39.5 Boggered Tahoe...Woods Toy on 400acres

@marty79 i think you should try your hand at building a full on buggy. I think you have the full body rigs figured out, but small, low buggy would be sweet.
Probably take the same amount of tube as an exo-cage for a huge Tahoe.

Either way, start a build thread and get to work. Excited to see whatever you come up with.

I tripple dog dog dare ya!

But yes with the level of stuff you threw at previous rigs.....do a buggy. It just makes better sense to me to throw the level of parts you are building to a buggy. Lines and parks have change dramatically. You either buggy, truggy, beat the crap out of it, or do coffee cars and overland. The middle ground has become not blurry but really near non existent.

I tripple dog dog dare ya!

But yes with the level of stuff you threw at previous rigs.....do a buggy. It just makes better sense to me to throw the level of parts you are building to a buggy. Lines and parks have change dramatically. You either buggy, truggy, beat the crap out of it, or do coffee cars and overland. The middle ground has become not blurry but really near non existent.
You are right about there being no middle ground. I threw tons under my 09 Tacoma and first trip to Harlan with it beat the piss out of it. It needed tons of body work and I didn’t even roll it. Quickly sold it to a guy in Cali cause I needed a buggy. lol

@marty79 i think you should try your hand at building a full on buggy. I think you have the full body rigs figured out, but small, low buggy would be sweet.
Probably take the same amount of tube as an exo-cage for a huge Tahoe.

Either way, start a build thread and get to work. Excited to see whatever you come up with.
well despite I'm good at tubing work and angles, I don't like it lol. I invested in 10k for CNC table rather than high end Tubing bender which the toss up was between the 2. You're not the first person to mention me get into tubing work or building chassis but I figured why try and compete with the other well known builders out there, and plus with my rep in history of building abominations, pretty sure no matter how "good" I were to build a chassis, I still wouldn't gain the traction with that business so I chose the CNC Table instead. Someday, if my new hire works out well, I hope to have time to build one for me just so I can say I did but when I do, I HAVE TO have the funds to do it all the way right, absolutely NO shortcuts what so ever but I'm not there yet lol.

well rear is done lol. I unintentionally am now ending up with a LCOG build...hahaha oh well, it'll be stable and with the trails I'm seeing at the place we're making, I'm gonna need to be low to the ground and stable.
tahoe rear done.jpg

def gonna be doing some cutting...some body armor cut on my table and then full exo cage wrapping it up...gotta keep heat and A/C since it all works lol, nothing cooler than a woods toy to beat on and go where I want while having the luxury of heat and a/c lol..
and I bought HP tuners so now I can tune my own stuff...heck yeah

the rear won't last too long, I'm not happy with the 112 factory wheel base but stretching the rear will have to wait for Coilovers/4link/fuel cell to redo everything back there..this will have to do for now

Excited to see whatever you come up with.
hold off on exitement lol, this rig won't be nothing special till I get Coilovers and stretch/4link done in rear and coilovers up front too but now it's hurry up and get done so I can play since I have almost 400acres at my disposal

The middle ground has become not blurry but really near non existent.
I agree but none of my last 3 rigs have been middle ground, they've all been built to handle pretty good amount of stuff just in full body rather than tube chassis. The ZJ one was closest to a "chassis" (just cause it was basically all nothing but a cage on wheels lol) and that thing was the most fun to drive it through anything and not care, plowing over stuff rather than cutting lol. I broke 2 superduty shafts in that rig in Double Low just making trails and I miss that kinda fun, just not caring and that's what this Tahoe will be now. With almost 400acres 12min from my house, I won't need to go anywhere to wheel this thing, there's some stupid stuff out there that will most def require a beefy cage, beefy harness, and some big cohones to even attempt but I'm gonna cut those trails anyway and see what happens once I get cage and all done lol

something else that is kinda mind boggling is these 39.5 boggers Date code 2005 measure about 40.5 inches at 15psi and they're probably 70% new, the 42" Iroks I had on the mounty measured like 39.7ish...like WTH lol, I'll never go back to Iroks that's for sure. My buddy with 40" Yokahamas are about an inch shorter than these lol, he was pissed haha

something else that is kinda mind boggling is these 39.5 boggers Date code 2005 measure about 40.5 inches at 15psi and they're probably 70% new, the 42" Iroks I had on the mounty measured like 39.7ish...like WTH lol, I'll never go back to Iroks that's for sure. My buddy with 40" Yokahamas are about an inch shorter than these lol, he was pissed haha
They have probably grown a bit since 2005 due to inflation. :laughing:

well despite I'm good at tubing work and angles, I don't like it lol. I invested in 10k for CNC table rather than high end Tubing bender which the toss up was between the 2. You're not the first person to mention me get into tubing work or building chassis but I figured why try and compete with the other well known builders out there, and plus with my rep in history of building abominations, pretty sure no matter how "good" I were to build a chassis, I still wouldn't gain the traction with that business so I chose the CNC Table instead. Someday, if my new hire works out well, I hope to have time to build one for me just so I can say I did but when I do, I HAVE TO have the funds to do it all the way right, absolutely NO shortcuts what so ever but I'm not there yet lol.
I know what you mean about the business decision. I just think you’d really enjoy a chassis for yourself like you said. Not to sell, just for you to enjoy.

I know what you mean about the business decision. I just think you’d really enjoy a chassis for yourself like you said. Not to sell, just for you to enjoy.
yeah someday I will, it's having all the goodies will be the key to doing it!! for now, I wanna build this Tahoe and beat on it, play for a while. Enough with building rigs lol, I'm ready to play

The way that thread turned out I meant what I said, that was the last time I ever share anything personal again!
I got $10 that says you'll do it again!!!

I agree but none of my last 3 rigs have been middle ground, they've all been built to handle pretty good amount of stuff just in full body rather than tube chassis. The ZJ one was closest to a "chassis" (just cause it was basically all nothing but a cage on wheels lol) and that thing was the most fun to drive it through anything and not care, plowing over stuff rather than cutting lol. I broke 2 superduty shafts in that rig in Double Low just making trails and I miss that kinda fun, just not caring and that's what this Tahoe will be now. With almost 400acres 12min from my house, I won't need to go anywhere to wheel this thing, there's some stupid stuff out there that will most def require a beefy cage, beefy harness, and some big cohones to even attempt but I'm gonna cut those trails anyway and see what happens once I get cage and all done lol
This sounds like land clearing and not wheeling. You building a plow or a four wheel drive? And the acreage you keep humbly bragging about? What has that got to do with a build thread? :gtfo:

Better actually learn how to tune stuff. That's a science that even I haven't mastered yet. I've had HP Tuners for 10 years. It's one of the quickest ways to ruin an engine if you don't know what you're doing!

Better actually learn how to tune stuff. That's a science that even I haven't mastered yet. I've had HP Tuners for 10 years. It's one of the quickest ways to ruin an engine if you don't know what you're doing!
oh I never said I was going to tune stuff lol, heck no. I bought it so I can have my LS swaps remotely tuned and not have to send off the ECU and stuff...

Good soup. That's the same thing I do. Go ahead and invest in a good wideband O2 setup that will feed 5 volts to the interface so it can be included in the data log. Makes life WAY easier for you, the end user, and the tuner.

Good soup. That's the same thing I do. Go ahead and invest in a good wideband O2 setup that will feed 5 volts to the interface so it can be included in the data log. Makes life WAY easier for you, the end user, and the tuner.
do you have a link to this please, thank you.

This is pretty much what I have. Needs a 12v source, I used a cigarette plug. Then you run the 5v reference wire in to the HP Tuners interface.

No, they're not cheap, but it's an important tool to have.

Got my radius arms done..unintentionally ended up mounting up inside frame rails since I built the arms off the vehicle lol
20220421_070157.jpg
20220420_171323.jpg

Well its pretty much done. Nothing fancy or worth a build thread, its just another twin cased 1Ton rig on some boggers to play with. Not bad for under a month worth of work. Build the front bumper in 3hrs surprised it came out as good as it did lol. Yes the winch is recessed into the grill, I hate big bulky bumpers.
20220503_195308.jpg
20220503_195323.jpg
20220503_195255.jpg

Back