92 XJ project

bout damn time

Well, the dang thing is done, we pulled it out of the shop at midnight last night. Between us working, waiting on parts/money and other various things, the jeep just sat and sat. I'll get some pics up later tom or sometime, it looks good, we will definately have to do fender trimming and we might have to step up to 5.5" coils instead of the 4.5" But for now, its out of the shop :driver:

Zack

which one? cus the tj is finished. actually gettin ready to put some bigger tires on it as soon as my buddy gets his tires pulled off his jeep so he can put them on mine. i am holding off on the cherokee for a while since i got a new toy that is gonna take up most of my spare time

pics

here the pics that zack hasnt put up...it looks good im just worried about how small the bolts are on the frame side of the lower control arms.
jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

Good job young lady.....not many out there willing to strap on coveralls and get er done. Now you can sit back and ponder any concerns and potential changes.

:beer:

3/4" grade 8 + welding them to RE joints= weaker than grade 8 bolts does it not? would 7/8" or 1" bolts have been better...i mean doesnt RE and Rock Krawler use around a 7/8" bolt

im not sure what RK or RE uses but we still have to do some minor tweaking to the front end, shes not driving it on the road for nowIf you look closely the front wheels are set back an inch or so. We have some longer lcas that we are gonna put in that should bring everything even and it will reduce the level of stress on those bolts.

Zack

hmmm yea i agree it needs about 2" longer lower control arms but the laws of physics disagree with your statement.

the longer your arms the more torque and stress will be applied to the end of the control arm which would be that grade 8 bolt and the weld that holds it to that end. Im not trying to bash you or anything like that im just expressing my concern to you, what you do with it is your call. I just dont want to see it on the trail with a broke ass control arm or worse it breaks going down the road. Because 3-link minus 1-link = serious accident or worse death.

hmmm yea i agree it needs about 2" longer lower control arms but the laws of physics disagree with your statement.
the longer your arms the more torque and stress will be applied to the end of the control arm which would be that grade 8 bolt and the weld that holds it to that end. Im not trying to bash you or anything like that im just expressing my concern to you, what you do with it is your call. I just dont want to see it on the trail with a broke ass control arm or worse it breaks going down the road. Because 3-link minus 1-link = serious accident or worse death.

What he's trying to say is that he's making longer control arms so that there is less of the bolt's shank (or none) showing. I've seen a few spherical joints fail, and almost all were due to a bent shaft. The more it's threaded into the control arm, the less chance there is of that happening.
I also agree that I would have used no less than 1" on a radius arm, but I've seen EB guys use 3/4" heims on their extended arms more than once...

^^ Thats exactly what I was trying to say. We should be swapping out the lcas for the longer ones in a week or two, then we are gonna swap in a SYE kit on the xfer case.

wait so you made a second set of lower control arms or you are extending the existing ones?

but what you are really trying to say is that me and brett were right from the get go. ha

nope not at all...we made a second set just in case something like this happened. we had all the material already and it doesn't take too long to make them. I'm just wondering where I said yall were right :fuck-you:...got those 37s yet?

Zack

dont worry about my 37's. you just worry about making sure that cherokee is safe to drive

honestly, whats with all this bs? When did I say this was completely done? I never said she was going to DD it, it hasn't been on the road at all. Hell, it hasn't moved more than 100ft since we got it out of the shop. I appreciate the concern but the Jeep won't be driven until everything is right(longer lcas and a SYE). I'm not going to let her drive it until everything checks out on it.

Zack

Well, the dang thing is done, we pulled it out of the shop at midnight last night. Between us working, waiting on parts/money and other various things, the jeep just sat and sat. I'll get some pics up later tom or sometime, it looks good, we will definately have to do fender trimming and we might have to step up to 5.5" coils instead of the 4.5" But for now, its out of the shop :driver:
Zack

uhm... well correct me if i am wrong zack, but i believe that this ^ is when you said it was done. notice how you said "Well, the dang thing is done" :fuck-you::fuck-you::fuck-you:

Back