4x4cross Bronco

great work ken. its looking like its ready to win a race.

Very very nice Ken. Seats look good sitting in there. How did you attatch the windshield?
I cant say thanks enough! It's really coming together now.

I drill 2 holes in top side of windshield and bolted a plate to that and the other side is welded to cage. that way windshield can be taken off if need be.

Hey man, if you want me to spray it, I gotta get it tonight. I'm going to be in Philly from Thursday-Sunday.

pm sent

I drill 2 holes in top side of windshield and bolted a plate to that and the other side is welded to cage. that way windshield can be taken off if need be.

You need to put a rubber bushing in there so the body can flex from the cage some of the windshield may get cracked if Dylan gets it airborne.

You need to put a rubber bushing in there so the body can flex from the cage some of the windshield may get cracked if Dylan gets it airborne.

there is enough flex in the rusty/broke ass windshield hinge that it will not need it :)

Can somebody please get me a few pics of the top of the windsheild frame, along with the roof line of cage? I'd like to get started on that bikini.

Can somebody please get me a few pics of the top of the windsheild frame, along with the roof line of cage? I'd like to get started on that bikini.

I can take some pics late tonight

I can take some pics late tonight

fantastic
And if you could snag some measurements too that would be even fantasticker ;-)

pics of tab from windshield to cage

100_4893.jpg

100_4892.jpg

Not to add any more work to the list, but as he said...it can't hard mounted to the cage or there will be problems.
The easiest and one of the best ways to do it is to put a small turnbuckle at each corner of the windshield to the cage. As such...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v131_SrKyAaTnE4162_DSCF0069_1.jpg

Just saying...less work for me to do when I win the bitch. :flipoff2:

I think what Ken did to the windsheild will prolly work. That hinge is in foul shape....if the windsheild does fly off..it will have that piano hinge attatched to it..lol

Those turnbuckles do look good tho...good idea there.

Well jph0913 and myself spent after another 4.5hrs of work, taping, covering, painting, etc..

the Bronco is now painted :)

jph0913(john) has some pics and he should post them later on when he gets home.

PS: yager it is ready to go to your house with a nice list of items to finish :)

Wow..I can almost see my reflection in it! Definately looks good in black. Good job guys:beer:

hehehe that reflection is only there because the paint was wet.. :)

Back