A-1

You finished this thing yet?

Have you considered machining it from billet aerokraft grade al-u-menium on 7-axis DMU?

I've got one of those DMU doohickeys in my garage. Feel free to come by, I'll show you how it werks. :lol: Me and my crew build the coolest gizmoids and widg-hats.

For the sake of accuracy, $5k per knuckle, but apparently that's what he was expecting...:rolleyes:
to be fair....with who he is working with....I mean...we are talking $350k cars....
If it worked that wouldnt be the show stopper.

Im not sure the IF is satisfied though

to be fair....with who he is working with....I mean...we are talking $350k cars....
If it worked that wouldnt be the show stopper.

Im not sure the IF is satisfied though
Most things work for a little while, and you can do just about anything once. I can't see enough to know for sure about his design and I'm not a guy who designs knuckles or any other suspension components for a living, but in my opinion, aluminum is a poor choice for that area. A beefy cast or fabbed knuckle is probably 15lbs and sees some of the highest stresses on the entire vehicle, and is catastrophic if it fails. Aluminum probably saves 5-7 lbs per corner. But if you're building for the computer, what difference does it make...

point taken - I think you are a little light - I think my reid knuckless were ~26lb each.
But it doesnt matter what they weigh if they are crumbled

So is this a good spot to post my dream of building a 7.3 Godzilla off road toy?

Most things work for a little while, and you can do just about anything once. I can't see enough to know for sure about his design and I'm not a guy who designs knuckles or any other suspension components for a living, but in my opinion, aluminum is a poor choice for that area. A beefy cast or fabbed knuckle is probably 15lbs and sees some of the highest stresses on the entire vehicle, and is catastrophic if it fails. Aluminum probably saves 5-7 lbs per corner. But if you're building for the computer, what difference does it make...
A machinist friend of mine once told me if you want it out of aluminum but you want it to be just as strong as if it were steel, then the aluminum part should weigh the same as the steel one.
Maybe he should get that knuckle done in titanium. 🤣

So is this a good spot to post my dream of building a 7.3 Godzilla off road toy?
3611C4B5-1D61-4B95-9B55-679E4E72CEB5.jpeg

:flipoff2:

A1 is good on a cheeseburger pizza too. Just saying!

Back