Bourbon

I've been looking for Thomas but just haven't stumbled across his acquaintance yet.
Handy was good. A friend poured it side by side with Old Carter. It wasn’t even close in a blind.

If you can find it for $25, please buy 4 bottles for me :huggy:
Calling me out. lol
It’s $29.95 in NC now

Some on shelf with BT at oak ridge store. Probably at other stores that are controlled by Triad Municipal (Forsyth county)

I heard the same about Asheville. Eagle Rare on the shelf :eek: Not behind the counter. 6 wide, 5 deep, on. the. shelf.
This was in Greensboro a month or two back.
1682704074299.jpeg

Not gonna lie…kinda jelly about all that Stagg and the WLW in the middle.
Hit me up if you’re ever in Greensboro brother! Not gonna last much longer, but there’s a glass with your name on it.

I've had this idea for us as a group and maybe I've mentioned it before but I don't have it in me to search. Since we all have bottles we want, why not make a list and share it. Then if one of us sees that at a store we can grab it. I don't know how to effectively make it happen since some of us (me) are cheapos and depending on the bottle, won't pay more than retail. Then you'd have to pay for shipping. It may not be worth the time but then again it might.

I've had this idea for us as a group and maybe I've mentioned it before but I don't have it in me to search. Since we all have bottles we want, why not make a list and share it. Then if one of us sees that at a store we can grab it. I don't know how to effectively make it happen since some of us (me) are cheapos and depending on the bottle, won't pay more than retail. Then you'd have to pay for shipping. It may not be worth the time but then again it might.

I like the idea…my brother in law does that at work. They all travel and there’s a group of them that just grab bottles. Like you though, these days, I won’t pay much over ABC retail plus a standard finders fee.

Snagged these in Mooresville. The Ava isn’t a 1st edition, but as I understand they do less than 1500 bottles/yr, so had to grab it. The BMH, I tend to find pretty tasty, but not the quality of the old Stitzel-Weller bottling.

IMG_3186.jpeg

Last edited:
I've never seen either one of those. I did find an Old Fitzgerald the other day. Dude said he had them in the back but wouldn't sell one. Pretty close, but no cigar.

First time I had seen the Ava in the wild. First time in probably 3-4 years I’ve seen BMH on a shelf, and I’ve never seen it on an ABC shelf. I’ve seen the rye from time to time, but I’m not a rye guy. Mooresville had 10-12 bottles of each though.

Back