Callalente July 4th weekend...

what you talkin bout willis? i gotta good sense of direction! :driver:
gonna be a good time. hope the heat stays away!

yea i know, same mudholes with 3 turn arounds @URE.

anyone headed up early either late in the evening on friday, or early saturday morning from the winston salem, gboro area? ive gotta suzuki on 37s ill be draggin with a superdookie.

adam
336-406-5269

I might be up for some wheeling at Mtn City on Saturday. If I go, I'll be leaving my house about 6:30-7:30am Saturday morning to roll into Mtn City about 9-10am. I got the front end put back together on my Samurai yesterday, so it is 100% now. I need to replace the clutch hydraulics on my Dodge Ram, and figure out what day my sister is coming in town to visit. I'll post back up once I figure out if I am going to make it or not.

Its really just parking lot camping, You can get a decent shady spot if your lucky.

I'll have my canopy. If anyone needs to sit in the shade for a while the wife will be taking $5 donations for each visit. :flipoff2:

There's a lot of shaded areas around the camping site and parking area. I don't think anyone will have a problem.

Don't take me the wrong, its not a bad place to camp, By any means. Looking forward to wheeling there again, Chris I too will be bringing some shade with me. Not sure how many will be with me, Might end up making the haul with just the family.

Right now looks like a few of us are trying to make it.

anyone from the winston area mind picking up my long lost wheels and bringing them up????

anyone from the winston area mind picking up my long lost wheels and bringing them up????
ill be coming up saturday from winston. give me a call i might be able to pick something up for you.
336-406-5269
adam

oh btw. i have a stock 2000 xj. ive never been to callante, and was wondering how stock jeep safe it is if i pop the sway bar link loose. i have a buggy but was thinkin about letting my friend bring my jeep.

what about the trails that are fun for buggies? do they have bypasses like uwharrie does??

There are some nice trails for buggys, and almost all trails have bypasses. Just depends what trail your on, For example "Welder" may be tough for a stock jeep (Clearance issues, Lots of rocks), but not so hard for a buggy, But there are a few ledges and a waterfall that are real challenging, that would be fun for the buggy on that trail, they all have easy bypasses. There is a ton of trails so it has a little bit for everyone.

anyone headed up early either late in the evening on friday, or early saturday morning from the winston salem, gboro area? ive gotta suzuki on 37s ill be draggin with a superdookie.
adam
336-406-5269
myself and a cpl others will be lvn mt. airy fri evening towing a few rigs if you would like to travel with us. we are staying at the motel though. only one turn and a few miles from the campground.

matt 336-401-2830

There's plenty of gravel roads and such for stock jeeps.

Boy i sure am glad i know the truth otherwise this answere would have chased me off:shaking:.

Here is the deal on rigs with 33s and smaller tires. We WILL and emphasize WILL have a good time.I do welder. I can go to pull cable and watch folks tear up there crap and then motor on.I ain't all about the obstacles fellas.I don't stick to the gravel roads either.If you are riding with me,better have a full tank of gas and a packed lunch.Whole lot of trails to ride on.

point i'm trying to make is if you roll on 235-15s or 44s,there is a plenty to do there.something for every one.bring yer crap on and let's go!

I would bring my zj but dont have front Ring and pinion in it and something popping in the rear thats welded... Sux

oh btw. i have a stock 2000 xj. ive never been to callante, and was wondering how stock jeep safe it is if i pop the sway bar link loose. i have a buggy but was thinkin about letting my friend bring my jeep.

We have some stock k-5 blazers that run welder, go up to the tower, ect. You just need to be careful and choose your line so not to get hung up. I had a stock xj follow us up welder winter before last in the snow and ice on car tires w/ no lift or lockers and almost no problem.It's all in the driving.

I'll be heading up Sat morning, anyone going that way from the Raleigh area? Me in my Tj and a buddy in his jk, both moded.
Any advice on what to bring, lessons learned type things involving the camping or jeeping appreciated. Never been there so not sure what to expect. Thanks

only thing i really worry about is the tires. it only has an overgrown donut for a spare. lol

maybe my spare 37 off the buggy would fit.....:bounce2:

pretty much i wanna know if my stock jeep can follow my buggy wherever it may go? are there bypasses etc?
i took the jeep up daniel and dutch john at uwharrie with no issues...any comparisons?

well looks like i'm out. going back to work and gota leave tomorrow. the good thing is i'll be in n.c. instead of 1500 miles away so if they decide to let us off saturday i can haul ass home and still make a day ride. how many are riding sunday?

Dang Nick! I was looking forward to wheeling with ya! I don't know if I'll be riding Sunday or not, but I'll be camping Saturday night.

only thing i really worry about is the tires. it only has an overgrown donut for a spare. lol

maybe my spare 37 off the buggy would fit.....:bounce2:

pretty much i wanna know if my stock jeep can follow my buggy wherever it may go? are there bypasses etc?
i took the jeep up daniel and dutch john at uwharrie with no issues...any comparisons?

If you can make it up the back side of Daniel from the parking lot, then you can make most any trail up there. Like i said before, we have stock k-5 blazers on stock type a.t. tires that walk up welder. You shouldn't have any problems up there riding the trails.My only advice is if this is your first time, try to hook up w/ an experinced group to ride with. With a 130 miles of trails up there, you can get lost easily or end up some where you don't wanna be.

Back