made me choose a 37" from one of other offerings.
No experience with the Toyo's, but I have been on 1 ride with someone running Falcon Wildpeaks (conditions varied from normal moist East coast to Muddy East coast the 2 days) and thought they performed well. Will be anxious to see some more.

As a Side bar I bought Maxxis RAZR 37" and they were tall. I also had one new 37" BFG KM2 at the time and the RAZR was at least a half inch taller. I actually had to drop back to a 35" RAZR and it was as nearly as tall as the 37" BFG and much taller than the new 35" Cooper ST Maxx I also had on hand as well as the 35" BFG KM2 I also had at the time. I've been happy with the RAZRS but if this was a dedicated trail rig I'd be running 36" regular TSL's

I see what you mean! SX Radials are mucho$$ compared to most any other radial. They are much more aggressive looking than most any other radial and I would imagine would kick azz on most any surface.

For folks like me though, I have to weigh on road performance heavier than ultimate trail performance.

Maybe a set of extra wheels/tires is the best option.

For the record, a 38” TSL only measured 36.5” on Chris’ TJ last year. A 36” TSL measures pretty true, but a 15” rim.

A nearly new 37” sticky Trep measures 35.5” aired down, 35” aired up.

38" TSLs and SXs are notoriously small. A 38" SX is shorter than a 36" Irok.

I ran my set of Razrs for Moab and they did great, perfect for those rocks out there and all the road driving between trails. On the east coast I run a set of boggers in the front and cut boggers in the rear. They do very well on east coast trails.

For the record, a 38” TSL only measured 36.5” on Chris’ TJ last year. A 36” TSL measures pretty true, but a 15” rim.

A nearly new 37” sticky Trep measures 35.5” aired down, 35” aired up.
@CasterTroy has a pic of my 38's next to his 36's, I'll post it up if I find it.

That do make a 37” sticky irok now

I ran IROKS on my buggy away first and they performed really well. Check out nitto trail grapplers also, the sticky version works well and with the tread pattern the non sticky should be good too.

I don't like the profile of the 37" Iroks, they are shorter than a 36" Irok and they are much wider. I prefer a tall, slimmer profile and would recommend the 36" Irok over the 37" Irok.

If you look around, I bet you could find some like new 35" short course sticky for sale, if you wanted to stick with 35" or less.

I've had good luck with TSL's on an XJ before. Think the 33's I had were bias ply and the 32's were radial and both did ok. The bias ply I think did work better overall. Neither tire was run on the pavement though.

Your Dana 30 ball joints and power steering pump are going to be thrilled. Just curious what you don’t like about your current setup? Pushing tire size now if just going to get you closer to ring and pinion failure.

I have had good luck with tsl Sx bias tires. They hook up very well in the Rocks and the mud. They clean out great when you get them spinning. But since they are heavy you really need some power to get spinning. On the Road they work great track nice no weird balancing issues even at 80mph. Only negative on the road is they are loud very loud. Mine only big complaint about them is they measure much smaller than advertised. A 36" tire on a 10" rim is around 35" tall. I would get another set if they made a 37" tire that actually measured 37"

Any idea what the true difference between tsl and the tsl sx. Intercos website doesn't say if the tsl sx is bias ply or a radial.

The SX is a more agressive version of the TSL. Totally worth it, but it's heavier.

I see what you mean! SX Radials are mucho$$ compared to most any other radial. They are much more aggressive looking than most any other radial and I would imagine would kick azz on most any surface.

For folks like me though, I have to weigh on road performance heavier than ultimate trail performance.

Maybe a set of extra wheels/tires is the best option.
If you are going to be sticking to alot of road driving, I would look at the STT Pros, Nittos, Patagonia, RAZRs, BFG, etc.

If you want offroad performance first, and will deal with some street ride issues, go with an TSL, Trep, PBR, etc.

Personally, if going to a TSL, etc I would go bias ply vs radial. I have seen too many Interco sidewalls get cut open, with a huge gash, vs the bias. The belt/chord design lends to that, IMO.

Personally, if going to a TSL, etc I would go bias ply vs radial. I have seen too many Interco sidewalls get cut open, with a huge gash, vs the bias. The belt/chord design lends to that, IMO.
This. Sidewalled radial TSLs a few times. I've cut BFG sidewalls, but never to the point of leaking. I can't think of any others that have failed that way.

I have had good luck with tsl Sx bias tires. They hook up very well in the Rocks and the mud. They clean out great when you get them spinning. But since they are heavy you really need some power to get spinning. On the Road they work great track nice no weird balancing issues even at 80mph. Only negative on the road is they are loud very loud. Mine only big complaint about them is they measure much smaller than advertised. A 36" tire on a 10" rim is around 35" tall. I would get another set if they made a 37" tire that actually measured 37"
So a 35x12.5-16 would be around 34”?

If you are going to be sticking to alot of road driving, I would look at the STT Pros, Nittos, Patagonia, RAZRs, BFG, etc.

If you want offroad performance first, and will deal with some street ride issues, go with an TSL, Trep, PBR, etc.

May look for a set of Moabs and get a set of TSLs.

Your Dana 30 ball joints and power steering pump are going to be thrilled. Just curious what you don’t like about your current setup? Pushing tire size now if just going to get you closer to ring and pinion failure.
Biggest thing is my tires measure barely 34 aired up. My wheels are no longer round and my tires are on their last leg with cuts developing in the side walls and the tread is getting thin. Right now im trying to figure out what I want so I can save up and price shop. I am not planning on going over a 36.

Back