Bourbon

Working on building something to house the bourbon collection, and a beer cooler. Prob going to encase in pallet wood and copper flashing
Disclaimer: I'm not a carpenter

Attachments

• 20220206_194900.jpg
    20220206_194900.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220206_194850.jpg
    20220206_194850.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 76
Working on building something to house the bourbon collection, and a beer cooler. Prob going to encase in pallet wood and copper flashing
Good start so far. I need to do something also, no more room on top of the kitchen fridge. Halfway looking for a china cabinet or hutch, but my wife is looking for a whole dinning room set now. I guess as long as she doesn't complain too much about how much we have or buy what can I say.

It the cashier at a liquor store recommends something, buy it. Great stuff.
View attachment 366853
That's a double edged sword. Yeah they see the folks buying good stuff and giving reviews, but they're not the folks who will tend to spend more than 2hrs wages on something for first hand knowledge.

Plus.. looks like you bought paint thinner

It the cashier at a liquor store recommends something, buy it. Great stuff.
View attachment 366853

Man...I wish I could agree. I was excited for this the first time I tasted it. Bourbon coffee is my go to, 1 part bourbon, 1 part coffee. It was a bit of a lightweight at only 80 proof, but was a very immature bourbon identified by the heat (common with alot of moonshine brands that try to go to bourbon). And similar to the Crown Royal and cola cans, I find this did neither bourbon nor coffee any justice. I didn't have high expectations for it since it's a $30 bottle, but was hoping it would be a better coffee mixer. IMO if they aged it a little longer to reduce the bite, and made it a little stiffer...it would be just fine. To me, it tasted it like Canadian Mist that went through a used coffee filter.

Man...I wish I could agree. I was excited for this the first time I tasted it. Bourbon coffee is my go to, 1 part bourbon, 1 part coffee. It was a bit of a lightweight at only 80 proof, but was a very immature bourbon identified by the heat (common with alot of moonshine brands that try to go to bourbon). And similar to the Crown Royal and cola cans, I find this did neither bourbon nor coffee any justice. I didn't have high expectations for it since it's a $30 bottle, but was hoping it would be a better coffee mixer. IMO if they aged it a little longer to reduce the bite, and made it a little stiffer...it would be just fine. To me, it tasted it like Canadian Mist that went through a used coffee filter.
I wonder if you got a bad bottle. Mine was good. It wasn't particularly strong, but I don't drink bourbon to get drunk. I have real moonshine for that.

No matter what you post online someone has to propose on it.

Simple solution, don’t like it, don’t post online. And frankly, you posted a review, so I did mine as well. You liked it, I didn’t…just that simple, no need to get all woke mob, people are allowed to have differing opinions.

Simple solution, don’t like it, don’t post online. And frankly, you posted a review, so I did mine as well. You liked it, I didn’t…just that simple, no need to get all woke mob, people are allowed to have differing opinions.
Yeah there are a lot of guys who like the Rye juice, and also the higher octane, I'm more of a wheat guy, a few Ryes are ok to me.
Beer, I can't stand any IPA beers but love the stouts. Low IBU beers for me. Probably why I don't care for the Rye as much.My opinion.

Butthurt much?

I honestly don't care enough about anyone to get upset over the fact they are wrong.

Are you planning on enclosing your A/C air return? I would leave it open, but maybe I'm not seeing the master plan.

Broke the seal on this one. I think this has been my favorite. I've got some Weller I haven't drank but this definitely at the top.

View attachment 367372
Rare as chicken teeth? Cost as much as filling the suburban with premium on an empty tank?

Details

Rare as chicken teeth? Cost as much as filling the suburban with premium on an empty tank?

Details
I bought it right before Christmas. A local store sells these gift baskets. Usually they have something really good in them and then have 2-3 bottles of trash. I went in and asked if they were going to sell any more baskets that week because I didn't see any. The lady asked what I was looking for and I told her about Mr. Lee. An awkward pause later she said told me to wait there. She went into the back and came back out and said they were calling the owner. Evidently he asked if I was a regular and she said yes. After about 5 mins they came out front with a gift basket with Elmer T. Lee, Blanton's, and the Kentucky Owl in it. A true rarity to get three good bottles of booze in one basket. I think I paid a little less than $300 for all of it.

I bought it right before Christmas. A local store sells these gift baskets. Usually they have something really good in them and then have 2-3 bottles of trash. I went in and asked if they were going to sell any more baskets that week because I didn't see any. The lady asked what I was looking for and I told her about Mr. Lee. An awkward pause later she said told me to wait there. She went into the back and came back out and said they were calling the owner. Evidently he asked if I was a regular and she said yes. After about 5 mins they came out front with a gift basket with Elmer T. Lee, Blanton's, and the Kentucky Owl in it. A true rarity to get three good bottles of booze in one basket. I think I paid a little less than $300 for all of it.

Quite obviously she appreciates your jaw line and complexion as much as I do and she took care of you. They probably had to put ‘floor is wet’ signs all over the store after you left.

Back