[Apr 20, 2012] Down & Dirty for Life - A Cancer Benefit & Open Ride at The Flats (Marion, NC)

Getting excited!!! Probally gonna get there early, a woman driving a bus (motor home) needs alot of room...lol
See you all soon!!!! :)

looks like the chance of rain is getting less and less. It now says scattered T showers and only 30% chance. Looks like it's going to be a great day to wheel.

We're still just spectators, but plan to drive out for a while on Saturday... maybe see some folks we haven't seen in a while. :)

We're still just spectators, but plan to drive out for a while on Saturday... maybe see some folks we haven't seen in a while. :)
Gonna be nice to see you guys again!!! Hop in Pinky if you want. Just a warning, she flips now...lol

Right now I have Saturday off and arrangements for the wife to keep the kids. I'll have to see if I can make it through the day tomorrow without being told I have to work Saturday.

the Jeep is packed. The minivan is LOADED with raffle prizes and tents so I have somewhat of a roof over my head tomorrow night and Saturday night. John is going first thing in the morning. I have to hang around home a little bit so I can pick the kid up from school once he has been there long enough to count for the day. I can't wait to see everyone. Let's go wheeling.

BigJUGGY Bros loading up now...see y'all tonite!!

We are here now and are ready to do some wheelin!

some of our group will be there tomorrow

Half night work tonight, The Flats early Am, then back to work half night Saturday night. Sucks to have to do this but could not miss this event!

Working tonight but get off at 7 and hope to be on the road by 8 so will see yall there tomorrow

I'm glad I got to make it out today, I forgot my camera at home but my buddy took a few videos with his phone. Thanks Rock Core 4x4 and NC4x4 for hosting this event! I ended up having to winch off the rock in the 2nd vid.

Three :beer::beer::beer:s for the Rock Corps Folks!!!! ...sorry guys, those are really "root beers". :lol:

Great event for a very worthy cause... thank you for hosting it! :burnout:

We had a great time today! Thanks to all who helped put this together. It was good to see everyone. I took my old roomate with me. He thought we were going to be riding dirt road style trails. His response was "this is a testosterone playground! What guy wouldn't enjoy this?" LOL

Well I liked it untill I got kicked out. Here Is something to remember when you go to the flats. (DON'T SPIN MUD AT THE MUD PITS). You'll. Get kick out. Ironic. Isn't it. We'll. Thanks for the day I hope you raised a lot of $ for breast cancer. Like. My wife said stuff like
That has really helped. Good luck.

There were four rigs asked to leave. Two were newer model Nissan Titan trucks, two were older model Ford trucks. Spinning mud is not an issue, but when you back up and intentionally spin mud to cover up the port a johns then it is an issue. This type of behavior will just not be tolerated. Total disregard for other peoples property. While it may seem fun or funny, it isn't. I would not be surprised if the company who owns the two units did not charge us extra for the extra cleaning involved.
In the case of the first two asked to leave, alcohol was involved. IN the second situation, they were just trying to see who could spin the most mud in 2 WD. I had the displeasure of being involved in both situations.
This was the first time in The Flats history that we have ever had to tell anyone to leave. More than likely this will result in filling in the what used to be a small mud hole, that turned into a large slip and slide, so that a repeat will not happen.

night rain washed some of it off, but here's a pic of what was done.

port a pottys.jpg

Chip, and Rock Corps... I would like to be the first to thank you for sticking to your guns and handling those type situations. Over the years, my wife and I have seen far too many nice events ruined by idiots and drunks. It's a nice feeling for us to know we can plan to spend a day at places like The Flats or The Farm and not have to put up with nonsense like that. I salute you! :beer: (and this is root beer)

Back