A TJ named Corn Squeeze 🌽

As described aren't these always priced high? What is an appropriate price range these days?
Right now especially high but I got this for what a decent regular TJ is going for. The guy seemed to not understand the special nature of the R. I saw some Rs going for 3-5k more on CL and FB around the state.

I even got it 1400 less than the already great asking once he saw the money. His youngest starts college in the fall and I would assume the money is needed.

His neighbor was a notary so easy peasy.

He has a regular 4 door JL as well.

We just drove 300 miles of back roads to JoCo today and it did perfect. It used no oil I can tell and just goes about its business like it should.

Love that Ruby!!! Welford Harris in Siler City has a 2005 TJ that is very stock. It only has 45k miles on it and the salesman said alot of those were due to being towed behind an RV (has tow bar). :shaking: The paint is fair but its no show piece. Low low price of $15,995!!!!
If anyone sees what they consider to be a deal I am still looking for a TJ or JK for my daughter.

Any of y’all have the bikini/bimini tops? I’m thinking you’d still get soaked in a rain.
"Summer mode" for ours is stock top, rear window, and some combination of hard doors, half doors w/o windows or no doors. So long as you stay moving, it stays pretty dry inside. Stop, and drips on the a pillar will get you. Not a big deal.

Love that Ruby!!! Welford Harris in Siler City has a 2005 TJ that is very stock. It only has 45k miles on it and the salesman said alot of those were due to being towed behind an RV (has tow bar). :shaking: The paint is fair but its no show piece. Low low price of $15,995!!!!
If anyone sees what they consider to be a deal I am still looking for a TJ or JK for my daughter.
There is a blue Rubicon in GB or Winston FB MP (I believe) for 14,xxx if I remember right. That’s about going rate it seems which is why I was so thrilled to find this one.

Heck I see regular 4cyl TJs with no air in the 10k zone, crazy times. Every TJ I saw much under 10k had rusty frames once you pried the truth out of the seller on the phone. They usually added “but I’d still drive it anywhere” 🙄

We are very happy to have found this one and the one that was sold the day before we could see it was a blessing in disguise.

Seems looking around Raleigh east gets some that are not rusty. All from Winston north and west seem to have the cancer.

Last edited:
"Summer mode" for ours is stock top, rear window, and some combination of hard doors, half doors w/o windows or no doors. So long as you stay moving, it stays pretty dry inside. Stop, and drips on the a pillar will get you. Not a big deal.
That’s what I have done as well, roll up the back window and roll down the glass windows up front or remove doors.

You looking mostly stock? A buddy is looking to sell his tj on 35s. Priced about 10k. Manual 4.0, Dana 30 with an arb, 8.8 rear.

You looking mostly stock? A buddy is looking to sell his tj on 35s. Priced about 10k. Manual 4.0, Dana 30 with an arb, 8.8 rear.
It is nice, just more trail oriented than I wanted.

Damn. I guess I got lucky on my daughter's 1.5 years ago. 99, 4.0, auto. No air. (I'll be putting that in this summer) It was bone stock when we got it with no frame rust or any rust for that matter. $6900. I guess purple isn't for everyone.
20200919_154757.jpg

Damn. I guess I got lucky on my daughter's 1.5 years ago. 99, 4.0, auto. No air. (I'll be putting that in this summer) It was bone stock when we got it with no frame rust or any rust for that matter. $6900. I guess purple isn't for everyone.
View attachment 346689
Yeah they were reasonable then. Crazy now.

I sold my 2002 CCSB 7.3 Lariat 4x4 for 26k cash money last month 😮

You gotta look hard for deals these days.

Money is worth a lot less when they’re creating cash from thin air…

I want to keep the front fenders intact. Would a shorty winch bumper look right with full fenders?

I am looking at rear bumpers with integrated hitch and tire carrier too.

Well I have the chime and dome working correctly thanks to the forum.

We had an uneventful and fun trip home. We went the northern route but came home the southern route. We went through Cary to 64 and followed it west all the way to Lexington. That is pretty country through there. We picked up 601N and went home to Surry.

Mileage was about 16.5, about what I would expect. I do feel a slight vibe at times and plan to check all the U-joints, they are probably original. Front brakes will need attention in the next 5k probably.

Still have to figure out cruise control. After reading the owners manual I believe that the brake switch will not keep it from turning on but would keep it from setting. Since this one wont turn on, I need to check the switches and wiring to begin figuring it out.

Looking at rear bumpers with integrated hitch and tire carrier.

Looking at front winch bumpers too.

The craziest development is my wife is totally smitten with the Jeep (even though we’ve had previous Jeeps) and has begun to talk about a new 4 door to replace her beloved CRV 😮

Think I’m going to start a build thread even though “building” isn’t exactly accurate right now.

Well I have the chime and dome working correctly thanks to the forum.

We had an uneventful and fun trip home. We went the northern route but came home the southern route. We went through Cary to 64 and followed it west all the way to Lexington. That is pretty country through there. We picked up 601N and went home to Surry.

Mileage was about 16.5, about what I would expect. I do feel a slight vibe at times and plan to check all the U-joints, they are probably original. Front brakes will need attention in the next 5k probably.

Still have to figure out cruise control. After reading the owners manual I believe that the brake switch will not keep it from turning on but would keep it from setting. Since this one wont turn on, I need to check the switches and wiring to begin figuring it out.

Looking at rear bumpers with integrated hitch and tire carrier.

Looking at front winch bumpers too.

The craziest development is my wife is totally smitten with the Jeep (even though we’ve had previous Jeeps) and has begun to talk about a new 4 door to replace her beloved CRV 😮
Oh lawd she got the jeep thing

Well I did a couple of things today.

I connected #1 and #4 wires at the locker switch so I can lock the axles in any T-case position (stock you can only lock in 4 Lo).

I bent the #1 pin over on the fog lamp relay so they work on high beam.

I replaced the KC HiLites relay to get the aux lights working, old relay was stuck.

I routed my GPS power cable behind the center dash bezel so it wasn’t flopping around.

I’m going to O’Reilly in a few to get a brake switch with fingers crossed my cruise works after.

Ordering brake rotors and pads tonight.

@shawn can you just move this to build threads?

Good to see other Jeeps not modded so extremely. No offense obviously to those that do but more conservative mods and keeping it looking more factory is what does it for me. Letting more hidden mods do the talking...

@CasterTroy from Rusty’s Offroad?

What would cutting down the factory bumper and adding a winch plate look like...?

Back