90's throw back.....Manche build

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160307_1441587bfa240da1f6148d4e00992ac8.jpg

Currently sitting 29" at the bottom of door, 71" to drip rail (+/-2" more to top of roof), 116.5" wheelbase- cheated 2" on front axle and 1 on rear (113.5 stock) still trying to maintain equal length shafts. Subframe will be +/-11" for a 20" belly. The cab is pretty wide at 54" inside the rockers, roughly 62"outside.<br />
I can still bring the shell down 2 more inches but I don't want to sacrifice head/legroom until I get some seats here.

Only if you have a set of red eliminator besides with similar patina for trade [emoji12]. After I'm done with the build we'll see what's of use to someone. Thanks.
No harm is asking right? I'm excited but being a hard cor xj/mj fan I'm disappointed you taking the easy way out! Making a frame instead of making that fit..... ;)

Not at all. I knew I might catch some grief for the chopping. But, I'm building it the way jeep should have done it 25 years ago....[emoji41]

I'd much rather chop a xj/mj over a cj any day. Butchered my 85 cj years ago and regret it now.

Are you going to have to use lowback seats?

Updates? You slackin?

Been a less than fruitful week, pic wise. Got the front axle stripped of paint and all my knuckle rebuild parts in. Started going back together, and apparently one of the inner c's has been torn off and reattached incorrectly. As well, my spool in the front mega hi 9 was broached with a worn tool and won't fit any of the 7-35 spline shafts I have. All sellers have been very helpful in getting back on track. Hope to find a remedy for the spool tomorrow, and spidertrax is helping me with a solution on the inner c. Pretty much at a stall until I can put this front end back together correctly to finish subframe layout. All part of the project drive, always bumps in the road.

Did get my headers in, eBay special turbo units, all stainless, with v bands, pretty sharp, especially for the price. Also my seats are here, and the remainder of my brake package came in, wilwood 4 pistons all around.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160317_49eda059844b0e9c036e2865ddadb4ee.jpg

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160317_57215c9bcd4dc156214fde7e89103cce.jpg

May go this way with the headers...It's their intended purpose anyway...

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160317_58aadcc769e3b97f557396ad5eafcce1.jpg

All paint gone, removed unnecessary tabs
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160317_0ee0970178ad2cec961c1d3b06e95ea6.jpg

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160317_2d720274ca956d221094790212b5c996.jpg

I can! I can!

he he he

I got nuttin. Looks like the knuckles might be off-center relative to the housing, but hard to tell if it's just perspective.

Look closely at the weld on the legs of both inner c's, robotic looking weld on right c, and stacked dimes mig on left c. This reared it's head while rebuilding the uniball king pins. Someone apparently damaged that side, and attempted a repair, but didn't put much caution in the dimensions. Therefore, the uniballs will not tighten up properly. Also, in the same repair, looking at the outer knuckle end pics, the centering for the unit bearing boss is pushed towards the 2 o'clock position rather than the same axis as the inner knuckle. This will not allow the shaft and unit bearing to line up correctly to the axis of the spool.

Needless to say, the drivers inner c is going under the knife this week.

Edit:
@shawn....I expected better from you..tssk tssk

Back