Bourbon

Wife wanted me to grab some bottles to make lemon meringue martinis. Must have timed it right with a delivery…both were in stock with a one bottle limit…

View attachment 369691
Times must be getting tough. I’ve never seen a limit on any of those.
I wish Belle Meade would have left their reserve as cask strength too… been holding on to this bottle for a few years now.
F28F2249-6E88-4A47-9809-3F4EE5A51FCC.jpeg

Times must be getting tough. I’ve never seen a limit on any of those.
I wish Belle Meade would have left their reserve as cask strength too… been holding on to this bottle for a few years now.
View attachment 369724

I’ve heard ‘glass shortage’ as an excuse across the southeast for the last two years. I really just think people are trying to capitalize on this bourbon hysteria and govern the market to make everything ‘premium’. Wasn’t that long ago I could go to the abc store in Edenton, blow the dust off a box of blantons and pay $60/bottle. The bourbon market has gone stupid the last 5 years.

“Shortage” “limit” marketing terms go to any Walmart or grocery store on the other side of the Missouri/Mississippi they have cases of all of it stacked like coke or pepsi

Picked all this up last week, picked up some for me and a few co workers. My bourbon budget is pretty much gone for the year.
View attachment 369818
So, you've got the next 2 weekends covered it looks like...what will you do about the other 37 weeks?

Picked all this up last week, picked up some for me and a few co workers. My bourbon budget is pretty much gone for the year.

Dang. Now I feel like I got a problem. I go through one of those a week

Crap! the BT is hard to find here. The abc stores are only getting one or 2 cases a month and you can only by one bottle a day.
Yeah, luckily we had time to go there twice and pick up 4 BT at $27 each and 2 Eagle Rare at $34. Wish we allowed to buy a case. The Evan Williams red label is sold in Japan, only available after you do a tour.

Never seen either of these in the store. Figured I’d give them a try. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m a sucker for anything cask strength so hopefully the Ezra hits the spot.
DDE344C2-EE8E-4D6E-A0AC-EAE56277FAA9.jpeg

Never seen either of these in the store. Figured I’d give them a try. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m a sucker for anything cask strength so hopefully the Ezra hits the spot.
View attachment 369853

I like Ezra…and I’ll drink anything from Orphan Barrel. Kinda jelly about that one actually, Rhetoric is one of my all time favorites, and the Fable & Folly is supposedly a 1/3 blend of the remaining 20-25yr barrels they have of the Rhetoric. If you happen to run across another one, I may know a guy interested…

I like Ezra…and I’ll drink anything from Orphan Barrel. Kinda jelly about that one actually, Rhetoric is one of my all time favorites, and the Fable & Folly is supposedly a 1/3 blend of the remaining 20-25yr barrels they have of the Rhetoric. If you happen to run across another one, I may know a guy interested…
There were 4 bottles of the OB in the store.
I had never been to the one in downtown Greensboro but it was fully stocked. (Except the usual allocated stuff)
Oh and they had a bunch of the bellmeade reserve.

115 North Cedar Street
Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
United States

If you need me to grab anything let me know.

I’m excited for the rye that was blended into the others. I cracked Ezra tonight. I may go back and buy another bottle… it’s good

Nope…that’s the first I’ve seen. Good looking out.
The regular belle meade is what got me into whiskey when we toured the distillery in Nashville back in 2018. I’ll definitely be grabbing a couple bottles of each to keep for a long time.

I've seen this a lot but never thought to try it till you boys posted up. Belle Meade was a bust. What they said they had was some gift set with 3 pints of it. After further inspection, it appears it was a typo...

Attachments

• 20220401_190318.jpg
    20220401_190318.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 59
I've seen this a lot but never thought to try it till you boys posted up. Belle Meade was a bust. What they said they had was some gift set with 3 pints of it. After further inspection, it appears it was a typo...
I heard the 1920 is good. All old Forester mash bills are the same just different chars and aging if I remember correctly. Saw a sign reminded me of you driving between distilleries last week.20220325_142608.jpg

I was upset that a $75 bottle of rye was a twist off lid.
The bottle’s contents did did not disappoint though.
Always love a good barrel proof rye.
C8011EA5-7311-4C64-857E-46ACCAC1BAAC.jpeg

Back