4x4cross Bronco

HEY Guys this thing looks great its hard to believe this is the same Bronco I seen on day one of build. :beer:

Copied from the ''Raleigh work'' thread. Thanks Yager!

Yager wrote;

Bronco Task List:
Steering Shaft Bolt to box - Done
Harness Sub Belt Tabs - Done
Front Shocks Mounted - Done
Rear Shocks mounted - Done
Rear cross member and tow point added - DONE
Bend Shifter - Done
Ignition Switch mounted in dash - Done
Wiring harness pulled up - Done
ALL loose wires tied up - Done
Spark Plug Wires tied up - DOne
Other small features - DONE
Changed oil - Done
Blue Balls mounted - Done
John (Forman), Rob (Rockcity), John (BigJuggy), Kevin (BlkVoodoo), John (JPH1234) all showed up and we kicked some ass... We spent the better part of 4 hours and knocked out a good chunk of the list. Only some small items are remaining but we got more done than I was expecting...

Still some work to do tunign the carb and other small items, other wise were looking good...
_

Wow...looks like whole 'nuther rig!

Lookin' like a racer!

carb is tuned and most all the other odd and end things have been finished.

holy crap....comp's down for a couple weeks and BAM! things damn near done....dylan hope u still have that steering knob i hooked u up with noticed it wasnt on yet.....oh yea, i still hafta get up there and get my levels DOH needed em today lol, oh well my stepmoms attic floor is eyeballed now, shouldnt be too far off

holy crap....comp's down for a couple weeks and BAM! things damn near done....dylan hope u still have that steering knob i hooked u up with noticed it wasnt on yet.....oh yea, i still hafta get up there and get my levels DOH needed em today lol, oh well my stepmoms attic floor is eyeballed now, shouldnt be too far off
The chest impaler is mounted on there. :lol:

alh3.ggpht.com__jjMQi4Y0I9w_Sg8ZvOin_ZI_AAAAAAAACyU_5NJ_1CS7ZqI_s720_IMG_0323.JPG

You can see it in this pic:
alh3.ggpht.com__jjMQi4Y0I9w_Sg8ZsRt_cUI_AAAAAAAACyQ_gpLkuG7yGOs_s800_IMG_0320.JPG

Is she ready Yager? A little Scorpion lining will be just what it needs. Then it comes home to me for a couple days for some stickers and testing.
I have a field that I will try to get used to driving it in. See how the throttle response is...and the brakes. Gotta get the feel of the steering knob too. Learn the pull of the gears and how it responds to quick shifting, down shifting and what rpms it likes to be shifted at.:driver: I wonder how it drifts...can i power slide it from a down shift?...Will it get squirly when I power shift? Hmmm....lots of unknowns here.:confused:
I am excited, been hard to fall asleep the last few nights..I've been racing hundreds of laps in my head.

We will find out soon!

Is she ready ? I think as with most stops along the way, its in better shape than when it arrived. You will have to make the final decision of readiness.

Is she ready Yager? A little Scorpion lining will be just what it needs. Then it comes home to me for a couple days for some stickers and testing.
I have a field that I will try to get used to driving it in. See how the throttle response is...and the brakes. Gotta get the feel of the steering knob too. Learn the pull of the gears and how it responds to quick shifting, down shifting and what rpms it likes to be shifted at.:driver: I wonder how it drifts...can i power slide it from a down shift?...Will it get squirly when I power shift? Hmmm....lots of unknowns here.:confused:
I am excited, been hard to fall asleep the last few nights..I've been racing hundreds of laps in my head.
We will find out soon!

hey don't forget Dylan, you do get to prerun Friday.
starting at 1'oclock!

Going slow is fine with me......I'd hate to tear up the Bronco in the pre-run.

Speaking of that, I'd hate to tear it up in the race too.

The best scenario is for the winner to be able to wheel it the same day that they win it!

Back