When life give you lemons….make lemonade

Well tomorrow morning starts the next adventure. I’m leaving out of Thomasville for Indiana the rest of this month. My childhood best friend has cancer and asked that I come help him out around the house. He is really big into drift cars and is doing an event this weekend. I don’t get to race but take his beater out in the mornings for practice laps. Beater is a 650hp turbo LS 280z.

On the first of next month I’m meeting up with our other resident gypsy @77GreenMachine and wheeling smorr with him. After there I’m heading to Denver and hitting up some of the old mine trails before being in Moab on the 9th. I’ll be in Moab for 10 days before going to telluride and Oaray area. When I finish there I’m heading to sand hollow. Then National parking up to Yellowstone. Before coming back to NC in May.

342FA37B-6DD3-4EBA-A7CD-189FA4181D7F.jpeg

Well tomorrow morning starts the next adventure. I’m leaving out of Thomasville for Indiana the rest of this month. My childhood best friend has cancer and asked that I come help him out around the house. He is really big into drift cars and is doing an event this weekend. I don’t get to race but take his beater out in the mornings for practice laps. Beater is a 650hp turbo LS 280z.

On the first of next month I’m meeting up with our other resident gypsy @77GreenMachine and wheeling smorr with him. After there I’m heading to Denver and hitting up some of the old mine trails before being in Moab on the 9th. I’ll be in Moab for 10 days before going to telluride and Oaray area. When I finish there I’m heading to sand hollow. Then National parking up to Yellowstone. Before coming back to NC in May.

View attachment 393371
Safe travels brother!

You're making some pretty good lemonade!! Have a great time!

So I have thought long and hard about giving a personal reply. But I will.

In 2000i was in a bad wreck. I went through physical therapy, and settled up. A few months later I could barely walk. I had a pretty easy security job, so I kept on going. On the side I was doing home repair, and working on cars. Then it got so bad I couldn't do that.

My ex wife left me, took the kids. I moved I to a crappy trailer park. The ex too out every charge she could. I couldnt afford a lawyer.

One night I was going to end it. I was sitting in my living room, about to go through with it, and my alarm went off to get up. ( I worked third shift.) For whatever reason I got ready for work and left.

Eventually, I lost the job. Can't walk, can't work. I spent 3 years living in my truck. Eventually I got some help. I wound up living in a shifty apartment. I managed to fight through mind numbing pain, and put my truck to work hauling scrap. I worked during the day, and cried in pain every night.

I met Steph. Things got better, but the pain was still there. At times I would take a step and wind up on my knees. She started working with me, and helped me get far more done than I should have.

She finally completes her college courses, and got a job that had insurance. I went to the doctor. Finally, 16 years after the wreck, and after threatening to beat a doctor in front of his nurse, I had an MRI. I had 3 crushed Vertebrae. The MRI tech was amazed I could walk. I now have 3 titanium Vertebrae. Steph says at least I have scrap value.

I often wonder what if that alarm hasn't gone off when it did...

Anyhow. Glad you are doing good. Hang in there. Call me if you need to. I might not be able to help much, but I know dirty jokes.

In 2000i was in a bad wreck. I went through physical therapy, and settled up. A few months later I could barely walk. I had a pretty easy security job, so I kept on going. On the side I was doing home repair, and working on cars. Then it got so bad I couldn't do that.

My ex wife left me, took the kids. I moved I to a crappy trailer park. The ex too out every charge she could. I couldnt afford a lawyer.

One night I was going to end it. I was sitting in my living room, about to go through with it, and my alarm went off to get up. ( I worked third shift.) For whatever reason I got ready for work and left.

Eventually, I lost the job. Can't walk, can't work. I spent 3 years living in my truck. Eventually I got some help. I wound up living in a shifty apartment. I managed to fight through mind numbing pain, and put my truck to work hauling scrap. I worked during the day, and cried in pain every night.

I met Steph. Things got better, but the pain was still there. At times I would take a step and wind up on my knees. She started working with me, and helped me get far more done than I should have.

She finally completes her college courses, and got a job that had insurance. I went to the doctor. Finally, 16 years after the wreck, and after threatening to beat a doctor in front of his nurse, I had an MRI. I had 3 crushed Vertebrae. The MRI tech was amazed I could walk. I now have 3 titanium Vertebrae. Steph says at least I have scrap value.

Anyhow. Glad you are doing good. Hang in there. Call me if you need to. I might not be able to help much, but I know dirty jokes.
thank you! Some days are harder than others but I must put one foot in front of the other. I refuse to give up and I’m chasing the things that I know make me happy.

Have you ever looked into a spinal stimulator for pain management?

Never heard of it.
One of my coworkers had this done last week. She's a leukemia survivor and has neuropathy in her arm with random pain that drives her crazy. Its a last ditch effort but seems to work. Plus you get the benefit of being 1 step closer to cyborg.

One of my coworkers had this done last week. She's a leukemia survivor and has neuropathy in her arm with random pain that drives her crazy. Its a last ditch effort but seems to work. Plus you get the benefit of being 1 step closer to cyborg.
My mom has a stimulator in her back. It has helped her after her surgeries.

Great post overall, but I got a good kick out of this part :D:
I now have 3 titanium Vertebrae. Steph says at least I have scrap value.

The little TJ that could! Looks like you’re having a blast. Was really good wheeling and catching up with you back in Missouri! Until next time my friend.

Back