Assault rifle sales

I have two young kids in the house some may call it extreme but I don't allow toy guns play guns etc guns are not toys and if you see them as toys as a kid when do you realize they arnt anymore?
That made me think.
Been around guns all my life. Always had toy guns and knew the difference. Got my first red ryder bb gun at 5, first crossman pump at 7. Was shooting .22's and .410's by the time I was 9. I had 3 brothers, we all survived the young years. Maybe it was because we were started so young? Dad was 6'4 and a sharpshooter in the marines. He spoke, we listened. Not sure why that doesn't work nowadays:confused:

if anyone is having trouble finding what they need, try usa tactical out of Statesville, they manufacture their own lower receivers, competitive on price, they can do custom machining, and they make some of the best out there... why not just cut out the middleman and go straight to the source?? They are also a NORTH CAROLINA based company for those of you who like supporting the local little guys.

If they manage to get a gun ban passed through but can't manage to keep the country from falling off the "fiscal cliff", then we have a FAR deeper problem in this country than I had ever imagined.....

Well said!!

It might take falling of the cliff for enough people to forget about the proposition of a ban. It's a 6 billion dollar industry, losing it may very well be the beginning of the end.

Fun fact. There are more gun stores in America than McDonald's restaurants. Take that Big Mac! :fuck-you:

That made me think.
Been around guns all my life. Always had toy guns and knew the difference. Got my first red ryder bb gun at 5, first crossman pump at 7. Was shooting .22's and .410's by the time I was 9. I had 3 brothers, we all survived the young years. Maybe it was because we were started so young? Dad was 6'4 and a sharpshooter in the marines. He spoke, we listened. Not sure why that doesn't work nowadays:confused:

That does work, the part that is not is the parents speaking and child listening. Part of the problem now I think is parents don't talk to there kids.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

That made me think.
KEY WORD: Dad. You had one just like I had one. And by one I mean a dad rather than a Parental Figure. Dads give a damn from the bottom of their hearts parental people do just enought to satisfy some person, book, or establishments approved way to raise the generic child. And kids with a parental figure these days are the lucky ones.

That does work, the part that is not is the parents speaking and child listening. Part of the problem now I think is parents don't talk to there kids.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

Absolutely... I see WAY too many parents nowadays that have their heads stuffed so far inside their iPhone to even notice their kid. Seems to be they are often times the same ones griping that their kid is misbehaving.... hello - they are trying to get your ATTENTION. While I don't give my kids my undivided attention at all times (such as right this minute), I know what they are doing they are and have a visual on them. When they finish their lunch, it's nap time for them and time for me to get some work done. When I lost my job, my wife and I made a VERY hard decision to have her go back to work full time (31 hours a week) and me stay home with the kids. When I was working, I was usually working 50+ hours a week and she was working 10 hours a week. Win/win/win. The kids see me more then they used to see her, and they see her more than they used to see me, PLUS we aren't paying daycare and expecting someone else to raise them according to their morals and beliefs.

Im just glad i was able to get an AR on layaway before they all got gone. Atleast ill have one.

Well Obama put Biden in charge of researching and writing out the ban so the only chance we really have is if he screws it up like he does 99% of the time. I think what burns me up the most is how ignorant the American person really is. I cant tell you how many people have no clue what kind of gun they want to ban, and when you explain to them the truth they dont want to hear it. All they see is some story on the news that has 75% of the facts wrong and they get outraged. None of them even bother to look at the real statistics themselves.

As gun owners and Americans all we can do is say a prayer like most of these right wing people need to do, and hope the NRA can help us, i just dont see it happening. Obama needs this to distract us from everything else he is screwing up (obamacare, fiscal cliff, ect.).

Welcome to the OBAMANATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both political parties have jumped on the banning band wagon so now u can blame both sides not just one!
Well that's the thing I already blamed both parties not just one party. That's why statement read "right wing" because I personally believe anyone that can't read or believe simple facts falls in that category. I only state the president and Vice President because they are in charge of taking care of this and like every other political situation it goes completely wrong for the hard working, law abiding citizens that actually care about this nation and what happens to it.

Kinda off topic but I'm not a gun guy. I assume the AR15 is like an M16 in size. How do you get into a school carrying one of these in your hands in the first place?? I think the ban will happen but it seems to me there are a lot of other things that can be done.

Kinda off topic but I'm not a gun guy. I assume the AR15 is like an M16 in size. How do you get into a school carrying one of these in your hands in the first place?? I think the ban will happen but it seems to me there are a lot of other things that can be done.

?? you open the door and walk in?
I don't think it's an issue of "sneaking" it in. These guys walk in expecting for there to be a big scene and for people to get shot.
Since it's a gun-free zone - who is gonna stop you?

?? you open the door and walk in?
I don't think it's an issue of "sneaking" it in. These guys walk in expecting for there to be a big scene and for people to get shot.
Since it's a gun-free zone - who is gonna stop you?
Bingo! That's the best argument we can have as gun owners. Every competent and responsible person should have atleast a pistol to defend themselves from criminals. That's why they are criminals and we are law abiding citizens, they don't care about the law and we do. I know you don't always get the best case scenario but I would rather die defending myself than being a sitting duck. It's proven time and time again that when the citizens are left defenseless (gun bans, ect) the crime rates go up, look at big city crime no guns = more criminal violence. Would you try to rob a man if you know there's a chance he will be carrying and kill you, probably not. Everyone should do research and look at the percentage of gun related deaths compared to say drunk driving accidents, medical malpractice deaths will really surprise you. There are so many things that statistically far out weigh gun deaths but nobody will say anything about that stuff. It's sad America has turned out like this. I feel bad for our kids having to live here with America going down hill so quickly.

It's sad America has turned out like this. I feel bad for our kids having to live here with America going down hill so quickly.

Guess we need to combine the fisical cliff thread with this one now.:D

This quote due to the relation with the topic really hit a sore spot with me that I have been struggling with internally only recently. It's terrible to say that the very reason I chose not to have children is the fact I saw this point in life coming from very early age. And the important fact I was handed a choice to make from early age. I can go on and on how tough I had it growing up and my climb out of the hole and all. But it was more importantly how I took notice of how things were going down hill with every generation around me after me to come. But if everyone chose not to have children because of how bad they had it growing up and how much less there was to hand down, we would become extinct. So guess what's happening to Japan. :popcorn: And guess what's going to happen here in America too if we don't set better standards for future generations.

Do I regret not having kids? You damn right I do! But I guess I can rest my mind to at least say that my choice paid off and I don't have to sit back and watch my son(s) or daughter(s) suffer any more than I did. My brother chose the other path and I do have 1 young niece that I would see growing up struggling if I hadn't chose MY path so I could hand to her in times of need.

One of my favorite quotes from my aunt: "If at first you don't suck seed, you just keep on sucking!"

It's sad that good people have to make the decision not to bring kids into the world because of how bad it is but I fully understand where you and others are coming from on that, and I definatly won't look down on you for the decision. I won't have another child for that reason. I have to say my son is a major reason I am so against gun control. I atleast want to be able to defend my family and me when the nation goes so far south people start looting and all that, and it looks like we aren't far from it. I'm lucky I live on a single lane dirt road in the woods, I can see em coming and pick em off lol.

I just got word from a CMPD police officer that was briefed on the Newtown shooting that the shooter actually did not use an AR-15 to shoot everyone in Newtown, CT. The AR-15 was left in the backseat of the car he had driven to the school. Apparently he shot everyone with a pair of pistols. One was a 10mm Glock and the other was a 9mm Sig. There was also another shooter that was arrested that the police found in the woods with some type of firearm on his person. Kind of ironic how no one said anything about a 2nd shooter/accomplice and the media went nuts about the shooter killing everyone with an "AR-15 military style assault weapon" when it was actually in his backseat the whole time. Hard to kill people with something that is in your backseat. Don't ya think?! But that is right, inanimate items are actually the problem, not the individuals that use those items to cause mass devastation. What was I thinking!

Guess we can not believe our unbiased media. :uzi:

Carry on.

I just got word from a CMPD police officer that was briefed on the Newtown shooting that the shooter actually did not use an AR-15 to shoot everyone in Newtown, CT. The AR-15 was left in the backseat of the car he had driven to the school. Apparently he shot everyone with a pair of pistols. One was a 10mm Glock and the other was a 9mm Sig. There was also another shooter that was arrested that the police found in the woods with some type of firearm on his person. Kind of ironic how no one said anything about a 2nd shooter/accomplice and the media went nuts about the shooter killing everyone with an "AR-15 military style assault weapon" when it was actually in his backseat the whole time. Hard to kill people with something that is in your backseat. Don't ya think?! But that is right, inanimate items are actually the problem, not the individuals that use those items to cause mass devastation. What was I thinking!

Carry on.

I "heard" this same story. However I have read nothing about the pistols & other shooter.

Everything you read about it is just "opinion" type articles which is usually just a bunch of crap a "professional journalist" came up with. Have the police released any official news in the past week? All I have seen Is why, his armament, and DNA study articles. There was a brief report from the day of another arrest but it was gone before it started. And numerous reports he didn't use the AR at first. We will probably never know what really happened or why and in the end it still doesn't matter because in the eyes of the anti gun no guns is the answer to everything.

Carry on.

I hate to be one of those "conspiracy theorists", but this thing smelled funny right from the get-go. Right off the bat, there were several conflicting reports as to casualties ranging from 2 all the way up to high 20's, there were NO eye-witnesses and while he would have been like shooting fish in a barrel (please pardon the apparent lack of respect), 26 dead including 20 that are my daughter's age is insanely impressive efficiency for one person even with semi-automatic weapons. I'm no criminalist, but I did take Criminalistics in college as well as Psychology. The chain of events doesn't add up. The scenario plays out better in my head with multiple assailants than a lone gunman.

There was one article I read very soon after the events unfolded that suggested that this was hatched by the government in an effort to revive the gun ban of the 90's. He mentioned how ironic it is that Feinstein seemed to be poised and ready to take on gun control again within hours of the shootings. The Thursday before the shootings, the State of Michigan legislature had a bill on Gov. Snyder's desk to allow CCW carriers to carry on school premesis. He wondered if that would be affected by this shooting It was vetoed by Snyder on the Tuesday after. Ironically, I can't find this website now. At the time, it was pretty high in Google's list (thus how I found it in the first place). I wonder how long it will be before this post disappears!

That story has been going around since a couple days after the shooting. There is also video of the police pulling an AR style weapon from the trunk of the car, funny part is a bushmaster AR has a top mount charging system, the gun pulled from the trunk was a side mount and looks suspeciously like a shotgun. You can't believe a damn thing the media says because they don't bother to fact check or dig any deeper than necessary to brink you an "exciting story". News media is no different than regular shows, they have to keep ratings up to stay on the air so they will do what they need to, be damned the consequences.

Check out some of the videos of parents of children from the school standing in line to be interviewed by media. They are talking and smiling, not grieving like they should be after a tragedy of that caliber. Part of the problem with most information people talk about is its just stuff heard on tv and most Americans are to lazy to research and fact check for themselves. I guess it's just the America we live in, but then again it's why we are in a lot of bad situations like this gun ban talk.

I hate to be one of those "conspiracy theorists", but this thing smelled funny right from the get-go. Right off the bat, there were several conflicting reports as to casualties ranging from 2 all the way up to high 20's, there were NO eye-witnesses and while he would have been like shooting fish in a barrel (please pardon the apparent lack of respect), 26 dead including 20 that are my daughter's age is insanely impressive efficiency for one person even with semi-automatic weapons. I'm no criminalist, but I did take Criminalistics in college as well as Psychology. The chain of events doesn't add up. The scenario plays out better in my head with multiple assailants than a lone gunman.

There was one article I read very soon after the events unfolded that suggested that this was hatched by the government in an effort to revive the gun ban of the 90's. He mentioned how ironic it is that Feinstein seemed to be poised and ready to take on gun control again within hours of the shootings. The Thursday before the shootings, the State of Michigan legislature had a bill on Gov. Snyder's desk to allow CCW carriers to carry on school premesis. He wondered if that would be affected by this shooting It was vetoed by Snyder on the Tuesday after. Ironically, I can't find this website now. At the time, it was pretty high in Google's list (thus how I found it in the first place). I wonder how long it will be before this post disappears!
I agree with you fully. I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all but I agree its just so convenient this happens like this and that the info is so misconstrued from the start. One person walks into a school with a gun and kills that many people, why is it so hard to get the correct info about it even weeks after? I just don't understand so much of the whole situation. I thinks it's just the government throwing their weight around in a different way but that's just an opinion.

Back