[Apr 20, 2012] Down & Dirty for Life - A Cancer Benefit & Open Ride at The Flats (Marion, NC)

As I am new to N.C. And the area and trails is this a ride a stock 99 4runner can do? Also I would be glad to post some flyers at my office (Facebook) as well.. Look forward to meeting all you new folks!!!
Interesting screen name there gunny. Does it correlate to an E-7? Be careful coming to the open invites around here cause you may not be stock for long if the fever sets in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Interesting screen name there gunny. Does it correlate to an E-7? Be careful coming to the open invites around here cause you may not be stock for long if the fever sets in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I already have the fever as I just sold my 98 on 33's.. I am just on the kid program as far as lifting this rig. ( when my kids allow me to spend $ on myself and not them)...gunny is actually just a nickname. Last name is Gunderson but I get that a lot...thanks for all the info and I will see you guys there.. Can't wait

We are less than a week away boys and girls. Who's ready to have some fun?

Get those rigs ready. It's less than a week. And don't forget that you will want to be in on this raffle. And lets see who is ready to play Angry Birds Live. I can not wait to see this one.

It looks like it gonna rain this weekend! I would love to come to the flats just once in the dry! :mad: I'm coming either way, but it would be nice to go just once with it dry. That place gets slippery when its wet!! Not to mention it sucks wheeling in the rain with no windows or doors! Maybe it'll change by then.

Here's a list of the activities Saturday:

Concessions will be available starting around 11am. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs with all the fixings.

Hill Climb Competition - 5pm
Raffle, 50/50 drawing, Quilt Auction - 6:30pm
Luminary lighting - Dusk
Wheeling to end by 9:30pm
Unfortunately, this had to be a rain or shine event due to conflicts with other American Cancer Society events. If the weather turns out bad we will just make the best of it. All activities will proceed as planned unless the weather is actually dangerous at the times listed.

Bring your raincoats and come on out. We will be there all weekend camping and having fun.

Here's a list of the raffle items. Tickets are $1 each. We will also have a 50/50 drawing. Tickets for that are $2 each or 3 tickets for $5. Half of the money from the 50/50 ticket sales will be paid out to the winner.

Raffle items:
Smittybilt XRC8 winch from everyone affected by cancer
Anonymous - Oil Change Kit for Jeep 4.0 (Oil, Filter, Drain Pan)
Barnes 4WD - 14 bolt axle truss
ECORS - T-shirts
Ironman4x4Fab.com - HD Aluminum Tie Rod for TJ/XJ, or MJ
Minton Automotive - Oil Change Gift Certificates
Mudpro Metalworks - Gift Certificates
NC4x4 - Premium Subscriptions, T-shirts, Stickers, Koozies
NC4x4 and Oliver's Custom Drive Shaft - Corbeau Suspension seat with harness set
People's Bank - Golf Umbrella
Rides Conover Nc - T-shirts, Stickers, and a Gift Certificate
Snappy - Blue Point Tool Kit
Sawmills Hardware - Rachet Straps
Thunder Motorsports - $100 off set of 5 33" or larger tires
UJoint Offroad - Blue Torch Fab Battery mount
Will probably have a few more items donated before the raffle too. There are some really great items available. Can't wait to give this stuff away. Thanks to everyone who has donated.
Don't forget about our Angry Birds game sponsored by Carolina Truggies.

Pending head gasket install on the heep it'll be there but the wife and i will be there rain or shine( might just have to watch y'all have the fun).

I plan to be there... I can bring "ANY" of the item's I have For Sale or can transport almost anything back to the Sanford area

I will be there early Friday so I will open the gate up around 11:00am if anyone wants to come earlier. This is gonna be fun!!!!!!!

Sounds sweet man really wish I could make it.

We now have a VERY SPECIAL guest coming on Saturday. I got a phone call this afternoon from the Hickory Crawdads Baseball team. Conrad the Crawdad will be there on Saturday. So bring the kids and get their picture made with Conrad.

Back