92 XJ project

thats just weird. were you able to get the miss alignment spacers to fit in the control arm brackets on the axle? i am assuming you did. but mileshigh tried that first and they wouldnt fit but fit perfectly into the bracket on the frame end. i dont know why RK would put them on the frame end. like i said before every other company that uses rubber bushings puts them on the axle end, with the exception of full traction but theirs look like hard poly urethane almost. i mean my RE long arm rides a lot better than my short arms did and the same with mileshigh's jeep

The RK Monster bushings is hard poly. So I dont know. Were his lower mounts bent? Mine went in w/o any problems but were a tight fit? I am curious about how it rides/ flexes w/ the poly down there.

Are you coming out to DPG on Saturday? Im gonna bring my junk out and would just like to see the differences on another XJ...

we are coming out there but i am driving an 07 super duty, haha not too good when it comes to flexing, i am towing my buddy's k5 on 44's up there. for some reason he wants to take it on the rocks. mileshigh is coming along but not bringing the xj or my tj.

I guess those .75" bolts look small compared to my 1.25" I only went bigger since I was only running 2 joints total. I think your setup will work well.
Hard poly doesn't flex well or absorb much of the road noise. I have them in my LCA's and have broke the sleeve around the bushings from it trying to flex. I was going to put rubber back in but opted to upgrade everything. Can we get picks of both setups?

the setup with the bushing on the axle vs the frame side. My reason originally was so that the rubber bushing would not see as much shock and would "cushion" the frame. But we aren't doing that, just running the RE joints, yeah the bolts do look small in the pics, but to see them in person..they are very beefy, might have some more progess done this weekend.

Zack

Yea ill take some pics but my xj wont be out there because i just sold my tires b/c im planing to do a 14bolt and hp 44 swap, i have flex my jeep out and it will cram the tires all the way up but i dont have a RTI ramp or fork lift to give a exact measurement. But like i said before my jeep rides good even when the rad is bumpy.

Got some more work done tonight, the rear bushings were a day early getting here, so we went ahead and installed the rear leafs. Pics are coming tomorrow, hopefully by this weekend we can put a major dent in the to do list.

Zack

Man I wish I coulod get started on mine. I have to wait until I get my Mustang done and drivable. Trying to put a motor together and installed along with a bunch of other stuff on it and gather the parts for the Jeep is hard. I think I have everything I need for the Jeep except the ds and some plat steel. Can't wait to see your girls when it is done.

got the rear finished up tonight, all it needs now are shocks and the rear is done. Got the bushings from Rusty's in on Wednesday.

ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f62_YJJPWrangler_xjpics010.jpg

After that, I threw the leafs up under the jeep and got everything tight. Today, we went by Fleetpride and got some new ubolts made. Came back and got the leafs bolted to the axle

ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f62_YJJPWrangler_xjpics012.jpg

ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f62_YJJPWrangler_xjpics011.jpg

Also got the RE extended rear brake line installed. Hopefully tom we can start assembling the LCAs and get those mounted.

Zack

what do you mean start doing them. like start and finish installing them or putting them together?

like finish putting them together and build the LCAs. Also, the temp in the shop hovers right around 40 degrees or so, makes it hard to work but the LCA should be built by tom or so.

Zack

ah look he is tryin to give excuses why it isnt getting finished. i dont remember when 40 degrees stopped me and eric from working on my tj under the carport until 9 and 10 at night. hell it was probably colder than 40. took us like 2 months to figure out that there was a big gas heater in the basement :lol:

haha yea well i was lying in the dirt next to the carport installing that RK long arm kit in that weather. ANd damn if you cant were a jacket either...that shop at least protects you from the wind. hahaha suck it up zack. At this rate chris will have his cherokee built and i will have my 1 ton axles under my cherokee before you finish this thing... and we havent even started on either one of our projects. hahaha

we are getting the last joint this weekend, so we should be putting them back together. Familyxj, that motor looks nasty...heres an idea..put that in the jeep:bounce2: . any numbers on that motor?

Zack

Back