3DB Krawler

Cage has been removed, fully welded , and made its way back home. Ready for the last tie on to the engine cage/ front half.

Thanks @BigSouth for making the trek to Mayberry for couple days and giving me a hand with the heavy lifting. Nice to have a a willing shop hand for a bit.

6b491335365a5ee431f648b3e590f807.jpg

441804ecd643ea5db8c1c9b90e13d4dc.jpg

6dcf90383e2047519d4761d4a01f66af.jpg

25b4366911dc421281edd6e506adf73b.jpg

48b2190912a1d4db7f635097bd70abf9.jpg

Matt

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pretty sure money can’t buy this kinda education. Couple days in your shop has my noodle dreaming up all kinds of ideas for down the road. Little fuel and heavy lifting is a small price to pay.

Pretty sure money can’t buy this kinda education. Couple days in your shop has my noodle dreaming up all kinds of ideas for down the road. Little fuel and heavy lifting is a small price to pay.

Welcome to the addiction.
I warned you...
;)

Cage has been removed, fully welded , and made its way back home. Ready for the last tie on to the engine cage/ front half.

Thanks @BigSouth for making the trek to Mayberry for couple days and giving me a hand with the heavy lifting. Nice to have a a willing shop hand for a bit.

Matt

Very nice. I dont have a jeep and Id like a family version :bounce::bounce2:

You have taken all the measurements from this cage, right? I could see potential buyers for a built cage that they could simply bolt into their jeep.

You have taken all the measurements from this cage, right? I could see potential buyers for a built cage that they could simply bolt into their jeep.
shit, ain't nobody got time for that! and I'm not setup to operate that way. I do the max amount of custom work with the minimum amout of chinese tools... Anyone that has been to my shop could testify that there's not a lot of fancy tools to get the fancy outcome, just good with my hands, some welders, a handheld plasma, some bending apparatuses, and lots of grinders and such...

If someone wants a bolt in/weld in cage they need to call genright, smittybuilt, poison spyder, motobuilt, etc..

I couldn't and/or wouldn't ever build two just alike, similar but not the same.

Call me if you want something unique, unlike the last...bring me your junk with an open ended due date, cash, and creative freedom....but not until next year sometime- cuz my calender is covered...hood down ass up....

Edit; btw , I don't do gears, I'm not a mechanic, I will do new wiring and plumbing, I won't troubleshoot your mechanical/wiring issues, I won't source and clean your junkyard parts. This is not my primary income (also why you must have an open calender- primary income takes precendence), so until it is... I will be selective on the jobs I take on. Not trying to sound like a dick, just being honest.

matt

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
shit, ain't nobody got time for that! and I'm not setup to operate that way. I do the max amount of custom work with the minimum amout of chinese tools... Anyone that has been to my shop could testify that there's not a lot of fancy tools to get the fancy outcome, just good with my hands, some welders, a handheld plasma, some bending apparatuses, and lots of grinders and such...

If someone wants a bolt in/weld in cage they need to call genright, smittybuilt, poison spyder, motobuilt, etc..

Call me if you want something unique, unlike the last...bring me your junk with an open ended due date, cash, and creative freedom....but not until next year sometime- cuz my calender is covered...hood down ass up....

Edit; btw , I don't do gears, I'm not a mechanic, I will do new wiring and plumbing, I won't troubleshoot your mechanical/wiring issues, I won't source and clean your junkyard parts. This is not my primary income (also why you must have an open calender- primary income takes precendence), so until it is... I will be selective on the jobs I take on. Not trying to sound like a dick, just being honest.

matt

:rockon:HAHA, that is the exact response I expected... :rockon: Maybe should have included more obvious sarcasm in my question.

Put me 2nd in line. Do you take Credit Cards? Free shipping right? And can I get it by this friday?

matt

So one twin gets out of tech in a year, his brother has 3 years of college left..... So you have plenty of time to get caught up......

Not much shop time of late.

So I knocked out a small task, with the front bumper.

Working on finishing the tube work on the front half.

And a little brainstorming on console area.

074a63eaf0df7a01ef610caab1de3934.jpg

34e3fb9d80015540d9f44f9dc2e67151.jpg

fd5d8b48156126601c89cb366e2d83c0.jpg

79ee33ef9a9f66a78f2c046a5c21d34c.jpg

4904bc1df2838ea33cfe4d8655333227.jpg

d635071a812de586cbce57830c97f682.jpg

9b8eca2bf3263cc5e7c5556d26cd0513.jpg

Matt

This might be a dumb question but what’s the purpose of the heim and bushing going from the tube behind the grill to the stinger? Is that just to keep it detachable if need be?

Awesome build by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This might be a dumb question but what’s the purpose of the heim and bushing going from the tube behind the grill to the stinger? Is that just to keep it detachable if need be?

Awesome build by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bolt on bumper. Keeps it replaceable, and carry a couple spare suspension/ steering heims. It's not a coincidence that it's a straight line load path to the engine cage and roll cage.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Matt

If I lived closer I’d be a willing shop hand every day I’m off work just to learn those Jedi tube skills... badass work as usual!

Coming soon...

Shop is in full remodel and 5 year shop cleaning, got to the point last week where I was too busy tripping over and moving everyone's parts to make any progress. So all the shelving was purged and tooling has been reorganized... making room for a plasma table that will be arriving next week or so.

3 full builds getting glued together simultaneously. Won't be many days this winter when the stove isn't running hot!

... also heading to the Fabtech Expo next week in Atlanta. Moving forward with expanding tools and knowledge, and making industry connections.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back