Bourbon

Not a bad pour. Wife picked it.
View attachment 394513

Man, I’ve been trying to get my hands on one of those bottles since I first heard about them. For no other reason than ‘support local’. Apparently, only 3600 bottles were/are being produced. I’ve heard depending on popularity/demand, they may do more, but who knows.

On tap for tonight…

807CE0B9-E55A-4562-833F-12C1B5464F0E.jpeg

Picked up a bottle of the Calumet. I've seen a lot of these and it made me wonder if they're really all that good since I see them everywhere. Taking that and whatever remains of the Woodford Reserve. Pics to come.

Picked up a bottle of the Calumet. I've seen a lot of these and it made me wonder if they're really all that good since I see them everywhere. Taking that and whatever remains of the Woodford Reserve. Pics to come.
Had the 8, 10, 14 and 15 honestly I liked the 8 and 10 best. I've heard there is a blend of 8 and 14? That is supposed to be good too.

116635.jpeg

They claim this beat out Pappy several years in a row. Poor man's pappy, only $40. Not bad but never had pappy to compare to. Better with a splash of water, 106 proof is too much alcohol for my palate to taste anything. Also better after sitting for 20-30 in the glass.

Had the 8, 10, 14 and 15 honestly I liked the 8 and 10 best. I've heard there is a blend of 8 and 14? That is supposed to be good too.
I think mine is the 8 and 15

20230401_191555.jpg

Last edited:
This is a stupid hobby. I went in for a bottle of Penelope, they didn’t have it. I swore to myself I wouldn’t get caught up in the lifestyle brand ‘Blue Run’…I failed. The Bushwood I hadn’t seen before and thought it was a cool bottle…

79B3EF43-67B7-4F77-AA17-6FC9DBC52E94.jpeg

This is a stupid hobby. I went in for a bottle of Penelope, they didn’t have it. I swore to myself I wouldn’t get caught up in the lifestyle brand ‘Blue Run’…I failed. The Bushwood I hadn’t seen before and thought it was a cool bottle…

View attachment 395094
I want to try a Penelope

I want to try a Penelope

I dig it…I’ve had the straight bourbon and the toasted. A smidge immature, so a little burn and a little bit of a bitter finish. A lot of floral and fruit, in my opinion. I wasn’t expecting to like it…but it’s a solid drinker, and the price point isn’t bad.

If I see one which do think I should grab first?

I preferred the straight bourbon, and will become a regular in my cabinet. Surprising considering it’s the cheaper of the two I’ve had, and not typically a flavor pallet I gravitate toward. The toasted had potential (better nose and initial flavor), but the extra char just seemed to bring extra/too much spice/burn and accentuated the immaturity…just not worth the price tag in my opinion.

I was not a fan of the four grain cask strength. Toasted was solid. Heard good things about the architect too.
Steer clear of Rosè finish 🤣

You don't have it up there? It is almost always here in in "Charlotte" on the state line in SC. I've looked at it but never bought it. Too many choices always end up with something else!!!!

We m
You don't have it up there? It is almost always here in in "Charlotte" on the state line in SC. I've looked at it but never bought it. Too many choices always end up with something else!!!!
We might. I just forget to look for it. It doesn't jump off the shelf at me thats for sure.

We m

We might. I just forget to look for it. It doesn't jump off the shelf at me thats for sure.
My challenge with it is they have 20 different bottles/variants.

View attachment 395094

For what it’s worth…I wanted to hate both of these…but they’re really not bad. Not sure they’re worth the price…but pretty decent sippers.

Nor sure why but I don't care for the original Jameson, even the Jameson orange and rumchatta orange sickle shots my wife likes.

Back