A TJ named Corn Squeeze 🌽

@jeepinmatt deleted his post saying you were wrong which in turn made me re-read the original post. I somehow missed the part where the OP asked if it would be anywhere ELSE besides the diff cover. Apparently Matt missed it too but had the quick thinking to delete before anyone noticed :laughing:
Close enough. I decided the post was getting too long and I didn't want to be the jerk that said you were both wrong. :D

It’s a 04 Rubicon. Great shape, not offroaded and no rust. Has 180k driving back n forth to SC to school. Guys son used it during his college years.

The cruise isn’t setting or coming on as far as I can tell so I need to check that out.

Has new 285 Kumho Road Venture tires, 3 inch springs and other that that seems stock.

5 spd trans, 4:10s and soft and hard tops. I have to go back for the hard top. Has an aftermarket front track bar. I tried to make it cut up or death wobble on the way home but it just drives great

Clean and not beat up. I had a yellow 05 Rubicon I bought new so seems like deja vu all over again.

7B0A8D6F-D6B1-409E-955C-9457687959EB.jpeg

It’s a 04 Rubicon. Great shape, not offroaded and no rust. Has 180k driving back n forth to SC to school. Guys son used it during his college years.

The cruise isn’t setting or coming on as far as I can tell so I need to check that out.

Has new 285 Kumho Road Venture tires, 3 inch springs and other that that seems stock.

5 spd trans, 4:10s and soft and hard tops. I have to go back for the hard top. Has an aftermarket front track bar. I tried to make it cut up or death wobble on the way home but it just drives great

Clean and not beat up. I had a yellow 05 Rubicon I bought new so seems like deja vu all over again.

View attachment 346418
Oh man that's the wrong color.

Man I dig it. Yellow and blue are my favorite colors. Really tempted to do all 80's look on mine with a combo of the two.......of course the comic Wolverine shades as well.

Cause it was chilly up the mountain bro….and she said so 😂
Coldest I’ve ever been in a vehicle was summertime and took the top and doors off and took off from the house to Mt Mitchell. It was in mid 80’s at the house and headed up Pisgah hwy from the house to the BRP and pointed it north then it started misting rain and by the time we got to Mt Mitchell it had dropped to the low 50’s. All we had on was shorts and t shirts and we were wet and frozen. I would have traded the TJ for a $1000 shitbox with a heater at the top of the mountain.

Coldest I’ve ever been in a vehicle was summertime and took the top and doors off and took off from the house to Mt Mitchell. It was in mid 80’s at the house and headed up Pisgah hwy from the house to the BRP and pointed it north then it started misting rain and by the time we got to Mt Mitchell it had dropped to the low 50’s. All we had on was shorts and t shirts and we were wet and frozen. I would have traded the TJ for a $1000 shitbox with a heated at the top of the mountain.
Yeah when you go from here in Lowgap and climb up to the height of the parkway and higher it can change a good bit. The sun was in and out too.

I have backpacked the Crest Trail from Mt Mitchell in summer and if you don’t bring warm stuff you can get into trouble at night.

Fresh oil change, a couple of bulbs and fixed a headlamp connector.

Going to JoCo for a few days, haven’t seen my sisters since Easter and Angie’s folks since before that.

Coldest I’ve ever been in a vehicle was summertime and took the top and doors off and took off from the house to Mt Mitchell. It was in mid 80’s at the house and headed up Pisgah hwy from the house to the BRP and pointed it north then it started misting rain and by the time we got to Mt Mitchell it had dropped to the low 50’s. All we had on was shorts and t shirts and we were wet and frozen. I would have traded the TJ for a $1000 shitbox with a heater at the top of the mountain.
Temp difference between the foothills and Mitchell will get you every time. Went to Mitchell on a ride one time wearing warm weather gear. Was 80s in the clt area. By the time I hit craggy gardens it was high 30s with weather coming in. We turned around and gtf off the mountain as quick as we could. Clutch and front brake wasn't gonna happen with my frozen ass hands. Bottom line, elevation is a game changer.

May it get warm enough for top and doors off for you soon.🤞
No doubt back east but rain is in and out next few days I believe.

Any of y’all have the bikini/bimini tops? I’m thinking you’d still get soaked in a rain.

Temp difference between the foothills and Mitchell will get you every time. Went to Mitchell on a ride one time wearing warm weather gear. Was 80s in the clt area. By the time I hit craggy gardens it was high 30s with weather coming in. We turned around and gtf off the mountain as quick as we could. Clutch and front brake wasn't gonna happen with my frozen ass hands. Bottom line, elevation is a game changer.
Yeah I grew up in the mountains and know all about the temps.

As described aren't these always priced high? What is an appropriate price range these days?

No doubt back east but rain is in and out next few days I believe.

Any of y’all have the bikini/bimini tops? I’m thinking you’d still get soaked in a rain.

I got caught in a heavy rain coming home from work (hour ride), threw the stock top up (no sides) got soaked - was better with the top down when moving.

Back