39.5 Boggered Tahoe...Woods Toy on 400acres

Rock lights installed and reverse switched lights mounted. My rock lights are those 6" pods that were on top so they're bright lol. Definitely coolest rig I've built, not the best looking haha.
View attachment 372731
Did you plate the stock steel unit? That is the shiniest rattle can black I've ever seen.

Well she's coming home after 3months of plowing through the woods...its nickname is "I-40" lmbo. Back half getting cut out, full hydro steering, rear 4link (air shock or coilovers?!), 241/241 doubler (ditch the 231 crawl box), and hoping a cage. Shes beat up pretty bad lol
20220807_083616.jpg
20220807_095957.jpg

Well I did a thing lmbo...hehe its gonna be awesome heat and a/c in short cab, buggy style suspension!
20220828_140915.jpg
20220828_140859.jpg

16" air shocks going in the back, later on 14" coilovers in front, full cage obviously as well

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the Abominable Hoe..."Killdozer" vol 2...bahahahaha lolol lmbo lmao. Going out for test run. Its not finished but ready to play for now
20221002_130902.jpg
20221002_130849.jpg
20221002_130837.jpg

Shoulda kept your tube bender
i have one coming to do cage work on 2 rigs...but I still wouldn't use it, ain't got time for no fancy junk on my rig. Having that said, the rest of the cage will be finished with a tubing bender just cause I'll have it, and it'll be quicker I suppose ...at least for the roof pieces haha. I don't care about looks obviously, i never have, but even more so on this rig cause well it gets abused a lot...I'm constantly running through crap where I play so having a nice or "good looking" rig is just out of the question and waste of time

but I din't make it but maybe 1/16 of a mile into the woods and lost all steering...WTH, second brand new pump apparently burned up somehow (I'm assuming?!?!), new orbital, new lines, new pump, new fluid, everything was flushed/drained during this redoing process ....drove around my house plenty of times the last few weeks, even for 20/30min long and today I get out in the woods, made it maybe 1500ft into the woods (tight turns everywhere) and then, bam, lost all steering..new power steering fluid smelled burned up, clear though, not foamy at all, no whinning in pump either...WTH so that was fun getting the rig turned around and driven out of the woods with no steering only straight lol

i have one coming to do cage work on 2 rigs...but I still wouldn't use it, ain't got time for no fancy junk on my rig. Having that said, the rest of the cage will be finished with a tubing bender just cause I'll have it, and it'll be quicker I suppose ...at least for the roof pieces haha. I don't care about looks obviously, i never have, but even more so on this rig cause well it gets abused a lot...I'm constantly running through crap where I play so having a nice or "good looking" rig is just out of the question and waste of time
Pro tip: Your customers will look at your own rig and make judgements about how attentive you'll be on theirs. Yours is/should be a rolling billboard for what you bring to the table.
That's something I read on the internet once. I have no real world experience with it.

but I din't make it but maybe 1/16 of a mile into the woods and lost all steering...WTH, second brand new pump apparently burned up somehow (I'm assuming?!?!), new orbital, new lines, new pump, new fluid, everything was flushed/drained during this redoing process ....drove around my house plenty of times the last few weeks, even for 20/30min long and today I get out in the woods, made it maybe 1500ft into the woods (tight turns everywhere) and then, bam, lost all steering..new power steering fluid smelled burned up, clear though, not foamy at all, no whinning in pump either...WTH so that was fun getting the rig turned around and driven out of the woods with no steering only straight lol
Id increase fluid capacity.

I'm betting its something else entirely but I have no idea what.

Last edited:
It’s a stock gm pump and a 2.5x10 single ended ram with factory size return line. I don’t see how the pump isn’t starving for fluid/cavitation when the ram is fully extended.

I would…add an external reservoir. Mount ithigher than the pump so it gravity feeds

It’s a stock gm pump and a 2.5x10 single ended ram with factory size return line. I don’t see how the pump isn’t starving for fluid/cavitation when the ram is fully extended.

I would…add an external reservoir. Mount ithigher than the pump so it gravity feeds

I would agree with you. When bleeding the system, he turned it to where the ram was fully extended, and said there was still fluid in the reservoir. When fully collapsed it did not overflow. Not really sure how both are happening, but I havent calc'd the volume either. More fluid definately cannot hurt.

After the 1st pump died, the magnet in the reservoir had shavings/debris on it. Id be interested to see if the 2nd on does. I suggested to try and flush the system and add a filter.

Pro tip: Your customers will look at your own rig and make judgements about how attentive you'll be on theirs. Yours is/should be a rolling billboard for what you bring to the table.
That's something I read on the internet once. I have no real world experience with it.
You're right, and those customers I don't care for. Judge me on my beat on rig , don't care to have your business. That's just me, I do just fine like it is.

You're right, and those customers I don't care for. Judge me on my beat on rig , don't care to have your business. That's just me, I do just fine like it is.
You realize they're not judging YOU, they're judging the work performed on your own rig as a comparison to the work they want done on their own.

Hey yall remember, if I cared what anyone thought of my rig I'd not share it lmbo. Carry on, I love it its mine to beat on and will go anywhere I want it too!

Back