Bourbon

FYI there is one in mount pleasant sc - Charleston area- that literally has anything you want. But they are overpriced on everything.

I had some decent luck @ Liquor Land in Pooler GA when I was down there two months ago. I bought two of their store picks that I have been pleased with.

I had some decent luck @ Liquor Land in Pooler GA when I was down there two months ago. I bought two of their store picks that I have been pleased with.

Good call…I usually stay at the embassy suites in pooler at least once on this trip (return trip this time), so I’ll give them a look.

Anyone have or know of any hidden gem liquor stores along or around this path??? I’ll be making a slow loop down to Florida soon and I don’t usually come up with much of anything when I google ‘best liquor store/bourbon selection in XYZ’. I think my ‘best’ find has been a couple bottles of EH Taylor. And I’m not so much looking for places like Frugal McDoogle’s just over the border where they just have a lot of the same old stuff, really looking for a top shelf…erm…top shelf selection.

View attachment 364797View attachment 364798View attachment 364799View attachment 364800View attachment 364801
Check out Mickey Finn's in Florence. They have 2 stores and usually have a good selection.

Don’t knock it till you try it 😂It has caramel corn flavors and is surprisingly smooth for $16.
885EA915-6A4D-4D59-AB92-2B7481E165F3.jpeg

Been wanting to try seagrass for a while. It’s different! I like it.
8D0CCD3D-452C-43E9-B7BD-1F30E741F242.jpeg

Don’t knock it till you try it 😂It has caramel corn flavors and is surprisingly smooth for $16.
View attachment 365310

Been wanting to try seagrass for a while. It’s different! I like it.
View attachment 365311
I did a Conviction Bourbon tour here in NC and the juice before it got aged was not bad. I think it was the corn, I've been known to like shine......

FYI Asheboro ABC has like 14 bottles of EC Barrel Proof
317B0848-0FAD-4136-AFFA-6F75A9CACB8C.jpeg

Nothing I was looking for, but grabbed some stuff I never/rarely see locally. Place in Florida, in a neighborhood I probably shouldn’t have been in had a dozen Buffalo Trace bottles on the shelf, so I grabbed 4.5 of them. Wife really likes the Basil Hayden Toast, this was only the 2nd time I’ve seen it, so snagged one. Belfour is one I’ve never tried, but always wanted to, the reviews make it sound too good to be true for my preferred pallet.

3D302C99-0079-4F9B-A0AD-A480C1E7E52A.jpeg

Last edited:
Belfor is pretty good. A little over priced, but much better than proper 12. We bought one to try too. Almost bought another when Eddie was coming to town was going to get a signed bottle. He canceled due to being sick.

Belfor is pretty good. A little over priced, but much better than proper 12. We bought one to try too. Almost bought another when Eddie was coming to town was going to get a signed bottle. He canceled due to being sick.

Good deal, the flavors sound perfect for me. However, the reviews I read on the aging, I felt like it might be a little immature. I found how long they age with oak barrels, and was hoping the pecan stave aging point might age it enough to mellow. I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Heaven Hill BIB is good stuff

Got this on a sale tonight. It’s for the wife’s Old Fashions. COVID still has my smeller screwed up so nothing smells good to me. She seems to think it’s rather tasty.

89CA08A9-A1DB-4CE3-A03E-F2DB8E119FA4.jpeg

Have any of you been on the Bourbon Trail in KY? Me and the Mrs are thinking about heading there next month and we plan to hit a few distilleries. I'd like to go to Buffalo Trace (not technically on the trail) and Weller. Makers Mark because I've always wanted to dip my own bottle and maybe a couple more. Any suggestions?

@McCracken
Did you make it to the Bourbon trail last year? If so any recommendations? Planning a trip to see ultra4 race in KY and Bourbon trail this March.

@McCracken
Did you make it to the Bourbon trail last year? If so any recommendations? Planning a trip to see ultra4 race in KY and Bourbon trail this March.
Unfortunately no. I don't remember exactly what came up but the finances got drained and then I think the MIL couldn't come up and watch the kids so it ended up being a bust.

Back