Whats the best non sticky tire?

They just need to make a 40x13.50x17 TSL sticky.

Has anyone had experience with tsl LTBs. I had no idea there were this many different types of TSLs

Ran 35in LTBs on my Samurai for nearly a decade. They were amazing in clay and okay at everything else, modern radials were head and shoulders better in the rocks. Ran them at 2psi regularly, but the big tread blocks slapped at rock faces instead of biting. Grooving helped but a heavier vehicle would have been better. Only a couple occasions where the "tire" was a limiting factor in years of wheeling.

Need to try some Badaks, they look like a radial bogger that can be grooved
Badak Extreme
3109131-7e5d002f5d6a7e13f90e1ba78760d2d5.jpg

I will say Milestar Patagoinia tires are not so good, same problem as the "bigger" LTBs but way worse. Severely lacking "bite" but are round and rubber.. Grooved they are better but still meh at best. In fairness I've only seen them at 60-70% tread.
20211102_182024.jpg

MTR's are great if you are easier on sidewalls, only thing I've heard bark on northern mossy rocks. Some Goodyear engineers were in the club I ran with up in Ohio and a lot of R&D was done up there for the redesign. They were the answer up there before Red Labels/Sticky Treps became common.

KM3s in the 33x10.50 flavor are pretty good, only had them a short time on a limited vehicle.

Really interested in the Geolander XMT, looks like a streetable Krawler with more biting edges. Also the Razr as they are affordable to mere mortals.

Last edited:
I will say Milestar Patagoinia tires are not so good, same problem as the "bigger" LTBs but way worse. Severely lacking "bite" but are round and rubber.. Grooved they are better but still meh at best. In fairness I've only seen them at 60-70% tread.

I never understood why anyone would even consider those tires east of the Rockies, just by looking at them you can tell they would suck in anything wet and with dirt on it.

I live my pro comp extreme mt2. I run them at like 2psi and they have been kicking ass and handled everything I have thrown at them in various conditions. I do drive my truck to and from the trails so I have a bit different requirements than a lot of the people on here (radial and round i.e no interco LOL).

I never understood why anyone would even consider those tires east of the Rockies, just by looking at them you can tell they would suck in anything wet and with dirt on it.
You're right on. Mine were a full set for the price of a new single 235/85/16 decent tire... if I had paid good money I'd be pissed. Grooving got them livable and flexing but still just a bad compound.

There are alot of good tires out now. The MT2s are enticing with decent pricing and some good feedback from people running them (like you), just don't see them much on east coast rigs for whatever reason, if I remember correctly Maxxis actually makes them so the carcass is similar/same to the radial Trep and Razr?

You're right on. Mine were a full set for the price of a new single 235/85/16 decent tire... if I had paid good money I'd be pissed. Grooving got them livable and flexing but still just a bad compound.

There are alot of good tires out now. The MT2s are enticing with decent pricing and some good feedback from people running them (like you), just don't see them much on east coast rigs for whatever reason, if I remember correctly Maxxis actually makes them so the carcass is similar/same to the radial Trep and Razr?

Don't know who makes the MT2s, but the lettering is similar to maxxis RAZR my friend has so I could see that. I like them way better than my Toyo MTs I had before these. Those tires were garbage, zero grip on dry rocks at evrey pressure I tried. I know some people love those tires, but I could never get them to work, maybe they were too wide or something, 37x14.5x15.

Back