4x4cross Bronco

This is the Bronco build thread, not the international tunnel digging,ocean swimming,energy drink drinking 48 hours in a day thread...:shaking:

Bring us some Monster Ricky....pronto!

Hey Dylan, PM if you end up needing something transported either way, at least up to High Point from Raleigh. It looks like I am heading that way at least twice a week. Also I think I could haul the bronco if I could meet someone around Greensboro or High Point area and just swap trailers, all mine are tied up at the moment. I can pull bumper, pintle, and goosenecks.

I'm heading to UNC-G tomorrow afternoon, if you got something

Hey guys you'll never beleave this, but we had someone smaller than Dylan working on the Bronco last night. We have it on film, so yes it's not like a bigfoot siting!!!!

Update on the Bronco

Last night I met up with Snappy,Marvilusone,Mike J.,redneckjeep87,Njec4x4,BigRedB2,Chris Baldwin,(Nice to meet you Bigred and Chris)

I had finished up with cutting out the pass. wheel well and started taping up the dash knobs and guages for paint, when the crew started rolling in. Snappy brought some metaland a first aid kit,redneckjeep87 brought a steering wheel knob, electric fan and chrome aircleaner and started working on that. Marvilusone brought enough sundrop to wake evis, Chris Baldwin brought an aluminum racing seat, and Mike J. brought several cans of black spraypaint, and BigredB2 brought a fire extinguisher and a trick steering wheel.(we need an install kit....anybody???)
It was'nt long before BigRedB2 was on his way to Dominos.
A few large pizzas and a tanker full of Sundrop later....we started working.

The gas tank was removed along with some old braces to eventually make way for the fuel cell.
More floor support braces were fabbed up, along with cross braces and the main frame work. The new floor should be stout once all the final welding is finished....anybody???)) This is what a lot of the rear body work will be attatched to and supported by. All the new bracing was fabbed up and tacked into place, while Mike J. was busy spraying the engine bay and dash with some black paint he had donated. The fumes made us all eat more Pizza.:lol:
We cut the metal for the rear floor panel, while Chris Baldwin removed the windshield wiper and motor(it will go to the new owner). Redneckjeep figure out the Electric fans he had brought would not fit between the radiator and the pulley so we are staying with the factory fan. Later in the night we got a visit from Scott(Mud)Sills,Landon(Lbyota85), and Drew (Warrior Welding)
They were ther all the way from Bethlehem to size up the project and take some measurements for their contributions.more to come on that later!
We are making progress and the ole Bronco should be looking good when we're done! It's been a lot of fun so far and has been nice meeting and putting faces with names.

If anyone wants to join in on the fun/work, just give me the word. Right now, we may possibly have another work day on Friday eve,Sunday afternoon and Wed. evening. But if you want to come anytime, just let me know.

Thanks again to all the money supporters,parts donors and workers that are helping with this project.:beer:

Dylan, did you guys talk any about ideas or a size for a bikini top?
I have a lot of the baric I've used for my various ones, I'll make one if I can get dimensions etc.

Why remove the wiper? Planning to install a new one? Or is the windshield gone?
I actuallu had to use mine last year - May in mid NC... who knows it could be sloppy that day!
Depending on where it is next Friday, and where I have to crash that night, I may be able to put in several hours on it.

Last night I met up with Snappy,Marvilusone,Mike J.,redneckjeep87,Njec4x4,BigRedB2,Chris Baldwin,(Nice to meet you Bigred and Chris)
I had finished up with cutting out the pass. wheel well and started taping up the dash knobs and guages for paint, when the crew started rolling in. Snappy brought some metaland a first aid kit,redneckjeep87 brought a steering wheel knob, electric fan and chrome aircleaner and started working on that. Marvilusone brought enough sundrop to wake evis, Chris Baldwin brought an aluminum racing seat, and Mike J. brought several cans of black spraypaint, and BigredB2 brought a fire extinguisher and a trick steering wheel.(we need an install kit....anybody???)
It was'nt long before BigRedB2 was on his way to Dominos.
A few large pizzas and a tanker full of Sundrop later....we started working.
The gas tank was removed along with some old braces to eventually make way for the fuel cell.
More floor support braces were fabbed up, along with cross braces and the main frame work. The new floor should be stout once all the final welding is finished....anybody???)) This is what a lot of the rear body work will be attatched to and supported by. All the new bracing was fabbed up and tacked into place, while Mike J. was busy spraying the engine bay and dash with some black paint he had donated. The fumes made us all eat more Pizza.:lol:
We cut the metal for the rear floor panel, while Chris Baldwin removed the windshield wiper and motor(it will go to the new owner). Redneckjeep figure out the Electric fans he had brought would not fit between the radiator and the pulley so we are staying with the factory fan. Later in the night we got a visit from Scott(Mud)Sills,Landon(Lbyota85), and Drew (Warrior Welding)
They were ther all the way from Bethlehem to size up the project and take some measurements for their contributions.more to come on that later!
We are making progress and the ole Bronco should be looking good when we're done! It's been a lot of fun so far and has been nice meeting and putting faces with names.
If anyone wants to join in on the fun/work, just give me the word. Right now, we may possibly have another work day on Friday eve,Sunday afternoon and Wed. evening. But if you want to come anytime, just let me know.
Thanks again to all the money supporters,parts donors and workers that are helping with this project.:beer:

It was good to meet you guys had a blast hope to get down that way next week if i can get the time .

Windshield is still there. We are attatching the windshield to the top of roll bar somehow. Wiper might go back on, or if we can...maybe fold the windshield down for the race..IDK.
We have'nt actually place the roll bars yet, but will soon and when we do, i can get bikini top measurements. Lecha know.

dylan, any parts that you remove you can sell . any early bronco part can be sold. you can post the gas tank and whatever else over on classic or carolina broncos.com. if you post it here , i'll copy and paste it over there for you. its money to go back in the rig.

Thats a good idea. I will get some pics of the stuff for ya. So far we have the plastic gas tank, and the fuel tank selector and probably some leaf springs soon.

April 1st pics

I know, I'm slow, but finally here they are.
First we start the night out with Dylan practicing some driving skills
100_3212.jpg

Chris cleaning up for some welding of the rear floor support
100_3213.jpg

Little Snappy painting like a pro!
100_3214.jpg

More

A little motivational speech/union break time/three stooges
100_3215.jpg

Dylan showing off his fab skills
100_3216.jpg

Where we left off for the night
100_3217.jpg

Hey Dylan...................................................................................................................................................................................PICT0032.jpg

Shiny makes it faster!:beer:

Thursday update

Back at the shop for a couple hours tonight.
We managed to get the leaf springs swapped out. The replacements seem to flex more already.
Also Njec4x4 went and bought a steering wheel kit so he could mount the new bling bling steering wheel. So thats out of the way. I also painted up an old wheel and plan to mount the 33'' Bfg mud terrain that Njec4x4 donated.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a better steering set up? The one thats in the Bronco has so much play, and you have to turn it like a ship....I do have a steering knob.lol

Back