39.5 Boggered Tahoe...Woods Toy on 400acres

Something about this just screams @XJsavage would drive it.
What Could Go Wrong Donald Trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

Something about this just screams @XJsavage would drive it.
Oh you damn right!

I've more than played around with the idea of pulling the drivetrain out of the Jeep and putting it in this:
IMG_20220410_143959_hdr.jpg

With Boggers, of course.

Just drove it down the road at 50mph.. Boggers are loud as hell, but it drove good. TJ springs ride a little soft but well see how it wheels. Now I really gotta get to trail clearing lol

I guess I missed it, but after the shop drama what happened to the Mountie?

You did use the proper *metric* bolts in the radius arm mounts at the axle, right?

Looks alright to me. I'd thrash it, but would definitely drop an LS in it.

Just drove it down the road at 50mph.. Boggers are loud as hell, but it drove good. TJ springs ride a little soft but well see how it wheels. Now I really gotta get to trail clearing lol
Coil springs for a 78-79 full size Bronco would probably have the correct rate.

Last edited:

I was going to say something similar. But more to the effect that Jeep springs under a full-sized ‘hoe will do that.

I know, because once upon a time, once upon a life ago, I may or may not have had a full size ‘hoe in a Jeep I was driving. Tire rubbage occurred. No pics for proof though. Cameras on phones didn’t exist (in my budget) back then, and I didn’t own a camera that would easily upload/transfer pics anyway. Good news for me. :laughing:

true but they are stiff as crap so I went with these since when I go coilovers, they will sell much easier being XJ/TJ/LJ springs rather than f150...we'll see how it wheels, rides like a caddy on the pavement lol

You did use the proper *metric* bolts in the radius arm mounts at the axle, right?

Looks alright to me. I'd thrash it, but would definitely drop an LS in it.
yeah thankfully I had some laying around, darn ford couldn't have just used normal people sized bolts could they!!

but would definitely drop an LS in it.
nah I'm not an LS fan for my personal rig, you know me I like being different so IF i ever do anything motor wise, you know it's gonna be something off the wall...johnfuller style LMBO.

man I'd like to but not really worth sharing any haha, the bumper and radius arms are the only things that look somewhat descent otherwise it was kinda cobbled together (swort of) in under a month to get it done so nothing worthy or proud to share hehe.
I got discouraged after spending good amount of time building the mounty to look pretty good and just to have to sell it so with this rig, I said screw that, I'm going back to building a toy and don't care what it looks like. This won't be in the public eye much anyways and if ever it is, well as usual it'll be a sight to see for sure!

having that 5 speed in Double Low is pretty awesome with the amount of gear options so I'm super exited to wheel it just because of that alone
1st gear DoubleLow is like retarted...2nd still pretty stupid slow, 3rd felt like you could meander through obstacles at good crawling momentum, 5th gear gave it maybe 12mph lol

Looks alright to me. I'd thrash it, but would definitely drop an LS in it

Honestly I think for trails the old Vortec 5.7s have plenty of umph. they groan a bit and make a lot of noise but they do move lol. then again Gearing is everything.

Looks sick. however i think it may need more Sawzall and some angle grinder to flex it out. sits low ish for those tires

Looks sick. however i think it may need more Sawzall and some angle grinder to flex it out. sits low ish for those tires
yeah I think you're right lol I'm probably gonna let the tires do the rest of the folding and marking haha

Honestly I think for trails the old Vortec 5.7s have plenty of umph.
this one has been tuned, has long tube headers and an intake so she screams pretty good but now in 2wd stock gears and those 40s, yeah it's weak not gonna lie

All these pics, not a single one on 400 acres
I just finished this rig, now I've got time to start on making trails lol. We kinda started last sunday, it's gonna be crapton of work but it'll be worth it. There will be pics and videos once I get a few made

Rock lights installed and reverse switched lights mounted. My rock lights are those 6" pods that were on top so they're bright lol. Definitely coolest rig I've built, not the best looking haha.
20220515_132427.jpg

Back