A TJ named Corn Squeeze 🌽

ponykilr

Old Crow
Been looking for a decent Tacoma or TJ for a while but rust free and not beat to crap are not common.

May have found a good 2000 TJ and we’re going to check it out tomorrow. What are the common things to look for?

I know about frame rust but what else should I pay close attention to? I have not seen any I was able to get past the frame rust. This one is farther east and supposedly has zero rot and pics seem to confirm. It has 137k, 4.0 5spd. Air is supposed to be cold.

This one was damaged by a deer and the paint on the hood and right fender have a different sheen, guy was honest about it. Has a steel wedge type winch bumper and winch but otherwise looks stock. Carpet is out. Seats are very nice condition but that weird splotchy multi-color cloth.

4.0 is pretty bulletproof if I remember but fine points to look/listen to?

Been looking for a decent Tacoma or TJ for a while but rust free and not beat to crap are not common.

May have found a good 2000 TJ and we’re going to check it out tomorrow. What are the common things to look for?

I know about frame rust but what else should I pay close attention to? I have not seen any I was able to get past the frame rust. This one is farther east and supposedly has zero rot and pics seem to confirm. It has 137k, 4.0 5spd. Air is supposed to be cold.

This one was damaged by a deer and the paint on the hood and right fender have a different sheen, guy was honest about it. Has a steel wedge type winch bumper and winch but otherwise looks stock. Carpet is out. Seats are very nice condition but that weird splotchy multi-color cloth.

4.0 is pretty bulletproof if I remember but fine points to look/listen to?
With a screw driver check the rear control arm mounts at the frame.

With a screw driver check the rear control arm mounts at the frame.

20200409_092439.jpg

I know about frame rust

not like this GIF

Yeah my shit lookeded great..till the screwdriver from hell

So try to stick the screwdriver through the frame in that area?

So try to stick the screwdriver through the frame in that area?
yup....like you're tryin to reach that last 2" her baby daddy never could

Underside of the front fenders where the sheet metal is doubled up under the flat part. The piece on the bottom is ribbed and holds salt and water in between the layers. There are three body mounts under the doors in the middle of the chassis. Check body/sheet metal side of the one in the middle and the rearmost one. Check the underside of the frame around the skid plate bolts (it's kind of like a nutsert in the bottom of the frame), and in the area around the lower rear control arm mount - right near the mount and just aft of it before the frame starts to turn up.

Look for damage to the PS front upper and lower control arm mounts and the frame horn as well (deer).

Is there a tag anywhere to tell what axle ratio without looking at the tag on the cover?

Is there a tag anywhere to tell what axle ratio without looking at the tag on the cover?
should be a tag on the diff cover bolts unless they/it has been removed. I'm thinking it for sure should be on one of the two. My old brain is saying the front most likely. Also most likely 3.07s.

Well...

Got messaged that the heep is sold.

Looking at a different one tomorrow that is more $ 😑

:nopics:

Back