Discussion in 'Build Threads' started by josh$$, Mar 12, 2013.
All the parts showed up this week
No saved a long time to be able to do this and all the parts yall see is where that money went too.
You know I have to give you grief (on HERE anyway)...
Few will truly know the price that was actually paid to enjoy these tasty bits....those close to you have an IDEA, but still...it's not a price 99.5% of the people that will see this rig would be willing to pay.
You deserve every bit of it an MORE bro...very happy for you to be able to enjoy this build
Went by to check on my tj today. And she is about 90% completed the 700r4 is in the Atlas is in trans shifter and t-case shifters are in. From what David Minton has told me it has been some kind of experience getting everything to work like it should. But since i had streched the wheel base last year it helped with this swap. Rear drive shaft was perfect no need to have it shortened or lengthened. Front drive shaft was 2in to short so David sent it out and had it shortened. More pice will come as i can get them. There is alot of information im missing from posting up but to honest ive just forgotten alot of it lol.
Looking good @josh$$ ! Can’t wait to be with you on the trails when it’s finished up and you are healed up.
Good looking build!!
After a long wait for parts and mo ey to pay for recent upgrades she is ready to wheel again.
Shout out to David Minton at Mintons Automotive in Granite Falls NC for doing the automatic transmission swap and insalling tge Atlas 4.7 t-case for me. You and your guys did an out standing job! David also built me a trans/oil pan skid for protection and since mall crawling isnt for the faint of heart i had crushed my factory oil pan and he replaced too. So now she can hold her full capacity of oil again. Ive got about 300 miles street driven on the 700R4 and she shifts up and down no problem. I still try to push the non existent clutch but guess i will stop that after awhile. After getting her home she had her new 36tsl's mounted to check for clearance issues. Had to trim the rear quarters about 1/2" back. Then to the issue of bump stops. While i had her flexed out checking for clearances i was able to get some measurements and used some off the shelf part store bump stops. Cut some D.O.M. Pipe to the lengths i needed then capped them off with some plate. After some drilling and tapping i now have bump stops. Then i used the rear cross member for the mounting cleaned up paint dirt and gunk. Tacked them into place and then burned them in.
Damn, seems like yesterday it was open diffs and mud shovel skidplates, oh the memories!
Yea it was a life time ago or st least it feels that way.a lot of time, care, and a lot of $
That’s awesome!! Looking forward to seeing you soon! Take care.
Just because I have an awesome friends @Jason W. And his wife @deb who gave me her old AEV rear Dana 44 skid to help prevent me from busting my yokes all the time. And since this had Previously been on a jk 44 we had to do some mods and weld it to my axle tubes so it works as a skid, yoke protector, and a bottom truss lol let's us see how long it takes me to mangle it up.
The addition of a flange yoke with an adapter at the driveshaft can add to a bit of protection as well. Little extra diameter can keep the edges of the yoke from twisting over rocks.
I was able to upgrade my winch from a smittybilt to a warn.( bought from @Jason W. And @Debra ) And since the automatic transmission swap & atlas transfer case upgrade she has just flat our performed.
Id like to thank my friends and family for all the help in building my tj. Chris Ellis for building/fabrication of all the suspension and doing the strech(@BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC. ) and to David Minton at Minton Auto for doing the automatic transmission swap and atlas transfer case upgrade.
Love the new 700r4 automatic transmission swap and atlas transfer case but the lowcar shifter I do not like. Went with it dew to it being the one that comes with the kit. So I oppted for a artcar shifter but it wouldn't work with the factory console so after lots of research finally found a mount that will work with what I wanted. The mount is from goatbuilt.com. I got the mount put together and welded it up. Next will be installing it
Thinking there are some updates not yet revealed!
As @upnover said there are some updates.
Me and @Jason W. Jason Watson have been chasing a brake issue for nearly a year after new booster, master cylinder, brakes , calipers, brake cylinders, and we still could not find the issue. So I took it to more experienced hands David Minton but all he found was air and told me the only thing else it could be would be the proportional valve. We took it wheeling and still lost brakes so today we changed out the proportional valve hoping this fixes the issue.
Next we replaced the factory radiator with a factory replacement since it was the last thing that needed replaced in my cooling system. And to help out I and Jason installed and hood louver kit. With with the non coated one
Today's project aka to keep myself from getting bored.
Replacing the factory body mounts in the center of the body 4 out of 6 are completely fubared
Project part 1 complete
New Artec body mounts are welded in along with A&B pillar roll cage mounts. And new track bar/panhard bar mounts on the front axle and frame, a little trimming on the frame side mount and adjusting to the antirock arm for clearance. Also all new brakes front and rear with knew knuckles(witch it had to be clearanced) had to add 2inch spacers in the rear to clear the rear anti rock arms and coilovers.