2021 Not NC4X4 get together/Web Wheeler Weekend (that may or may not happen)

Pick a date you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
URE is right next door to this site, so it is easy to go wheel for the day. Not sure that it would be worth the haul with your buggy to hit URE. Mini-bike grudge matches seem to be a hot ticket though.

Can we set up a King of URE ?
Ride all the trails in the shortest amount of time possible :D

I think I can borrow a 450 but it might be a lil bit overkill for the mini-bike contest. And I'll probably kill myself on it.

I was just giving y’all a hard time. I understand many have jobs that just don’t work out like that. I have been very blessed to pretty much always have a flexible job.
I nearly went to work for Norfolk Southern many years ago, and I’m real glad I didn’t.

Ironically, this years event is on the same weekend as last year

Can we set up a King of URE ?
Ride all the trails in the shortest amount of time possible :D

I think I can borrow a 450 but it might be a lil bit overkill for the mini-bike contest. And I'll probably kill myself on it.

Looks like Jeep Jamboree USA will be in URE that weekend. They’ll have the trail plugged up with a bunch of people that paid huge amounts of money to be lead around Uwharrie on a guided ride. I’m in the wrong business, I need to be setting up guided hard core rides around Harlan where we will wheel good trails and I’ll serve a prime lunch of lunchables, Cheezits and Miller Lite.

Looks like Jeep Jamboree USA will be in URE that weekend. They’ll have the trail plugged up with a bunch of people that paid huge amounts of money to be lead around Uwharrie on a guided ride. I’m in the wrong business, I need to be setting up guided hard core rides around Harlan where we will wheel good trails and I’ll serve a prime lunch of lunchables, Cheezits and Miller Lite.
Well we just need to run Daniel and Dicky Bell and we should miss them.... :laughing:

The Ranch seems like a good alternative...just sayin.

Seriously though, thanks for spearheading this effort. Many will come. Many will not. I could end up in either category.

I agree. Their venue is fantastic. I mean amazing. I would schedule an event there in a heartbeat, but when it was mentioned here last year there was a lot of kickback about being too far, not in NC, blah blah blah. The Ranch offers a large dining areas, massive covered arena, killer trails, ponds, river, huge playground, cabins, camping and more.

I will perhaps consider planning something entirely different at The Ranch, perhaps next year. I have thought many times about putting together a ride, I should do it. Charge a fee that covers the venue, camping, and covers a dinner. Who would be interested in that?

I'll put money in a purse for an old school 1 shot hill climb on creampuff.

I will perhaps consider planning something entirely different at The Ranch, perhaps next year. I have thought many times about putting together a ride, I should do it. Charge a fee that covers the venue, camping, and covers a dinner. Who would be interested in that?

I would.
I'm 6h away but would drive there if there's a decent group to ride with.

I agree. Their venue is fantastic. I mean amazing. I would schedule an event there in a heartbeat, but when it was mentioned here last year there was a lot of kickback about being too far, not in NC, blah blah blah. The Ranch offers a large dining areas, massive covered arena, killer trails, ponds, river, huge playground, cabins, camping and more.

That's a hard yes for me. That is an event I would actually put in my calendar. Uwharrie, I can take it or leave it. But the Ranch is the TITS. I'd be there.

I want to go to the Ranch this year. If you or anyoen in this thread has a trip planned and would put up with my junk please let me know.

I'll make a motion that we move the Uwharrie event to the October date since the area will be overcrowded with events.

Well we just need to run Daniel and Dicky Bell and we should miss them.... :laughing:
Not if it is like Easter weekend. They plugged up Daniel worse than I-95 through Atlanta. Poser Rock was a parking lot that we had to push through and ask folks to move out of the way of the trail because of all the pretty Jeeps waiting to take their pictures.

I'll make a motion that we move the Uwharrie event to the October date since the area will be overcrowded with events.
I am waiting to hear back from the coordinator now to see if the JJUSA is conflicting.

But the Ranch is the TITS.
This!!

IMG_1030.jpg

Is there actual wheeling involved in this deal ? Or we sit around the campfire waxing our rigs while pretending we're better than overlanders ?

I told my wife I was throwing a party for our anniversary...and then took her and the youngins for a couple short hikes. Then drank...and drank some more...then scavenged for free food...then left so my girls could go to sleep. I did get off camber in the wife’s expy pulling up to the site and hit a couple mud puddles on the way out though.

Won’t be plugged when you bobbing and weaving through on a mini

Trail plugs really aren't the major issue during the Jamboree, it's the fact that if they rented a certain property to hold the venue, they won't share it. The trails are still open to everyone

I am down for an event at the Ranch. Also interested if anyone has a trip planned already and doesn't mind a fool size with a questionable driver tagging along.

Duane

Trail plugs really aren't the major issue during the Jamboree, it's the fact that if they rented a certain property to hold the venue, they won't share it. The trails are still open to everyone
I understand that, my comment was a bit of failed sarcasm I see. Again, I am waiting to hear back in asked her if they have the same venue or the training center. She said it is not on her calendar but needed to confirm.

I will ponder the idea and discuss it with The Ranch. Perhaps I would setup a ride there and proceeds from that go to Autism Awareness. My son is Autistic, and I’m just now opening up and talking about it. Still struggling with many things, but Autism Speaks has been a great resource for me, and something I’d love to support.

I didn't realize it was the same time as last year. For some reason I thought we did it in June. I've never been to a Jeep Jamboree. I assume it's like a Samurai meet where you all stand around and rub each others dicks together as a hand shake (I'm looking at you @Stuntman Autoworks ). Regardless, I'll do my best to be there. Even though I said I wouldn't, I may drag the shit box down for the shenanigans. At this point, I've been needing some more motivation to get it done.

I didn't realize it was the same time as last year. For some reason I thought we did it in June. I've never been to a Jeep Jamboree. I assume it's like a Samurai meet where you all stand around and rub each others dicks together as a hand shake (I'm looking at you @Stuntman Autoworks ). Regardless, I'll do my best to be there. Even though I said I wouldn't, I may drag the shit box down for the shenanigans. At this point, I've been needing some more motivation to get it done.
Ive only been to one samurai event, I am scarred from the things I have seen that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back