Biggoofy build thread 96 Jeep ZJ

I can't wait for these to show up! Fox 2.0 remote res 7/8 shaft 12" travel all 4 corners! Thanks Carolina Truggies!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357795517.157988.jpg
 
prob cause the sidwalls are stiff as hell, same issue I have with my boggers. 5psi equals no flex.
 
Gotta break em in. Just take the valve stems out and then to figure eights on the pavement for about 20 minutes til they get real hot. They should be broken in by then if your rims don't cut the side walls. I've seen TSL's support the weight of a samurai even with 0 PSI. After doing the above they would actually flatten with the stems removed.
 
Yukon 1541h 9" shafts, bearings, seals, and new backing plates from Dave's offroad supply should have the Zj back together before the weekend!
 
Hell yeah, you gonna bring it to the next workday so you can break it again :flipoff2:


Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk
 
I got to work on her today with a buddy welded up the hole in the 9" then cut out the old bearing races. Then the fun task of cleaning out the housing and prepping it to put the 3rd member back in. I got the third back in then put the brakes back together and slid in the new shafts and bearings. All in all it went smooth and according to plan. I think I have a broke hub up front though ill go through it this week and see. I took it for a fun 70 mph test drive down my road and she's doing great. Now I just need my shocks to come in and ill be set!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454635.432967.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454652.858723.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454674.359769.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454700.374485.jpg
 
I'm cheap and those work lol. Ill put discs on my 14b when I do it.
 
By the steel and what not and we can do a set on your rig and all I want is enough steel to finish mine.
 
Damn what they makin them shocks out of that it takes that long to get them?


Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top